Class of March 2013 Part 56

Old 04-10-2019, 11:39 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

hi Everyone !
Babs
Old 04-10-2019, 12:56 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Babs and everyone. Yep we cant Affect the behaviour of others, other than to demand respect towards ourselves in word and deed. But sometimes if we show constancy, they can alter their behaviour because of ours.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:58 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

sometimes......or mostly.....be the example you want to see in the world....which is who you are dear toots. I know, mooshy Suze. xx
Old 04-10-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Old 04-10-2019, 03:21 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Yay Babs!! I so proud of you! Those walks are so darn helpful! And you are right to just focus on you. Just smile and give Mr Babs a hug and say "you do what you need to do"

I gave up trying to change people like... forever ago. I never had the energy. Trying to change me is a full time job.

I have been so struggling with work. I am sucking at my job. It's been hard admitting I am not brilliant at everything. Haha joke. But not really. So I woke up this morning and told myself do something about it. I updated resume and also called a previous employer to see if they would be open to rehire me. That took a little courage but I did it! I was prepared for them to say thanks but no thanks but they were actually open to it. I didn't leave on a bad note. So that helps. Less money but don't care. I'm retiring in a couple years and moving in with Sass anyway. 😂😂😂
Old 04-10-2019, 04:14 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

That's fantastic news shoes.
Really.
Money is not the object I would think....and if you will be happier in this job....just lovely.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:26 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

I'm currently trying to talk Mr T into coming down to a 4 day week. He can see the sense in it, he is a couple years from retirement but hates this current contract and it is eating his soul. If he was only working a 4 day week, he would be less tired, have more personal time and would be less bothered by the job. The problem is the bottom line is £10k less in the retirement pot. But I said I would rather tighten my belt as and when rather than him not have a good work/life balance. For the longest time when I worked, I believed we had to enjoy not merely endure the job we did. Work is hard our waking life and a bad job takes up waaaaay more than that as it steals sleep and dripfeeds into the family relationships. He has a meeting today, as his current contract runs out in May and he isn't even sure they will renew ( we think they will, they seem to like what he does) and will bring upthe subject if the timing is appropriate.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Toots, yes, we can always wish for more in the retirement pot but waiting until retirement to enjoy life isn’t a good recipe either. Imho, although none of us likes to realize we can’t do as much as we used to as we get older, we aren’t exempt either.

Shoes, yep - you can share my teeny apartment and we can take turns sleeping . Seriously, although there are some lovely big apartments with a nearby ocean view here, I am very content with my little home overlooking the pool for my water view.

Hi Suze, Babs, Trachy, Duff and anyone else reading!
Old 04-11-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I am going to tiny house on a friend's farmland. I can watch cows all day. That's my retirement plan. Although ocean view is tempting.

I think I would want to just tighten belt too Toots. Mr. T's soul is important.

It was a gift losing pretty much every thing and starting over. I realized I don't really need all that much. Practice for living in my tiny house as I see it.

xoxo
Old 04-12-2019, 07:22 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

hi guys ! WE got at least 6 more inches of snow last night ! !
and it's wet and heavy this time of year. We just put away some of the shovels and took the cover off the snow blower. Ugh. But, it won't hang around here long.
Doing ok----Shoes I miss the farm----I love looking at cows and farm animals.
Since I can't do much outside think I'll do a little baking. We don't need that stuff either but, sure will taste good...….
Stay safe everyone ….
Babs
Old 04-13-2019, 04:56 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Babs, we had snow this past week - just enough to make driving a bit iffy.

Shoes, agreed on not needing much! I am so glad i had to get a small apartment (about 600 sq ft). I don’t like too much clutter and this forces me to think carefully before buying “stuff”.
Old 04-13-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Hmm...stuff. I'm moving to the halfway house today (another step in the process). My "stuff" is pretty paltry. I do miss my stuff that's in storage. mostly my cookware. In a few months...
Old 04-13-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Have a good move love.
Old 04-13-2019, 05:50 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Hi All,

I guess having a day off really just doesn't do me any good, I either spend too much money or something strange happens.

Today I went out for a bike ride, I was on a nice downhill run and was doing about 25 mph when a dog comes flying at me from the street above the street I was on, I had no time to reach the stun gun I carry with me. I had to grab the brakes, I ended up flipping over the handlebars. Originally I thought I just had some road rash and a little damage to the bike.

The owner of the dog told me that I should take a different route next time and that she cant afford a fence to keep her dog on her property, that really got me aggravated.

I got home and took a nap, about an hour later I woke up and both wrists were in quite a bit of pain. I went into the ER and had X-rays done. I now have two fractured wrists and splints on both arms.

I did file a police report and will be seeing a lawyer on Monday. I'm getting tired of needing armed protection while cycling because some idiots wont contain their dogs, in fact on the way home 3 more dogs came at me, fortunately the stun gun scared them off.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:23 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Ouch Ken that sounds a sore one, are you able to work or will you be off of a while? I cannot abide irresponsible dog owners, why don't people raise them to be well behaved in social situations? First thing I did with Molly was begin her training with her first meal and her first 'thing-that-happens-after- they- eat'!, the day I got her. I hope you get justice Ken.

Hope the move goes well Trachy, it's good to see you around again and feeling so positive.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:00 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Ken, that’s a bummer! The attitudes are perhaps the most head-scratching...

Trachy, you have been sounding grounded - and that’s a big positive. I am very happy and proud that you are taking this sabbatical to do this hugely important and positive process for you
Old 04-14-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Well, life with splints on each arm is interesting and occasionally frustrating.

Aunt Bee is sure enjoying it as I have dropped much food on the floor for her to pounce on.

I had Tracy take me shopping today for drawstring pants as normal pants are proving to be difficult.

I haven't tried shoelaces yet, not looking forward to that.

Showering was an epic comedy of errors.

Wrists are feeling a bit better today maybe pain medicine or just swelling going down.

Will probably not be able to go back to work until at least one splint is off, wont be able to put some P.P.E on.

Heading to Lawyer, Human Resources and Bike Shop tomorrow, start getting everything in order for lawsuit against dog/property owners.

Also going to look into designing a stun gun and handlebar mount so stun gun can be activated without hand leaving handlebar Had I had that I may not have crashed.

Trach, you are doing great, keep it up and stay strong!
Old 04-15-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Ken, splints on both arms is miserable. I helped my mom after she broke both wrists in a fall on ice. She had two casts and couldn’t do anything for herself! Before that I hadn’t realized how not having the use of both hands and arms makes life extremely difficult.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=360shoes;7162642]I am going to tiny house on a friend's farmland. I can watch cows all day.

14054919_1157621654294964_1095903735013380534_n.jpg

My neighbors!
Old 04-15-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Budd... That's my view I dream of! I will golf cart for dogs. I hope your wrists heal quick. So you can pepper spray bad dog owners

Trachy...cookware is paramount. Everything else optional. Freedom is more important than stuff.

I am doing really well Just working way too hard. Too often.

xoxo