Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 10

Old 03-27-2019, 04:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow Daisy.... those photos are beautiful. What a lovely drive!
Old 03-27-2019, 05:08 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Good morning all, hope you're all good. All's okay with me, it's another lovely spring day, there's a bit of a chill in the air but it's dry and it's calm.
I'm a bit tired this morning, I didn't sleep too well last night, but I'll survive. I'm hoping to spend an hour in the garden doing a bit more tidying.

Erratic (( )) you don't need to apologise for anything here, honestly we've all got our problems, sometimes just writing stuff down and getting it off your chest makes you feel better, look at all the cr*p I write about my son.
Well you and I have something in common with the thyroid disorder, I have an underactive thyroid and I find it very easy to put weight on but it's very difficult for me to lose it. Even stopping drinking hasn't helped me to lose weight.
I also have Ulcerative Colitis which is another very unpleasant auto immune disease and I have to have regular endoscopies which are a delightful procedure....not.
I'm really sorry your job folded and I hope you soon feel much better in yourself. xxxxx

See you all later, happy 'hump' day. xxxx

"Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it."
Old 03-27-2019, 05:10 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Thanks Suze, we must have cross posted. Yes, it is a lovely drive, I'm very lucky, I don't enjoy driving but seeing those views make it all worthwhile. x
Old 03-27-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x

sry daisy didnt mean this job has folded it was my last job which was at for 8yrs and they was great. I was meaning i have some strong thoughts about this job and its very quiet so i am worrying that they might end up selling or folding if you understand?

On a good point is i plucked up the courage and phoned my old alcohol Councillor to see if it was still open but he explained that he ended up closing and told me to get my gp to refer me again which i phoned my gp and asked receptionist to pass on message to her and asked to be referred back to alcohol clinic . so hoping i will get an appointment soon.

take care all and sry viper for my rambling crap last night.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi guys , am just about to try get an hours kip before my call. Flying home for JFK tonight. Cannot WAIT to get home . I'm not sure if it because i have been getting the coach this month and it's all new ti me etc but u have felt like I have been away alot and I really miss my little girl 😞

However saying that I have had a good trip albeit expensive! I went to a meeting this morning and then did a bit more shopping! I have lost since weight and I just really want to start wearing si mice bits and even though I have alot of stuff at home some of it is still a wee bit small for me as I am not at my goal yet so treated myself to a few new spring bits that I can wear now. And colourful things too. No black! Well actually I bought one black t shirt a sort of black/grey linen t shirt but that's it.!

So sleep well everyone and I'll post more when time tomorrow x x
Old 03-27-2019, 04:05 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi all, just a quick bedtime post.

I'm sorry about the confusion Erratic, thanks for explaining. Lets hope your worries about your current job are unfounded.
Good on you for phoning your old alcohol councillor, that was very brave and if you don't get an appointment via your g.p in the next week or so chase it up.

Have a safe journey home Suze and enjoy wearing your new clothes.

Sleep well Aprils, much love to you all. xx
Old 03-27-2019, 05:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I suffer from thyroid stuff too Erratic - just wanted you to know you're not alone

I'm sorry for your health issues too Daisy.

I really hope you can get to where you want to be health wise and weight wise Vipe.

Hope its a good trip home Snitch

D
Old 03-27-2019, 06:59 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Erratic, I didn’t see any comment by you, but I’m sorry if I hit a raw spot for you. It’s ok to be sensitive about certain things. 💜💚

I posted on page for the Medicine I take for AI issues and got a ton of responses. Mostly very helpful. A whole lot of work ahead!! Fantastic!!! NOT!!

Vipe
Old 03-28-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope you're all good, I'm just sat in the hairdressers having my roots done and a few highlights. Posting from my phone so fingers crossed it works.
Much love to all of you .Back later. Xxxx
Old 03-28-2019, 03:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I suffer from thyroid stuff too Erratic - just wanted you to know you're not alone

I'm sorry for your health issues too Daisy.

I really hope you can get to where you want to be health wise and weight wise Vipe.

Hope its a good trip home Snitch

D
Thank you Dee.I feel quite well at the moment to be honest. I try not to let it get me down and I seem to be blessed with a high pain tolerance..for which I'm grateful. Xx
Old 03-28-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Erratic, I didn’t see any comment by you, but I’m sorry if I hit a raw spot for you. It’s ok to be sensitive about certain things. 💜💚

I posted on page for the Medicine I take for AI issues and got a ton of responses. Mostly very helpful. A whole lot of work ahead!! Fantastic!!! NOT!!

