Notices

Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 4

Old 02-17-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 4

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-3-a-21.html (Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 3)

D
Old 02-17-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee!!!
Old 02-17-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WaterOx View Post
Seems like a lot of sadness going on the past week, myself included. Maybe it's a lot of pink clouds settling, maybe the promise of a new year turning into the grind, or maybe there is something in the air.

For anyone feeling so, you are not alone.

That said, I will not be eating any sugar tonight. Tomorrow may bring another result but for today I'm good
Good for you WaterOx- how are you feeling this morning?
I am a fan of astrology and I do believe there are a lot of planetary shifts taking place right now. Last week was a doozy! I am hoping this week will be a little less intense for all of us.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Day 4.
I haven't felt this good in ages. I can actually feel the difference now that I am also off the stevia, nuts and cheese. I went to my parents house last night with the boys and they usually pull out a big bowl of mixed nuts or pistachios and I didn't have the urge at all! I have added in some tuna a couple times this week and it's helping. But usually this doesn't last long as I start to feel bad about it morally. We will see what happens, taking it one day at a time.

About to do some art with my boys and then hopefully go to the gym when my husband wakes up. Then we have a friend visiting for the day.

Wishing you all a wonderful Sunday.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Morning Sunflower. Thanks for your reply. Enjoy the gym and time with your family.
Old 02-17-2019, 05:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

"My husband was up until about 4 this morning drinking and playing video games. He does this a lot. He has alcohol issues but is in total denial. I try to detach and not say anything to him but it scares me and makes me sad. He’s not healthy. We sleep in separate beds because of it. Not sure why I’m telling you all this. It’s just kind of weighing on me right now."

(((Sunflower))) ♥

I am glad you are talking about the stuff that is going on in your life....and you know we care.

My day got messed up yesterday....there was a bad accident very close and we lost power for a few hours. I wasn't supposed to be here, but my lovely husband took his kids bowling without me and I had planned to make dinner for everyone. I ended up wrapped in a blanket watching the birds for a while and just being quiet. To be honest, it was pretty awesome. I needed the silence.

Sunny love ~ I am SO glad you are feeling better.

I know we talked about tuna....I have moral issues as well....big time.....as I told you, I always used to throw the fish back when I went out with my dad and uncle....whenever I could..... but I need fish.....I eat almost no meat. I need to grow my protein base. Anyway.....hope today is a good day for you and all of us.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Venus. I’m glad you got some quiet time yesterday 💕
Old 02-17-2019, 12:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread, Dee.

Had peaceful and relaxing Sunday. My eating was good. Three good quality meals. Booked Yoga for tomorrow and Tuesday, also arranged a couple of get togethers with pals for coffee during the week.
Old 02-17-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are sites that can help you find the responsibly sourced brands Suze.
https://www.greenpeace.org/usa/oceans/tuna-guide/

D
Old 02-17-2019, 04:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee.... So appreciated. xx

I have done that...I only eat tuna from companies who follow all of the tuna-friendly protocols. I do it with chickens too....
Old 02-17-2019, 10:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning all, checking in for another day of addictive free, safe eating.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:46 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Morning everyone- Day 5 is about to begin.
I feel good and survived the company and Mexican take out in addition to several of my favorite desserts afterwards. Feeling good this morning, a little tired from a new supplement I am trying for my mood swings but I am able to get to the gym before work for a leg workout.

Thank you all for being here and for allowing me to express myself, even if I can get a little spastic at times. I have a very busy mind, I am learning- the hardest thing for me is to slow down and just listen without talking too much.

Wishing you all a wonderful Monday and week ahead
Old 02-18-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Good morning ☀️. My husband commented yesterday that he wants to get healthy and start working out with me. He usually makes these declarations when he’s hungover. I’ve heard it so many times but maybe today will be the day. It would be nice to be able to cheer each other on but I’m not going to hold my breath. Back to my eating plan today. Eating sugar was a bad idea.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
Good morning ☀️. My husband commented yesterday that he wants to get healthy and start working out with me. He usually makes these declarations when he’s hungover. I’ve heard it so many times but maybe today will be the day. It would be nice to be able to cheer each other on but I’m not going to hold my breath. Back to my eating plan today. Eating sugar was a bad idea.
Sorry to hear about your husbands drinking. Mine makes those declarations too! I used to when I drank. It never happened!

When I did quit, I did it very quietly with no fanfare or big declarations. Quitter friends said they were the same.

Please look after yourself. We deserve the best.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Had a few challenges today. I am pleased to be able to say I dealt with them firmly and with grace.

I did chuckle to myself, these issues a few years ago would have had me screaming and tantruming about how hopeless our medical services are! Today I just sorted the issues out and got a great result.

Pleased with my eating today. Bang on plan. Delicious food.

During Yoga some thoughts of a B&J binge floated through my mind, I let them keep floating. Didn't engage. They went.

After class, as a bit of fun, I nipped into a nice shop and bought myself some lovely new slippers as a treat with the money it would have cost for a food binge. They are very cute.
Old 02-18-2019, 10:20 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
I can understand not wanting to get your hopes up about it. Whatever will be will be, right?

Have a great Monday. Sugar is just not our friend.
Old 02-18-2019, 02:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

So where are the slippers....I really want to see them PW. xxxx
Old 02-18-2019, 09:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
So where are the slippers....I really want to see them PW. xxxx
Haha, hey thanks for asking. I don't know how to attach a pic of them so I will describe them.

Dark plum colour, mule style with cute cartoon owls on them!

I love cute clothes. Especially as I am at a healthy slim body weight so I do treat myself to lovely outfits. I also find dressing nicely really supports me not slipping into a food binge. If that makes any sense!

Hugs to you, Lee xxx
Old 02-18-2019, 09:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning fellows, awake early here.

Got plenty to do today. Amongst those things is eating a good solid Plan of Eating. I have my usual Tuesday Yoga class at noon, also the instructor added in an extra cheeky class first thing so I shall nip along to that. Such a blast. Then home for a while then nip back for noon class.

I am so very lucky that my gym is 5 mins from home. It is a fabulous place. Holistic and healing. Small and intimate too, which I very much like.

My Food Plan suiting me very well. I have to now stop myself from tinkering with it! I can't resist fiddling about. I end up sabotaging myself by changing what is working!

I am always looking for a Miracle Cure!! Always looking for something "better" yet it isnt better, it will just derail me and end up in a binge and remorse.

Note to self - leave it alone and just do it! Haha.

Have a great day everyone. xxx
Old 02-19-2019, 03:14 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning Lee- your yoga studio sounds lovely and how nice that it is so close to home! I can relate about always trying to find a "cure"- I feel like I do that with supplements and diets too. If it's not broken, don't fix it, right? Glad you have found something that works so well for you.
Have a great day