Notices

Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 2

Old 02-19-2019, 01:39 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

OK Class, I have a very important question.

How do you clean windows without leaving streaks.

I tried the window cleaner and newspaper trick but the ink from the newspaper left streaks.

Any true and tried methods that work for you?

Sorry to be off topic but I think we need have a social chat once in a while, but that's my dilemma for today

Ps starting Day 7 today
Old 02-19-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Evoo View Post
Your mind is capable of so much more. Do you play video games?
I rediscovered my PS4 after quitting. It was the best thing ever! I would look forward to coming home to that the same way (well, not quite the same) as I would alcohol
Old 02-19-2019, 02:02 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lastchance77 View Post
I rediscovered my PS4 after quitting. It was the best thing ever! I would look forward to coming home to that the same way (well, not quite the same) as I would alcohol
It's funny, yeah, I hadn't played video games in years -- but when I quit drinking the first time I picked up a copy of Skyrim and tore through it for 3 months sober.

Now I have a PS4 VR... but I don't get to play it (ever) with a newborn .
Old 02-19-2019, 02:13 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JamesSquire View Post

I tried the window cleaner and newspaper trick but the ink from the newspaper left streaks.

Sorry to be off topic but I think we need have a social chat once in a while, but that's my dilemma for today

Ps starting Day 7 today
Ha! I’d like to know the secret too.
i use paper towel with the glass spray, but it’s not perfect either.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:22 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

It's funny, yeah, I hadn't played video games in years -- but when I quit drinking the first time I picked up a copy of Skyrim and tore through it for 3 months sober.

Now I have a PS4 VR... but I don't get to play it (ever) with a newborn .
I had a friend who said he played so much, the only showers he had were under a waterfall in Skyrim!

My daughter is 7 now so I get time to play in evenings. She even hangs with me sometimes while I play
Old 02-19-2019, 02:36 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Ps starting Day 7 today
Originally Posted by Liveher View Post

Ha! I’d like to know the secret too.
i use paper towel with the glass spray, but it’s not perfect either.
i ignore them.......then my husband gets tired of looking at them and cleans them. lol
Old 02-19-2019, 02:55 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FoieGras View Post

i ignore them.......then my husband gets tired of looking at them and cleans them. lol
Does he leave streaks?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thanks, Liveher. I'm feeling pretty good, actually! I went grocery shopping and bought healthier foods than the heavy-spicy-cheesy "foods to drink with" I was eating every night. Baked some yummy honey cornbread muffins
Old 02-19-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Ps starting Day 7 today
I use white vinegar and newspaper and it works a treat..
My aunty has something called a karcher that works wonders, it's like a window vax.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Drinking alone

I've noticed there seems to be 2 main types of drinkers. Those who go out and drink and those who prefer to be alone. I'm definitely from the latter category. Preferably alone, and if not, sneaking and hiding drinks. My absolute favourite place to be was on the couch, by myself, drinking to oblivion. Whatever I happened to be doing whilst drinking became enjoyable (gaming, movies, on phone etc). I now realise it was the association with these activities and drinking, rather than how much fun the activity by itself.

I'm just curious about any of you who were the 'alone' drinkers, and what you think it is about preferring to be isolated while drinking. Maybe not having the added stress of hiding it? I don't know, juts curious
Old 02-19-2019, 05:50 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Ps starting Day 7 today
I have found foam window cleaner to be the best for not streaking. Probably not very environmentally friendly but I too do not like streaks and I want it done in 2 minutes or less.
Old 02-19-2019, 05:59 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lastchance77 View Post
I've noticed there seems to be 2 main types of drinkers. Those who go out and drink and those who prefer to be alone. I'm definitely from the latter category. Preferably alone, and if not, sneaking and hiding drinks. My absolute favourite place to be was on the couch, by myself, drinking to oblivion. Whatever I happened to be doing whilst drinking became enjoyable (gaming, movies, on phone etc). I now realise it was the association with these activities and drinking, rather than how much fun the activity by itself.

I'm just curious about any of you who were the 'alone' drinkers, and what you think it is about preferring to be isolated while drinking. Maybe not having the added stress of hiding it? I don't know, juts curious
I was a well rounded drinker. I used to drink socially but that changed after my last relapse. This last one was all about the home alone. I liked the isolation for many reasons. I got to hide it. I didn't have to share any of it. I spent less money on it at home so ie more I could afford to buy. Talking would have just slowed down swallowing time. I didn't have to worry about a DUI even though falling getting to my bed was proving to be just as dangerous too. Did I mention I didn't have to take any sh*t about it if no one saw it???
Old 02-19-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
I was a well rounded drinker. I used to drink socially but that changed after my last relapse. This last one was all about the home alone. I liked the isolation for many reasons. I got to hide it. I didn't have to share any of it. I spent less money on it at home so ie more I could afford to buy. Talking would have just slowed down swallowing time. I didn't have to worry about a DUI even though falling getting to my bed was proving to be just as dangerous too. Did I mention I didn't have to take any sh*t about it if no one saw it???
Can definitely relate to those reasons. I was hard with a wife and kid, but I got dangerously good at it
Old 02-19-2019, 06:18 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I liked to do both, drink out and alone. As a drinker, my personality becomes more withdrawn and isolating. Sobriety opens up a whole new world where I'm more outgoing, positive and excited to live life!
Old 02-19-2019, 06:25 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

As you know, it passes.

Curious after 9 years sober, what was your trigger for relapse? It's mostly selfish asking, I really want to avoid that.
Not really any trigger. I just decided to drink. I am single with no kids so I can do whatever I like whenever I like with whoever I like. I knew there was a 98% chance it would turn out not good. I just didn't care. Unfortunately, it was more a 100% soul sucking self hating slow painful death experience. I never was physically addicted before. Mental obsession yes. But not physical...till this time. It's true. Keep drinking and sooner or later it will do it to you. That's a real eye opener.
Old 02-19-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just a quick check in on day 15 to say hello. I went to lunch and shopping with my daughter all day. I was still tired but feel a little better today so that’s good! I need to catch up on the posts!

I went to an AMAZING meeting last night with my AA friend. It was a speaker meeting and was such an amazing story of hope & recovery!
Old 02-19-2019, 06:34 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

We are a sneaky lot aren't we Lastchance? Dangerous is right.

I am so much more fun and outgoing sober too JimiC!! I'm looking forward to getting out of my sweatpants and doing something soberly fun!

Anyone a GOT fan?? Not that I don't like cleaning tips. Let me know if anyone finds a way that it can get done without me doing it.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:04 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 360shoes View Post
a 100% soul sucking self hating slow painful death experience.
And we used to pay for the privilege
Old 02-19-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Does he leave streaks?
TBH, I don’t notice. I’m a horrible housekeeper.

Old 02-19-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Shoes

Vinegar is sposed to be good JS. I have (well-paid) people who do my windows for me.

https://www.greatdayimprovements.com...h-vinegar.aspx

D