Old 04-08-2019, 05:29 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope to see you around some more Nichole

D
Old 04-08-2019, 10:28 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

1year and 9 days check up

Hey everyone. Congrats on 11 months snitch, hope you start to feel better viper. This past month has been tough for me. My overthinking about anxiety has been lingering for a while now followed by DR the day after. Plus the pollen has been very bad where I live so I’m hoping for that to be part of the problem. I cut my coffee off again, I felt like it was making me feel worse than I was. It makes sense since it triggers neurotransmitters just like alcohol did. I have read to stay away from caffeine in early recovery, maybe that is why. So now I’m just relaxing waiting for a better day, hoping to have a good window of improvement soon. I have also been working on positive energy. If I build myself up, think positive, and speak positively; it has seemed like I make myself feel better. I’m done dreading this feeling, it’s here. I’m dealing with it and making the best of it. I know when I was hooked on pills a few years ago, there was a few times where I was lucky to wake up. The memories still haunt me. I lived through that and I will live through this. We are all lucky to be alive. We are all learning and are not perfect. What we do the days to come is what matters and that we are bettering ourselves. I hope everyone can see the good in themselves even through their worst times. The cloudy days will not last forever😊
Old 04-09-2019, 12:18 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

G. Morning chaps, I hope you're all good. It's a bit chilly out there today, back to my jumper I think. As I'm sat here posting I happened to look out of the window and notices all the beautiful colours of the trees, the different shades of greens and magnificent reds, I must have been so blind when I was drinking.
My husband is off now on a few days hols, hopefully he'll finish grouting the bathroom that he started weeks ago, however he has started with a heavy cold which could possibly progress to man flu, so we'll see.
My little g.son is going to his surrogate Granny's again today with his 2 cousins, so hopefully I'll get another productive day in the garden. He's had 2 lovely evenings playing games on the xbox with my husband for a couple of hours before bed, they were playing football on it last night and it was so lovely to hear them laughing together.... and bickering.

Lovely to see you posing here again Matthew and congrats on 1 year and 9 days, that is awesome. It would be great to see you posting often, we need Notice the beauty around you. Be curious.
Try the things that interest you. Be brave.
Start the things you’ve been putting off. Create something.
Learn something. Teach something. And do it all for the love of it.another man on the team, nothing personal Viper, lol.
I'm sorry you've been suffering so much with anxiety but you do seem to be working through it and focusing on the positives. You are right, we are all lucky to be alive, for me it feels like being given a second chance and I don't want to waste that.
Take good care of yourself and come back very soon.

See you all later, have the best Tuesday you can. xx

You don’t need to travel the world or do big things to live an extraordinary life. Be present.
Notice the beauty around you. Be curious.
Try the things that interest you. Be brave.
Start the things you’ve been putting off. Create something.
Learn something. Teach something. And do it all for the love of it.
Old 04-09-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Morning all. Or afternoon? I am in the States and just woke up but am gonna try sleep more so will check in properly later . X x
Old 04-09-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi all!

Well I have slept loads! And been praying a lot and feeling so grateful to be sober. Feel a wee bit weird about leaving AA. I am praying to my HP over it. But I feel free. Or more free. I feel like I want to explore new things now . Some of my AA buddies have contacted me which is really sweet. They are concerned I am running on self will! It's a hard call. My sponsor left me a message saying to be careful as my thinking is screwed up. But she followed it up with "have a good think about what you are going to do?". That seems really contradictory to me lol. I dont want to turn my back on the programme that saved my life. I love the programme I do. But I dont want to have to check in with someone every day of my life, I don't want to run every single thought or action through inventory. But how I am thinking, is that me running on self will? See what I mean , it's dead confusing!

So I am gonna do something nice today. The sun is out . Am gonna go walking. Feel the sun on my face. Get some nice healthy food. Drink lots of sparkling lime perrier water. My favourite. I love being sober. I want to get more in touch with my feelings. Enjoy the good times and deal with the not so good.

