Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 10

Old 06-26-2019, 09:11 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

quick early morn check in before work x

good to see u again nichole x
thanks daisy, glad u had good lunch with friend x garlic yumm i like garlic also xx

see u all later x
Old 06-27-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Good morning all, it's a beautiful, sunny day at last, a bit of sunshine always makes me feel so much better. I'm back home from doing all my running about, I've done a couple of wash loads, pegged it out and now I'm having a little chill with a cup of coffee whilst I peruse the threads and post.

Hi Erratic, how's things with you? I hope work goes smoothly for you today, don't do too much. I like garlic occasionally but I'm always really conscious of the smell, I seem to be one of those people that the smell lingers on for days.Oh well, it will keep the vampires away.

Back later. Love to you all xx
Old 06-27-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Still fighting for sobriety very very tired and no energy not sure it’s from early sobriety or this 90 degree weather maybe both
I am struggling I’m letting my thoughts build up to where I feel like breaking I don’t understand all these withdrawals I’ve been through and the negative impact that’s happened why I still think about drinking you think that be enough to stop but it’s not maybe I need to put sobriety first because honestly I don’t I still live my normal life and it always ends up with a drink in my hand this weekend and next week is a holiday I’ve been invited to cookouts parties festivals and I have a concert all involve being around alcohol and for some reason just seeing it smelling it sends me up a wall to where I drink which sucks because I don’t want to give up concerts and being around friends and family but I don’t want to drink or just set at home I feel like I’m fighting for something I’ll just screw up but then I also know I’m fighting for a life that’s worth living I have no clue what to do definitely to much on my mind
Hopefully y’all have an amazing bright and beautiful weekend take care
Old 06-27-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Hi Nichole, I'm glad to see you posting. I think being really tired and lethargic is very common in the first few days, I remember feeling that way for quite a while, plus that heat will add to it too. I think most people would struggle with so many alcohol fuelled events and I know that not going to them is not going to be an option for you. I think my advice would be to go and see your doctor and be straight up with her, maybe she would give you something for the cravings which would be half a battle won. Your life is worth living. xx
Old 06-27-2019, 05:32 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah I had to make some tough decisions if I wanted my life to change Nichole - but it sounds like you're realising the same thing?

I know you can do it
Hiya DB

D
Old 06-27-2019, 09:04 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

again a quicky hi x

work wasnt to bad yesterday,boss and me was iffy at start but then things lightened up. was bz day with sun being out.

good to see u again nichole x daisy x dee x thinking of you viper, snitch, bluesy, kgirl x
Old 06-27-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're doing ok erratic

D
Old 06-27-2019, 11:15 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Morning everyone,

Nichole sorry to hear you are struggling. When I stopped drinking, I could NOT be around alcohol. There is no way I could have gone to loads of alcohol fuelled events like you have lined up and stayed sober. My first weeks and months, right up until recently were governed by recovery. AA meetings. I know there were a couple of times I went to the pub, which thank GOD I didnt pick up a drink but I look back now and think why did I put myself through that? Obviously its up to you what you do, but what is more.important? A few alcohol fuelled events or saving your life? You don't have to not ever go to these places or events again. They will always be there. It really comes down to how much you want sobriety?

It's a lovely day here. I am just getting up now, will take Seren to school then I have the hairdressers and then gonna come home and put my new bbq up and clean my patio as we have friends coming after school. All the baby seagull chicks are hatching now and my patio is covered in new feathers, and moss from the roof where they build their nests or whatever it is they do. I am just terrified one of them is going to fall on my head when I am out in the garden!! Twice now I have come home to baby gulls in my garden that have tried to fly and got stuck. Not great for someone with a bird phobia!!!