Vipe
That's a good idea Vipes, people who suffer from the same issues can give a lot more advice than doctors, that's what I've found anyway. You might have a lot of work ahead but it's something to focus on and if it gets you for and healthy again it will be well worth it. Take care. Xxx
Old 03-28-2019, 05:10 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I got some new meds. I’m in rough shape. I got in with the best GI group in the area for April 9th. I saw my gp and she gave me something. I can’t eat. I’m just trying to drink water. My pharmacist noticed the weight loss and commented. I’m a waif. I need to gain 10 pounds like today.

I drove to the Emergency Room. Sat outside in my car for 20 minutes and drove back home. I’m really at a BLEEPING loss here folks.

My father is druuunnnk as usual. As soon as all the social workers discharged him from being evaluated (remember all that stuff my sister was having done?) he picked up the booze that night. Disgusting.

I’m wondering if alcohol would start my digestion again because it always kept it going. I’ll never know the answer to that. I don’t want to feel drunk ever again. That haze, the darkness, I can’t imagine it.

I guess we can safely say I’m at rock bottom health wise.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils
Just doing my usual goodnight post, I hope you've all had a good Thursday.

Viper, if I had a bacon slicer I would happily send you 10lbs in the post, I can easily spare it. seriously though, I hope you get it sorted very soon.
I'm sorry about your father, that must be hard.
Don't even go there re the alcohol starting your digestion, it would start a whole pile of things, none of them good. x

Goodnight all, sleep well, lots of love to you. xxx
Old 03-28-2019, 06:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're ill Vipe - I hope you can find a healthy and positive solution very soon.

D
Old 03-28-2019, 11:38 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils and a happy Friday to you all. I'm up alone whilst the rest of the household sleep on, my favourite time of the day. The mornings are much lighter now, though it's a bit misty out there which means it's going to be another lovely day.
Anyway, whatever you're doing today, enjoy and make the most of it.
Lots of love to all of you and stay sober. xxxx

At any given moment, you have the power to say: This is not how the story is going to end.
Old 03-29-2019, 02:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

I’m in a slightly better mood. I’m still not well. I don’t anything serious is wrong. I just need to get some things corrected. My really good APRN called just now for 20 minutes so that was good. She’s such a hottie 🔥. Dying.

Im sorry to keep talking about it but when I look in the mirror it’s like a skeleton looking back at me. So there is a plan of sorts. I won’t get into it.

Why it I don’t want to drink is beyond me.

Later
Old 03-29-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good night all, sleep well.

I hope you feel much better very soon Viper.

xxx
Old 03-29-2019, 06:25 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

ViPe I've been ill for most of this year with various things - it can get you down

The key for me is keep going back to my Dr - & eat well, sleep well or at elast rest as much as we can - but also to a certain extent trying to live through the pain - don't stop doing things.

Keep up the quality of life best you can,
D
Old 03-30-2019, 12:46 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x

This weekend hub has decorating planned, so should be fun.

Had a horrible night of bad dreams so its made me a little grumpy this morn, so hoping that my mood lifts up .
Havent heard yet from alcohol clinic or pdoc guess it will take time , i just have to have patience

Not long now for u daisy for your 1st year sober hun x
Old 03-30-2019, 03:22 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, hope you're all happy, well and sober. It's a bit chilly here this morning so I'm back to my winter woollies. Just back from dropping my mum off in town and having a coffee before I do some housework. My son had my grandson stay over last night and was supposed to drop him off at 9.30 this morning, no signs as yet but I have a gut feeling he took him to his current love interest's house in another town and stayed over. It's been a long term relationship this current one, it's been going on for a good 3 weeks. I'm a bit on edge this morning because he's not answered my text message or call and I don't know where this g.friend lives, I don't know where my g.son is!!

Going to need to repeat this prayer a lot today I think.

"God give the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference."

I'm sorry to read about your health issues Dee, but you have the right attitude to get you through, my motto is no matter how bad you feel you have to get up, dress up. x

Morning Erratic, what are you decorating? My husband is useless at D.I.Y though he does try ( most of the time I wish he wouldn't), he has no patience and I'm sure he makes up his own swear words. He says words I've never even heard before, but they sound rude to me.
If you don't hear from your p.doc or alcohol clinic by the middle of next week, give them a ring, don't let them leave it too long, the sooner you see them the better really.

How are you today Viper?

Morning Suze, hope you're having a good Saturday.

Back later, much love to you all. xxxxx

God give the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.