Have a lovely day everyone x x
Old 04-09-2019, 02:48 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Matthew - Congrats on your year

hope you feel better again soon

D
Old 04-09-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Bedtime check in, hope you've all had a good day. My day has been productive, the weather warmed up and it was lovely, I got quite a bit done in the garden, gardening is my therapy. I'm tired now but it's a good tired, tired from working not from drinking, there's a massive difference.

You seem much better in yourself today Suze and I'm glad about that and I'm glad you're doing something nice for yourself too. The thing with the A.A will sort itself out, you've learnt a lot from it and at the end of the day if you decide you've made the wrong decision by leaving, you can go back to it any time.

I hope you've had a good day Matthew.

I'm off to bed now so goodnight and sweet dreams. xx
Old 04-09-2019, 11:10 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Good morning all and have a good 'top of the hill' day.

Back later xxx
Old 04-10-2019, 12:22 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morn all x sry should of congrats to you matthew x your doing great x

well i am away to get my hair done this morn, fingers crossed that i like it lol

i also got my psyche appointment through yesterday for next thursday so had to swap my working day for it. It looks like its with the same guy who i ended up walking out from. This time i am more prepared and should be bit better with him. He wrote apologizing that i wasnt informed about my old pdoc leaving, so that was nice.

Will catch up with u all later x have good day x
Old 04-10-2019, 12:47 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Hi all

Well, I am going to stay with AA.

Omg my head!!

I am going to quit thinking too much. AA has been vital to my sobriety. I am going to stop questioning it and just go with the flow. Sorry for all the up and down posts.

My daughter has her own phone now. It is sooo sweet getting WhatsApp messages from her and little voice recordings and speaking to her on face time. So adorable. I am so lucky.

I hope everyone is good.

Xx
Old 04-10-2019, 03:53 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Evening all,

How's your hair Erratic, are you please with it? I'm glad your phycho appt has come through and it was very decent of that doc to write an apology, it's worth giving him a chance.

Ha ha Suze, I'm glad you're staying with A.A to be honest and don't even think twice about your up and down posts. It's good to have a sounding board and get things off your chest. My g.son sends me loads of silly emoji's via Wattsapp and selfies of himself pulling silly faces, bless him.

I'm off to bed now so goodnight to you all, sleep well. xxx
Old 04-10-2019, 09:30 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

early morn check in before work x

glad u decided what u was doing snitch x always do the best for yourself x

daisy my hair turned out lovely colour and i have booked myself back in june to get it lightened up even more before my nephews wedding. only need to now is not put it back in a pony tail! also better buy a round brush and straighteners, err check me out being slightly giving a crap about myself lol

hope u had a good day daisy x was lovely blue skies here with later a bit of heat, which we had hard frost early that morn. x hope ur grandson is doing ok?

right off to finish tea and then off to work gah!
Old 04-10-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Morning all, hope you're all well, happy & sober. It's a beautiful morning, though frosty yet, just trying to think what to do with the kiddo's today.

Glad you're pleased with your hair Erratic, you sound just like me, I always scrape mine back into a ponytail or one of those clip things, anything for the easiest.Anyway it's good that you're taking care of yourself, you deserve it and don't you forget that.
Grandson is fine thanks, cheeky as ever.

Back later, have the best Thursday you can with love to you all. xxx
Old 04-11-2019, 04:44 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Goodnight all, I'm feeling very sorry for myself with streaming, heavy cold and a very sore, red nose. I could put Rudolph out of business. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

Goodnight all. xxx
Old 04-11-2019, 11:04 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Morming everyone

Erratic, you sound great. I am glad someone seems to care at the hospital and also good for you getting your hair done. It boosts us to take care of ourselves and do something nice for ourselves too. I think you need more of that!

Oh Daisy bless you. This year has been terrible for cold and viruses. I am sure it is because the weather is so up and down. I had a sore throat all through the night and kept coughing, it seems to be better this morning. Have you used day nurse? I dint know if I am allowed to say that on here? It really helps me when I am coldly. I stay away from night nurse personally because of my history with sleeping aids etc although I would use it if I was really poorly.

