Notices

Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 4

Old 02-19-2019, 03:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

6:14 am

Feeling very emotional this morning. It could be a combination of things- hormones, the full moon and the fact that I haven't slept well in a couple of days. I keep waking up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep for an hour or so. I think I've been neglecting my electrolytes and that may be the problem (I've forgotten to take my magnesium 2 nights in a row now.)

One of my closests friends almost lost her husband last night - he had gastrointestinal bleeding and was admitted in the hospital- he actually had to be resuscitated. I dreamnt about going to meet her at the hospital and then spent an hour beating myself up in the middle of the night because I was not there for her in person. I texted her and she was in no way mad at me- she had her children there. But I couldn't let go of the fact that I wasn't there for some reason. Then I woke up and saw her text about how she saw his spirit leave his body and I have been in tears every since. I'm just a mess.

On top of all of that I am getting another cold- I was so lethargic at work yesterday and now I understand why.

I called my sponsor at the time we had designated on my drive home yesterday and she did not pick up. I did not however, leave a message but I assumed she has my name in her phone if she is going to work with me. Well she did not bother to call or text me back. So now I feel like I need to find someone else.

I am upset about this- it was a lot of work just to find her and I sort of feel abandoned. I am going to phone into the 7 am meeting this morning and hopefully there will be someone available (they list all available sponsors at the end of the meeting.) I think someone in my time zone may make things easier as she was 2 hours behind.

I wish you all a great day- it's day 6 I believe. I am seeing that my mindless snacking was really prevalent- it's like I just want something to put in my mouth as soon as I am in the kitchen and without cheese or nuts there isn't much left (I'll start keeping cut up celery in the fridge.) And I am also starting to think I have leptin resistance. I can eat a very filling keto meal and then 20 minutes later I feel "hungry" all over again. I think this is just going to take time to get used to. It doesn't happen at work, only at home where I am used to binging the most.

Thanks for listening...
Old 02-19-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Stayed on plan yesterday so feel good about that.
I ran into my old best friend whom I used to drink a lot with. I left wanting a drink so bad but God stepped in and helped me out. Another friend who had been sober for a while relapsed. I went over to her house to sit with her and it was so incredibly sad. My desire to drink was immediately lifted. It took an emotional toll on me though so I’m running on very little sleep. I’ll have to stay vigilant today so I don’t binge.
Old 02-19-2019, 04:48 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
I ran into my old best friend whom I used to drink a lot with. I left wanting a drink so bad but God stepped in and helped me out. Another friend who had been sober for a while relapsed. I went over to her house to sit with her and it was so incredibly sad. My desire to drink was immediately lifted. It took an emotional toll on me though so I’m running on very little sleep. I’ll have to stay vigilant today so I don’t binge.
Hey Sunflower- that's a lot of emotions in one day- you did great though, and I'm so glad your HP was there to guide you out of the cravings.

Do your best today to stay grounded- I know that lack of sleep and very much affect hunger cues. Can you eat a little extra fat or protein today (whichever helps you stay satiated?) Not sure if you are on a calorie restricted diet or not. Whatever you do, be gentle with yourself. Hopefully you can get to bed early tonight.
xoxo
Old 02-19-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That’s a great idea Sunflower. I’ll add some fat and protein today 💕
Old 02-19-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

So many sunflowers!

I hear you about your friend. I got some news from a friend that has messed me up pretty good, causing me to wonder what the F it really is all about. First time I've found thoughts about beer and wine creeping in, in all of these 6 weeks of sobriety. Not to worry, not going there.

Haven't really caved much in the sugar department, thankfully. In fact I'm cutting coffee down to 50% as of yesterday. It will be to 25% by the weekend and then no caffeine for at least a week. This also cuts out one of my major sources of sugar since I have one heaping tablespoon of sugar per cup. haha

But the overall objective is to see if this helps my sleep and gets rid of the palpitations I've been having.

Be well, my friends. I'm glad to be here with you.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Look at these...so cute....

Old 02-19-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulWater12 View Post
Haha, hey thanks for asking. I don't know how to attach a pic of them so I will describe them.

Dark plum colour, mule style with cute cartoon owls on them!

I love cute clothes. Especially as I am at a healthy slim body weight so I do treat myself to lovely outfits. I also find dressing nicely really supports me not slipping into a food binge. If that makes any sense!

Hugs to you, Lee xxx
Yes dear Lee, it sure makes sense to me, and I am so looking forward to getting into the lovely clothes I bought myself....not far to go now....I don't use scales, so I would guess I am almost a 6 again but nowhere near my normal 4 yet.....sorry if this is not cool to say.... I know lots of people find these things to be triggers.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflower79 View Post
Gosh.....so sad and yes, I feel God's hand in that as well.
With you all the way honey....sending big hugs and lots of love.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WaterOx View Post
So many sunflowers!

I hear you about your friend. I got some news from a friend that has messed me up pretty good, causing me to wonder what the F it really is all about. First time I've found thoughts about beer and wine creeping in, in all of these 6 weeks of sobriety. Not to worry, not going there.

Haven't really caved much in the sugar department, thankfully. In fact I'm cutting coffee down to 50% as of yesterday. It will be to 25% by the weekend and then no caffeine for at least a week. This also cuts out one of my major sources of sugar since I have one heaping tablespoon of sugar per cup. haha

But the overall objective is to see if this helps my sleep and gets rid of the palpitations I've been having.

