Quit 4/17/15

In for another 24 please at 6:27 am.

Have a good day all!
Old 11-15-2018, 03:30 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

In for another 24
Old 11-15-2018, 03:35 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 6:35am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!!
Old 11-15-2018, 03:36 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 5:37 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:40 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Here for 24.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Is this where we go to get 24? I'll take it!
Old 11-15-2018, 04:42 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Checking in for another sober day
Old 11-15-2018, 04:55 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

24 hours sober please.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

24 more for me.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

5:28 am in California and checking in for another 24. Today is my last workday until the Monday after Thanksgiving, bring on the family time!!

Congrats to all celebrating a milestone today.

❤️Delilah
Old 11-15-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
CK
Neoo!
Old 11-15-2018, 05:46 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Checking in at 8:46 am from Ashburn, VA, USA.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:49 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

One day

badge
Old 11-15-2018, 07:06 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jack16 View Post
Committing to 24 x
Oh love, I have MISSED you.....so so so so glad you are back with us.
Sending MASSIVE hugs. ♥♥
Old 11-15-2018, 07:10 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Good morning beautiful souls

My grandson Mason will be 5 in beginning of Dec. he is in foster home at the moment I talk to his case worker yesterday because he is supposed to go to my ex his gramma the same woman who give him away few months back my daughter his mom is no near ready to be. A mom to him I being worry about him. For the past few days I being feeling guilty of me not taken responsibility of him but this morning I decided that I can’t I already raise 6 kids 2 of my own adopted one when my ex cheated and became pregnant plus another of her a boy that he choose me to be his dad plus 2 more of my second marriage , I don’t want to feel bad or guilty about because I don’t want to be resentful to him or my daughter is I take him in I’m an alcoholic and I know what resentment can do to me, the best I can do is be in his life pick him up for a sleepover and hope the best for him that God will be in his life guiding him.
I lost work yesterday and today just by thinking about it now I hope that God is guiding me to take the right decisions for it.

Please give me another 24 hrs of freedom from alcohol freedom from drugs and freedom from self
Sending so much love dear Eric....you are such a wonderful man, and I know how much that little boy will benefit from having you in his life in whatever way you can. Sending prayers for peace for you over this love. ♥♥
Old 11-15-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=BarbieKen;7055558]
Originally Posted by BuddinK View Post
I was one of the originals of this thread from over 5 years ago! Original start of this thread was April 5, 2013!

Hi BuddinK,
Yes, I remember the beginning of this thread too. "Strategy" did a fine job of bringing it together, if I recall correctly. I wish she'd come back ....if you're out there Strat, please come on home. ��
Bobbi

And checking in for my next 24 ....
It was Deeks.....all the way with awesome support from Dee.....she brought magic. And then courage, and then strat and now it is all of us together with some hopefully pretty lists from me....

Awesome huh? I don't know if I would be sober without this thread and all of you.....
Old 11-15-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Thank you Dee for saying you are proud of me! Makes me ridiculously happy. Thank you xxx

Been an emotional couple of days. As I mentioned yesterday, my 9 year old daughter is being bullied at school and I thought I'd got the situation sorted out but sadly it escalated. Sounds like the teacher dealt with it really badly yesterday. Now, I know I'm going to be 100% on my daughter's side and I know the other kid's mother is going to be 100% on her daughter's side which is why I raised the issue with the teacher... you need someone neutral to get to the truth. However, bearing in mind my daughter has never been in trouble at school and has never had any friendship issues and the other girl has been bullying kids for years, I hoped the teacher might use some common sense. Not so. After being so brave by telling me about the bullying and then being even braver in allowing me to speak to the teacher, my daughter was then completely disbelieved by the teacher. The teacher, for reasons known only to herself, chose to side with the bully. The bully then started crying and saying that my daughter has been bullying her! I was so angry and then last night I got a drunk phone call from the bully's mother ranting and swearing and generally being unpleasant.

So, I didn't sleep very much last night and I set everything out in an email to the head teacher. This morning, I reassured my daughter that I believe her 100% and that the truth always comes out. And it has done. The headmaster called me earlier to say that he had conducted a full investigation and spoken to several eye witnesses who all confirmed my daughter's version of events. Thank goodness my child will now be believed.

And this incident has taught me two things that are great about sobriety. Firstly, I'm so much better now at seeing the big picture and not getting bogged down by unnecessary nonsense. When the mother was ranting at me on the phone last night, she was saying some hurtful things but I didn't get pulled into a slanging match. I just kept thinking, 'I am standing up for my daughter. That is all that matters. My daughter needs to know that I believe her and I am in her corner and that I'm prepared to put myself in the line of fire for her'. Secondly, sobriety has given me the ability to bounce back from stuff so much quicker that before. I was so emotionally churned up last night but now I feel ok. I've dealt with it without losing my temper (even though I came close) and the truth has come out. My daughter has learnt that when you stand up to a bully, there is always a bit of drama but that doesn't mean you don't stand up for yourself. I very much doubt this will be the end of this story but whatever happens next, I'll deal with it. I know I can deal with it.

Congratulations to everyone celebrating a milestone today and 24 more for me please xxx