I don't want to drink, as obviously I know where it will take me, but when the sun is out, I live in a place where bars line the roads and "everyone" is sat outside drinking and my alcoholic brain does go into overdrive a bit, the old neurons and receptors that so expected alcohol on a near daily basis seem to buzz into life. I have to remember that this is only my 2nd summer sober. Compared to 25 years of summer drinking! It takes time for the brain to heal and that is what we are doing all the time we are refraining from putting alcohol into us. Healing our brains. So I am feeling like a bit of a newbie again and kind of having to take things a day at a time. Which is ok. I will not drink no matter what. I never want to go back to that hell again.

Vipe!! So pleased for you buddy, you have come so so far. The first year really is the hardest and I believe so many people quit in that time because of that but you do come out the other side and it is worth it, and you are testament to that.

Ok peeps have a lovely day today , catch you all later x x
Old 06-28-2019, 11:09 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils, I hope everything is good with you all.

Hiya Dee, have a good day.

I'm glad work went better than you thought it might Erratic. You're sounding much more positive now and I'm loving seeing you post on the morning grats thread.

Hi Suze, did you get those bloods done? I have to drive through a lovely picturesque village every afternoon, it's full of little wine bars, bistro's and old fashioned pubs, this weather it's also full of people sat outside drinking cold beers ( yuck) and wine in ice buckets ( toxic waste). I'm happy that I'm not one of them, give me a good strong cup of Yorkshire tea and that'll do for me.

Enjoy the rest of Friday and have an amazing weekend. Much love to you all. xxx
Old 06-28-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Good morning all, have the best Saturday you can.

I found this for those struggling with self care. I like it,not sure about the press up though.

SELF CARE
Start by doing one 1 press up.
Start by drinking 1 glass of water.
Start by paying 1 debt.
Start by reading 1 page.
Start by making 1 sale.
Start by deleting 1 old contact.
Start by walking 1 lap.
Start by attending 1 event.
Start by reading 1 paragraph.
Start today. Repeat tomorrow.

Back later, love to you all. xxx
Old 06-30-2019, 01:20 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Happy Sunday. xxx
Old 06-30-2019, 02:55 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Administrator

To you too Daisy

D
Old 06-30-2019, 03:29 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Morning Daisy, morning Dee and everyone else.

Thanks for posting that Daisy. Little changes make big differences and I need to be reminded of that.

My sister is here and whilst she is just getting ready I am taking some time out in my garden. Its wondrously hot already. We had pancakes for breakfast. My little girl asked for them. They were a bit doughy as I just guessed the measures but still yum. I am such a perfectionist and things do not have to be perfect and that's ok! Something else I am learning.

So , I am sober and feeling grateful but boy, I am ot gonna lie this weekend has been pretty tough for me. Alcohol everywhere and my mind has been going crazy! I have felt really stressed too, I think I put too much pressure on myself sometimes and how did I use to relieve stress? You got it! Yesterday my back and neck were killing me. I had a headache and we went to Serens school fayre which is ok but then my sister came down and we went to the beach. It was beautiful but my mind was on alcohol . Then we took her to to the kids paddling pool which was heaving and she was fine for 10 mins but then had a meltdown cos she had no friends to play with. I nearly lost it and all I wanted was a ******* drink. We walked back along the seafront. I was praying like a mad woman but I just feltike a coiled spring inside and my whole body was aching. I said come on lets go in the sea! So we went back on the beach and my sis stayed on the beach and me and my daughter went in. Wow! It was beautiful.i had gone in earlier but only up to waist level but I NEEDED to get in. The water was cold but I felt it literally zapping energy and relief into me. I swam with my baby and she loved it and relaxed too. We came back to mine and I told my sister how I was feeling. It's good to share. We were gonna have a bbq but I said I was just too tired to even cook that and then wash all up after so we got a Chinese takeaway and sat in tbe garden and chatted and I just really relaxed. She did have a couple of cans of gin and tonic which I felt ok with. She didnt buy wine cos wine was my poison. I am not sure I could have handled that. By 11pm Iotealy fell into bed exhausted and so so grateful to wale up clean and sober and hangover free today.