Be well, my friends. I'm glad to be here with you.
Geez, have we collectively had a tough week or what? Man.....my sister disowned me in the most horrible way on Monday, so that's me....and we have all had so much emotional stuff.

Sending you love too dear WaterOx.

Sunny darling.....I have an idea....the part about needing to put something in your mouth.....well.....long-story short, cos this is about drinking as well as binge-eating for me......I ALWAYS have a glass of water, either cold or hot going.....while I am in the kitchen. Always.

I was amazed to discover how often I thought I was hungry when I was actually thirsty. I am pretty much always thirsty.....not a health issue, more a psychological one.

Sending massive love to you too. xx ♥♥

PS....yes.....get another sponsor.....that is not even a little bit cool that she didn't call you back, not unless there was an emergency.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hello sugar ekekkeke had a chocolate shake that put me over the top.. felt like I wanted to push the car around the state. ekekkek. yep 69 years old never a problem with sugar before and now we will watch it careful.. ekkekkeke Thank you aging.... hahhahahah
Old 02-19-2019, 07:06 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

(((ardy))) ♥

No pushing cars for you young lady!!
Hope today is a good one love.
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Venuscat have to give you a call need some good news.. wow love the owl slippers. hahahahh my cat Shadow would have a ball with them.. hugs ardy
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes dear Lee, it sure makes sense to me, and I am so looking forward to getting into the lovely clothes I bought myself....not far to go now....I don't use scales, so I would guess I am almost a 6 again but nowhere near my normal 4 yet.....sorry if this is not cool to say.... I know lots of people find these things to be triggers.
Hi, what cute slippers. Mine are similar-ish. I weigh in. I enjoy it so don't worry it isn't a trigger.

I am uk size 12. No idea what that is in USA sizes.

I weigh precisely 10 stone, which is 140 lbs. I am 5'5" tall. Doing my yoga, pilates etc has made me very lean and defined muscles looking.

I have been way lower and way higher in weight, this feels perfect for me. I will work to maintain it for life!

Funnily enough at gym this morning, we were comparing pics on our phones. I dug out pics of me at my biggest. 13st 6lbs which is 188 pounds. The ladies couldn't believe it was me. Said it looked like my grandmother!! Haha!

Yoga was absolutely blissful.

I am excited for you for when you reach the weight you are comfortable at.

I don't think it matters what people weigh as long as they are comfortable and confident in their own skin. I was certainly neither of those things are 188lbs!!

Cheers, Lee xx
Old 02-19-2019, 07:11 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Oh....well I am an Aussie.....so easey peasey.
Aussie/UK size 8/10....and I totally agree it is ALL about being comfortable in your own skin and confident.....and yeah.....at 200 pounds I was neither of these things.

I am not into yoga....as in not even a little bit....I can't do group exercise (allergic to all of the perfumes and stuff) and I find it too boring on my own.....but....I have a fantastic treadmill that is not being used. That needs to change today.

!!!!!
Old 02-19-2019, 07:12 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Also....I have a lipper addiction.....muk luks. I think I have about 5 or 6 pairs....
Old 02-19-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Oh....well I am an Aussie.....so easey peasey.
Aussie/UK size 8/10....and I totally agree it is ALL about being comfortable in your own skin and confident.....and yeah.....at 200 pounds I was neither of these things.

I am not into yoga....as in not even a little bit....I can't do group exercise (allergic to all of the perfumes and stuff) and I find it too boring on my own.....but....I have a fantastic treadmill that is not being used. That needs to change today.

!!!!!
Haha, go for it! Get that treadmill going!
Old 02-19-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Also....I have a lipper addiction.....muk luks. I think I have about 5 or 6 pairs....
I don't know that brand. Muk Luks. I just looked it up. Oh my goodness, they are lovely.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I may have to get another pair....I want these ones.

and lippers...he he...

Slippers...of course xx
Old 02-19-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I may have to get another pair....I want these ones.

and lippers...he he...

Slippers...of course xx
Wow, I am in love. They are gorgeous. xx
Old 02-19-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Geez, have we collectively had a tough week or what? Man.....my sister disowned me in the most horrible way on Monday, so that's me....and we have all had so much emotional stuff.

Sending you love too dear WaterOx.

Sunny darling.....I have an idea....the part about needing to put something in your mouth.....well.....long-story short, cos this is about drinking as well as binge-eating for me......I ALWAYS have a glass of water, either cold or hot going.....while I am in the kitchen. Always.

I was amazed to discover how often I thought I was hungry when I was actually thirsty. I am pretty much always thirsty.....not a health issue, more a psychological one.

Sending massive love to you too. xx ♥♥

PS....yes.....get another sponsor.....that is not even a little bit cool that she didn't call you back, not unless there was an emergency.
Thank you- I was hoping you would give me your opinion about the sponsor . I have the feeling she took me on because I emailed her and she didn’t want to say “no” but that she does not have the actual time for me.
It stinks that I have to find someone new. I am 100% certain we will have a snow day tomorrow but I’ll have to find a way to put on a phone meeting in the background so I can hear available sponsors.

I am a huge water drinker just like you. This is more of a matter of my body not getting the signal that I have eaten. I need to SLOW down when I eat and just let my body heal. 15 years of binge eating has taken its toll on me. My hormones just need to reset.

Hope everyone is having a good day. My cold has me feeling really spaced out but I am hanging in there.