Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 418

Old 11-16-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
Had a very serious drinking dream last night. I was sitting at a table staring at a glass of red wine and I wanted to drink it but I kept thinking, 'no! Don't do it. If you do it, you'll throw away 2 years of sobriety.' So, I just sat there looking at the wine. And then I woke up. I'm even not drinking in my drinking dreams now!! Congratulations Sunflower79, Gilmer and Purpleknight - incredible milestones. Hope everyone is ok and having a great day. 24 more for me please xxx

Oh, yes... I remember what I was going to say. I was sitting at my desk earlier and was chatting to this guy who had come in for a meeting. He was telling me that last weekend, he got to the airport late, missed a flight and it had cost him a load of money. I said, 'Oh no! Did you feel really angry with yourself?' He looked confused and said, 'No. Would that have helped?' Really made me think. Love to everyone xxxx

I had the same thing last night! Dreamt that I was drinking and in my dream I was trying to figure out if I had lost my sobriety or not- it was awful! It was almost a dream within a dream.

So glad it wasn't real, for both of us. Have a great day- that guy spoke some wise words- resentment, anger and self loathing don't help a thing!
Old 11-16-2018, 06:17 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I had the same thing last night! Dreamt that I was drinking and in my dream I was trying to figure out if I had lost my sobriety or not- it was awful! It was almost a dream within a dream.

So glad it wasn't real, for both of us. Have a great day- that guy spoke some wise words- resentment, anger and self loathing don't help a thing!
How funny that we both had similar kinds of dreams!! I thought about you the other day. I was feeling really anxious about my kid getting bullied and suddenly I felt really, really calm. I thought, 'I wonder if Sunflowerlife just sent me some reiki'. I know you probably didn't but just that moment of thinking of you and remembering that there are people like you in the world made me feel much happier. Hope you have a lovely day xxx

Hey, has anyone heard from Jo? I don't remember seeing her on the thread for a few days. Hello Jo!! Hope you are ok xxxx
Old 11-16-2018, 07:16 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

one day

badge
Old 11-16-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Yes one day. In for the snow storm.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:38 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Always glad to be a part of the 24 thread! It has given me strength since DAY ONE!!!!!! And two years is right around the corner. Thank You All!

Congrats to the Milestoners!

24 More is the Plan of the Day!!
Old 11-16-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I'd like to share this song with you. I find it helps if I'm ever feeling low and tired of this ongoing battle we're all in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdcN4BRpmGI
Old 11-16-2018, 08:16 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Thanks Tynesider
Old 11-16-2018, 09:00 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please
Old 11-16-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kenton View Post
How funny that we both had similar kinds of dreams!! I thought about you the other day. I was feeling really anxious about my kid getting bullied and suddenly I felt really, really calm. I thought, 'I wonder if Sunflowerlife just sent me some reiki'. I know you probably didn't but just that moment of thinking of you and remembering that there are people like you in the world made me feel much happier. Hope you have a lovely day xxx

Hey, has anyone heard from Jo? I don't remember seeing her on the thread for a few days. Hello Jo!! Hope you are ok xxxx
Aw...I'm glad I popped into your head Kenton.
And those are really sweet words to say, you are a pretty special person too, that makes this world a better place!
I'm sorry to hear about the bullying- I must have missed that. I hope things get better from here on out..
Old 11-16-2018, 10:28 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Good morning and no Sunny love, I didn't hear the message....my fault....it has been a very crazy week getting medical results and working out documentation we need for the immigration interview next Monday. Lots of i's to dot and t's to cross....time-consuming and very stressful to be honest. Both Nick and I have had an exhausting few days....of course it is all my fault.....I am so organised usually, but I let the medical part of this frighten me so badly that I wasn't on top of the other requirements, well not fully.

So now we have to take some photos (we need more to take on Monday) and my jaw is swollen twice the size it should be on the left....my TMJ flared up like crazy over the past week or so.

Thus I am cranky and haven't listened to messages. Sorry love....I did receive the loveliest photo I have ever seen.... I will check my phone and call.

Sending love and massive hugs. ♥♥
Hey sweetie- no, it wasn't a phone message, just the pm with the photo

I'm sorry you are under so much pressure right now. I totally understand being cranky - I would be too. Keep the light at the end of the tunnel in your mind and you'll get there. It's going to be okay- breathe into it.

"I feel stressed, and I am the LIGHT"
"I feel overwhelmed, and I am the LIGHT"
"I feel anxious, and I am the LIGHT"
"I feel cranky, and I am the LIGHT"

You are the LIGHT! You will get through this, no matter what...
love you!
Old 11-16-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Cheers for the Congrats Venuscat!!

There's something inside us all . . . so very strong . . . never forget it everyone . . .

Old 11-16-2018, 11:50 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Good evening sweethearts. Sorry I missed a day or 2 I've been seriously busy and mother dearest is staying with me for 4 nights. She likes to get her Christmas shopping done early and leave it all at mine. So far so good we are getting along okay albeit in a slightly distanced way. I can never be myself with her and to be honest for the sake of calmness I can live with it. I will take these few days as they come and know inside that I have you all on my pocket and in my heart. I was thinking today (whilst queuing for some shopping) how absolutely lucky and grateful I am to have found SR. Found you all. It's pretty mind blowing this little community of ours.
24 more please with lots of love ❤❤❤
Old 11-16-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Count me in, please. Congrats to our Milestoners!

. . .

Love to all.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:13 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Hullo Gang!
It's an ongoing issue----ODAAT, JFT, KOT...keep on track, it's worth it.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Good evening sweethearts. Sorry I missed a day or 2 I've been seriously busy and mother dearest is staying with me for 4 nights. She likes to get her Christmas shopping done early and leave it all at mine. So far so good we are getting along okay albeit in a slightly distanced way. I can never be myself with her and to be honest for the sake of calmness I can live with it. I will take these few days as they come and know inside that I have you all on my pocket and in my heart. I was thinking today (whilst queuing for some shopping) how absolutely lucky and grateful I am to have found SR. Found you all. It's pretty mind blowing this little community of ours.
Your Mums shopping idea is smart, like being well prepared not to take that first drink.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:24 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Your Mums shopping idea is smart, like being well prepared not to take that first drink.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:26 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Your Mums shopping idea is smart, like being well prepared not to take that first drink. err Alzheimers extra?
Old 11-16-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Congratulations Sunflower79, Gilmer and Purpleknight! You’re so inspiring ❤️
Another 24 for me please
Old 11-16-2018, 01:27 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleKnight View Post
Cheers for the Congrats Venuscat!!

There's something inside us all . . . so very strong . . . never forget it everyone . . .

Congrats again dear Purps......love you heaps.....
We have been on this journey for a long time together now.....very honoured to be walking with you.