I really believe that my HP (God) was dok g dor me what I could not do for myself this weekend. I dont know how I disnt drink it was so on me. But its reinforced my belief that a Power Greater than me is at work. I realise for this alkie a recovery plan is vital.

Anyway, am glad i can share that here . Today I am going to relax and take things easy. Just enjoy the day for what it is. No pressure.

I'll check in this evening

lots of love and happy Sunday to you all
Old 06-30-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

sry i havent been back for a couple of days again.

doodle my dog started to take a seizure friday morn while husband was still home but i was at work, so when got home we thought he was doing ok, but he had another seizure in the afo, so had to get him to the vet which she checked his heart, breathing, temp, kidneys but all seemed fine, so she is not sure what is causing the seizure as it could be just one of things his age or genetics so she gave us anti seizure tabs, which we gave him when got home and ofcause he had another seizure late evening which she said may happen, anyway yesterday we all thought things was going fine and we took him down to the stream in the shade and that and he did his normal rolling in smelly stuff and also going into the stream, so yesterday he didnt have any seizures except now through the night he was sick and had major diarrhea in our bathroom and again this morn while at work and was sick, hub said he wouldnt eat his cheese which we put the tab in it so he will take it, but not this morning! so hub gave past and told me, so i bought a bit of ham and when got home i gave him a little bit so thats bit better and then gave him with his tab in it. so i have gave him some eggs and ham to see if that will help the diarrhea to firm it up, sry for to much info there, so while he is taking a nap just now is me taking time to update u all about what is happening. so i will try to get back on when i can.

hugs to u all x
Old 06-30-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Nichole, awesome job!!! We’re here for you. Keep it up. 💜

erratic thanks for the comment on my thread. 💜

I jumped the gun gun a bit but the whole nation will be on holiday this week. I went to the huge AA meeting in the city with all of the former ganstas’, convicts, hardcore users, the bikers... that are now all awesome dudes now. Some gals too. It’s probably the safest spot in the city given the collective tough factor in the room.

I went for a 1 Year Coin. It’s heavy. I gave a rousing speech too, complete with jokes and so forth. They loved it. So actually by Wednesday it will be at least 365 but what’s the diff? A lot of great folks there that knew me when I was a mess years ago and went to meetings and drank anyway. They were really happy I made the trip. I parked my BMW motorcycle right next to some hardcore biker’s BMW bike. Nice!

Checking in

V🔥🔥🔥🔥🐍🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Old 06-30-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Hi all, it's after midnight and I need to go to bed so I'm just going to make a quick post tonight.

Thank you Dee.

I know its been a tough weekend for you Suze, but you made it, you did it, you're still sober. You've come a long way and you're stronger than you know. You've got this.

Erratic, I'm so sorry that your little dog is poorly. I wonder if he's eaten something a bit dodgy with it being so warm at the minute. I hope he makes a rapid recovery anyway. Keep us posted.

Bloody Hell Viper, did you really write that post? You are like a different person, I'm totally gob smacked, it's like you've been transformed. I never thought I'd see the day where you would go to a meeting. Wow, I'm so proud of you. Many congratulations on 12 months, you're a legend. xx

Goodnight and love to you all. xxx
Old 06-30-2019, 05:07 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm proud for you to get through all that Suze.
Congrats on your imminent year Vipe
Best wishes for you and Doodle Erratic!
Hope your day was good Daisy

D
Old 07-01-2019, 12:17 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x

doodle still has diarrhea but little bit better and has taken his anti seizure med this morn, so again just keeping an eye on him today and if it doesnt start to be more solid will take him to vet tomo.

i have alcohol clinic today and liver scan tomo, so again trying to start off the week on a positive note.

good seeing you all x have good day x
Old 07-01-2019, 03:07 AM
  # 499 (permalink)  
Administrator

time for a new thread guys

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-11-a.html (Class of April 2018 Part 11)

D