Seren should have been with me today but her cousin is over from Germany (her dad's brothers son) so I said she could stay an extra day. She loves him and they have a great time together . And my ex loves them getting togethet too which melts my heart a little as it shows his soft side lol. So today I am going to have a bit of me time. I am going to workout, then am having my eyelashes done and will go and get my nails sorted too.

With AA, I do feel relieved to be back in the 'lifeboat'. I had a good chat with my sponsor and let her know exactly how I felt. I find it hard to tell people directly what I feel sometimes but she encouraged it and I feel like it broke some ice . Some ice I had been holding onto. She said she is just here to guide me through the steps and to help me see things from a different perspective. She said I am perfectly free to make my own decisions and make my own mind up but to help me see where I may be holding on to old ideas or thoughts that could be detrimental for my recovery. She apologised because she said she snapped at me when we spoke about my neighbour . She had had a bad day herself. She said to me of course I was entitled to speak to my neighbour and she said it must be really annoying but she was also trying to help me see that I am powerless over that situation. I mean I can say something sure but what can u really do about it? She wanted to try to help me see things through different eyes because for me to hold a resentment is only going to hurt me. Anyway, it's all fine. I am glad my behaviour knows how I feel anyway because I would be more annoyed holding it all in but I guess she can't really do anything about her son running around. One positive action I can do is call the owner as there is one part of the floor that sounds like a loose floorboard so maybe we can see what can be done about that. Ugh, incan hear him screaming now. But am praying for patience , tolerance and compassion lol. Fingers crossed he grows out of it. Or they move out Haha!

Thanks for listening to my ups and downs lol.

It was a year today that I started on my 10 day binge that nearly killed me. Thank God I am not in that place today. 🙏🙏🙏

Have a lovely day everyone. Will check in later

Xxx
Old 04-11-2019, 11:30 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils, hope everyone is well. It's yet another beautiful morning here, we're doing well with this good weather we're having, wonder how long it will last.
I'm going to the beach today with my 3 g.children and their other grandmother, my bestie. The oldest one, aged just 12, is obsessed with roller coaster's and there is a fairground where we're going. I just hope I'm not expected to go on any rides, lol.

Thanks Suze, my cold is still streaming, I haven't tried day nurse, I'm not very good at taking medication for colds etc, but I'm going to have to take some de-congestants this morning. I've never know so many people with heavy colds at the minute, wonder if this mild weather we're having has anything to do with it.
I hope Seren enjoys her time with her cousin and I hope you make the most of your 'me time.' Good on you for getting your lashes and nails done.
I'm really glad you're staying with A.A, you're in a much better place than you were this time last year.
Good luck with your neighbour, I hope you get it resolved.

See you all later, I'm going to get breakfast. Much love to you all. xxx
Old 04-12-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thinking about y’all today well I do pretty much everyday but just want to say have a lovely beautiful amazing sober weekend!!!!! Positive vibes
Old 04-12-2019, 04:54 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thank you Nichole - you too

D
Old 04-12-2019, 07:57 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

afternoon all x

hey good to see u nichole x

aww poor daisy i do hope u got a good sleep and hope going to the beach goes well x it has been mainly grey here and back to being cold brrrr.

thanks snitch x yay for u not being in that same place, it should be near a year for you also? or is that the year today???

hope your having a good day xx
Old 04-12-2019, 03:16 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Evening all,

Lovely of you to check in here Nichole, I hope you are doing okay and I wish a beautiful, amazing, sober weekend right back at ya.

Hi Erratic and thank you, I had a great day but it was soooo cold, not helped by the fact that I have a heavy cold too. The 2 g.kiddo's spent most of their money at the fair, the eldest one aged 12 has an obsession with roller coasters so he was in his element.
I hope you're okay and keep warm over the w.end. x

Going to bed now, sleep well everyone with lots of love from me. xx