Notices

Class of September 2018 Part One

Old 09-12-2018, 04:36 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Last night the cravings were bad! Thankfully no alcohol in the house.
Day 10.
Happy sober day to all you good people!
Old 09-12-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Good morning Sept group!

I'm feeling really positive about making a new plan, starting with an alcohol free sober weekend getaway...I think boredom sets in and I turn to wine as a form of self entertaining. Not this time...

I also told my family that I will be avoiding all stressors when I visit again. that means not visiting my brother (who drinks and smokes a lot of weed)...these are obvious triggers.

I'm going on the trip to help my parent, not to party. If I can get through this trip, and stay sober, I know I can finally beat this thing. I will be staying close to SR...thanks everyone!! WF
Old 09-12-2018, 06:57 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

[If I can get through this trip, and stay sober, I know I can finally beat this thing. ]

“You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” (Eleanor Roosevelt).
Old 09-12-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Thanks Lulu....that post was perfect for me this morning.

I can and I will do it!!!!

Old 09-12-2018, 07:13 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Day 7. Feeling groggy, but probably due to Benadryl before bedtime. I've got to switch back to Claritan D (ran out of it) or Nasonex. Looks as if everyone is getting back on track. Yinzer day 10! WF day 1 :-) -- BumB day 3 glad it's been good. Michael, we are at 1 week. LHW - safe travels. And everyone else! Going to new caregiving client today and it's an older male. I usually say only females, so I've got some anxiety. My booze gut is hard to look at...it's never been this bad. I'm on a mission tho....and I am determined to shed these extra lbs and tone-it-up. As of today, it's as if I'm carrying 2 gallons of milk around.
Old 09-12-2018, 08:41 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Phew. Just catching the train home at the end of the day. I was glad I took the extra precaution of taking no money or cash machine card today. I finished what I needed to do by lunchtime. I would normally then 'reward' (poison) myself for doing a couple of days of hard work. And today I was somewhere where they also have a bar. But with no money and no cash machine card, temptation was kept away. I've spent the afternoon doing some studying.

I knew today would be the hardest day of the week, but I feel more relieved than pleased to know day 7 is now pretty much in the bag.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going here guys

looking for some other check ins tho - hows everyone else doing?

D
Old 09-12-2018, 04:58 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=I've been out for a 23 mile offroad bike ride.
Tomorrow, I really can't drink as I've organised a 30 mile ride with an ex-workmate on Friday. Sunday, I'm meeting my brother and 3 workmates to do an organised 35 mile ride.]

Excellent! I used to ride everyday 25 miles along the beach and another route was up to Griffith Park and back (all up hill to GP). After a few more workouts getting my legs stronger, I'm getting my bike out. Lots of hills here, so I need to build a little more muscle before I go out.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Went to the new male client today and it went good. Saw another lady after that and always enjoy seeing her. Came home and did a 20 HIIT workout, which was intense. My stomach is so bloated it hurts. Anyone else experiencing bloat? I cannot remember if I had this much bloat the last 2 times. Feeling better today than day 1-6.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:36 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  
Administrator

glad you're feeling better Lulu

D
Old 09-12-2018, 06:02 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

I would like to join the September class. Need the extra support.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Welcome Finalround...
Old 09-12-2018, 08:03 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
Welcome!! We are all here to support one another...how are you doing today?
Old 09-12-2018, 09:08 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard final round.

D
Old 09-13-2018, 12:29 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Finalround View Post
Glad to have you onboard!

How are you?
Old 09-13-2018, 12:44 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Well, I had the first decent sober nights sleep that I've had in a very long time last night (I'm generally experiencing insomnia at the moment, but last night was good).

Bumboid - I probably slept well because just reading about your exercise made me feel tired.

Lulu - sorry about the bloating, but glad you're generally feeling better. It takes a while doesn't it?

LoveHateWhine and Wildflower - sounds like things are OK with you both?

Yinzer - well done on day 10. You're ahead of me. When I crave it's always afternoon. The advantage of that is by evening I am OK (so why I don't remind myself of that more and let the cravings pass I don't know). The disadvantage is if I give in there's a lot of drinking hours left in the day!

Midton, AllIsHope, ReadyAtLast, StartAnew, TeeJayVerm, mkvan, opalblue, Panacea, TheLight, Juno, Red78. We're missing you guys! Whether you're having a good time or are struggling, remember you're always welcome here.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:34 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Back from my trip and so glad to be home. As I expected, there were the usual airport delays due to the hurricane and people trying to get out of South Carolina. I hope everyone who is in that area is safe and out of harm's way.

Had to deal with a very rude lady sitting next to me on the plane - she got mad because I used a Clorox wipe to wipe down my arm rests and tray table. Really. I wasn't bothering her and lots of people do it. They are some of the dirtiest spots on a plane. She kept sighing really loud. I wanted to clorox wipe her face. LOL.

Hope all have a great day and keep up the good work.
Old 09-13-2018, 04:57 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Enjoyed a great night sleep. Well rested. I don't sleep at all when I drink or I wake up constantly. Then useless all day. Why I continue to choose to drink is the conundrum. Feeling good today. Going to break this cycle for good.
Thanks for the welcoming. Hope you all have a great day. I will check in after work.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Day 8. Repeating myself: I'm so bloated it hurts and very uncomfortable :-/. I think stopping the booze abruptly has put my body into shock. I'm going down to the clubhouse and gonna take a 30 minute hydromassage. Maybe that will help. Other than this feeling like I'm going to burst, the brain fog is slowly dissipating. Have a good day folks...
Old 09-13-2018, 06:42 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone...

Ready to tackle a busy day at work...

It feels good to be refreshed this morning, and sober!

Blessings to you all