Notices

One Year & Over Part 63

Old 09-26-2018, 12:22 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Magsie

I know just what you mean, Kathy! I felt the same way when listening to Fbl.

Fbl, I think Tom Hanks sounds like you, do you know if you’re from a similar area of USA?

Thanks Sassy and itchy.

Sorry about the moan earlier, I should’ve realised, but my peak flow was lower than it should be so I followed instructions from respiratory nurse and started my ‘rescue’ predisolone steroids. I’m hoping to get in to see the doc tomorrow, Thursday, to get checked out.

Hope I’m ok for Friday, as I promised to help out at a Macmillan coffee morning.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:09 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Feel better soon Mags.

FBL, I've downloaded the podcast but not yet had chance to listen to it as I've been busy getting the house and garden back into shape having been away for a month. Still plenty to do but as today and tomorrow are windy, I'm leaving the leaf sweeping til Friday! We have a viewing Monday so cross everything folks !

IP great to see a post from you

Ditto you Wolfie, I've missed you my friend
Old 09-26-2018, 03:41 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mags I empathise

I just do what I can - some days thats a lot, and some days its not.

D
Old 09-26-2018, 07:38 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks toots and Dee, I understand, but its just my stubborn brain telling my body to do more! I’m more relaxed today, just had a blip yesterday.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:57 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FBL,
Excellent podcast. My wife who still drinks listened to half before we were both interrupted by realtors with new listings. We'll pick it up tomorrow. You're doing a lot of good. Hats off to you.

Mags, glad you are coping better.

I know that overwhelmed feeling. It's called a full life. The key is what it is full of.

We ordered a set of stainless steel straws, four straight four bent, and they came with cleaning brushes, like miniature bottle brushes. First baby step to clean up the plastic killing too many fish in the oceans.

Humankind - be both!
Old 09-26-2018, 11:31 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

We had a fun day working in the sunshine yesterday. Food shopping and yard work today. I have borrowed my Dad's garden vac for the leaves.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-27-2018, 01:34 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Back to art school today.
Even I have to admit I am improving. Also - I am feeling more connected to the people and the place. My last 3y really have been on introspection, analyzing my moods- keeping quiet and doing my own thing with no real sense of community. Perhaps a change.
No migraine- 10day cycle broken- anti-h's...linked with serious hay fever methinks. I moved here at the tail end of summer- and all the perfumed spores are out in force.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:36 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm glad that the antihistamines are giving you some relief, PJ. I'm also glad that you've given yourself time to transition into the new place, new metier, new school, new people, and new community.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Love all the progress you're making, PJ! So proud of you.

My work projects are humming along nicely. No deadline pressures yet, which is nice.

Have a Thunderous Thursday, overs!
Old 09-27-2018, 04:29 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Have a good Thursday, Overs!
Old 09-27-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Awesome podcast FBL! It was quite inspiring for me and I am sure for all the folks whom will be listening to it this week.

Happy belated IP! Glad you are enjoying classes and have found someone.

Gilmer, this is the first summer that I can remember that I had to mow the lawn throughout the entire season. In fact, I struggled finding dry enough days to get the cutting done for most of the year.

Itchy, my wife just got the metal straws and the tiny brush to clean them. Definitely saves on the boxes of plastic straws.

Have a good day all!
Old 09-27-2018, 07:29 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Metal straws remind me of bombillas of Yerba Mate!
Old 09-27-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, it’s Friday!

Hubby has received a letter about taking redundancy at work! He’s thinking about it! if he applies it doesn’t mean he is guaranteed to get it. They’ve cut his dept staff numbers down that slim they’ll either close dept or say no. There’s no ‘cross-matching’ jobs this bout of redundancies.

I’m helping out at the Macmillan coffee morning, this morning. I didn’t bake anything, I’m out of practice, maybe a new hobby to pick up in the retirement days, me thinks, but I did go overboard with the cakes!

PJ, I’m pleased you’re back on form! And the migraine has passed.

Have a good day, my friends.
Old 09-27-2018, 11:26 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

PJ it's good to hear you are finding a comfortable groove.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:03 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Morning all, a cold start in Tootsville a crisp autumnal day with lots of sunshine to start us off. A good day for the leaf sweeping jobs I have ahead of me!

FBL, how is Mrs Boss doing? (My memory for names is getting abysmal)

Glad the migraine's eased Peej and you are settling in to your new world

Mags what would you do with hubby hanging around the house all the time?
Is there a 'men's shed' near you? We have one in Dundee and it has been great for retired guys, given them a new lease of life!

Off to hair dressers first thing, then back home to sweep those leaves up!
Old 09-28-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Originally Posted by tootsl1 View Post
FBL, how is Mrs Boss doing? (My memory for names is getting abysmal)
Fran is doing about as well as can be expected. She remains paralyzed from the waist down, but her mind is sharp and her spirits are generally good. She's getting physical therapy twice per week. Thanks for asking.

Have a Fabulous Friday, overs!
Old 09-28-2018, 03:31 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

FBL, somehow I missed that Fran is partly paralyzed. Good that her mind is sharp and her spirits are not too bad.

Have a happy POETS Day, Overs. They seem to come around every day or two now
Old 09-28-2018, 02:27 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Magsie

Toots, I’ve never heard of the men’s shed association, just looked it up and will mention it to him, thanks!

Sassy. Time passes really fast nowadays! Lol.

Had a good time this morning at the Macmillan coffee morning. A good turnout and we collected a few hundred pounds for the charity. Plenty of gorgeous cakes was donated and then sold with a cuppa , if they wished. Quite a few bought an assortment of cakes to take back to their work colleagues.
Old 09-28-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Overs!
Wonderful wet weather and more this weekend here. Finally cooling off! 73° @ 5:00 pm. I can't believe the grass growing again like it's spring.

PJ,
Congrats on another transition. Glad your migraine is gone too.

Star,
Yeah, were all doing our part to not exacerbate the ocean and land pollution. We ordered ours from China very cheap, but sloooow! Average ten days to 30 days wait for them to arrive from China so like a surprise gift when they come in. We are the opposite, too dry all summer, then more rain than we had all year!

Mags,
I take it there is more to redundancies than our layoff term here. I hope it goes as you guys want!

Gil!
I started drinking Yerba Mate about a year ago. Guayaki Yerba Mate Traditional Tea, loved it but they stopped carrying it. Found them at another store and got the 75 bag container. Then saw an ad for the bombilla and mate gourd with the silver rim and just got it last week. I watched a video on how to "cure" a new Mate gourd. I've yet to do it because it is new and I want to research and be sure mine's cured right. Here's the best guy on youtube who teaches Mate types and how to's:

I'll try traditional loose in the mate and sip with my bombilla. Do you drink Yerba mate?

Toots,
I had no idea what you were talking about, so looked it up:
https://menssheds.org.uk/about/what-is-a-mens-shed/
I wish they had those Seenager centers here!

FBL,
Thanks for the report on Fran. Pass along our best wishes.

Sassy, (tips Stetson)

Mags,
Eating all that cake would cause a group to collect a few hundred pounds, hopefully not all on one person:

I'm getting into the Dalai Lama's quotes as above.

Overs!
Old 09-28-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Itch, I drank Yerba Mate loose, complete with bombilla, about 15 years ago for a couple of years. Then I just got tired of the nuisance of it--any effects it may have had were not significant enough for me to continue.

Now I'm just a coffee and ginger tea junkie!