Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 5

Old 10-28-2018, 11:20 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

It was close for both of us Joy. I think it's true that the more we slip, the harder it is to get sober long term.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

You guys will do it. A lot of people slip, but you're getting back on the right track right away. I know it's hard, but I'll be your cheerleader and vibing for you all to feel strong and better about being sober.
Love and support to all...♥
Old 10-28-2018, 12:49 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Thank you Aly, that means a lot!
Old 10-28-2018, 12:57 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

You all mean a lot to me and so does at least trying to support anyone struggling. As I post on this thread and read your and everyones posts, maybe because it is so small too, I have become very fond of all of you and want to see you, and me, be successful, but I know, esp in the first year, it can be hard to not slip. What is so impressive and important is to really try to get back to keep trying. I know you, Jimi, have a tool bag. I just really want to support you and joy. I almost slipped too after close to 10 months (I just don't want to "lose" that time). We all need support sometimes.
I think I drank a little too much coffee!!
Take good care! Love ya! Aly ♥
Old 10-28-2018, 01:13 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

You’re the best Aly, today is two weeks for me and I’m feeling good. Btw, I drink too much coffee everyday! My Starbucks app is blowing up with reward points lol
Old 10-28-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Huge congrats on the two weeks!!

Thanks! You're the best too!
Old 10-28-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

It's a slippery slope on that slip and slide. Sawry guys all this talk about slips. Day 13 for me! By the hair of my chin I sit here and grin that I won this one you AV Winch!!

Aly you are a sweetie pie indeed!! I love this place, it's not judgemental. You all are very important to me in so many ways. You all probably know more about me than my actual family. M'wah!
Old 10-28-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Awww, you are so very kind and I liked you right off the bat when you left me a VM! I know you struggle with an addict sister, as do I. She just got out of rehab and I talked to her w/o fighting, it was mostly nice, we went to lunch with my mom. She has a long way to go as I look back at my first days a LONG time ago (I've been sober off and on for at least 5 years, so look how long it's taken me to really get serious!) . I struggled a lot. So I really cannot and try not to be judgemental at all. It's my thing, although I'm sure I may unconsciously do it some times. Most of us are really trying, have a lot ofstress just getting through sometimes, but we're doing it and that's what counts!

Love you, Honey! ♥♥♥ I'm so glad you're here and doing so well! Congrats on your 13 days! YAY!
Old 10-28-2018, 04:34 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

We haven't heard from CYH for a while. Anyone heard from him, or was he going on vacation or something?
Just wondering.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I haven't heard from CYH, check in dude. Also, that Mr. Tiles fella needs to get back to posting more lol.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Role call!

I notice when someone doesn't check in for a while and I worry about them, so, yes CYH, if you get a chance to read, please check in, dude.
Old 10-28-2018, 05:55 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Oh and Jimi mentioned OOTT? We're looking for you too. Just want to know you're ok, which I'm sure you are.

I'm totally teasing you all about Role Call. I sometimes think I'm funnier than I am. I think it's a character flaw.

Nighty Nite Class of Feb. ♥
Old 10-29-2018, 05:34 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Aww, thanks for thinking of me. I check the board quite often, but haven’t had much to say. I’ve been very negative about my job for some time, and that has carried over to my attitude in general, I guess. I have a good job, but it’s very stressful, I’m under a lot of pressure, and there’s no downtime whatsoever, so it’s difficult to ever get a mental break. I had a good talk with my wife the other day about possibly moving on or starting my own biz.; for now, I’m going to try to recommit to my job and not be so negative!

Tomorrow is 9 months for me. For some reason, the last few weeks have thrown a few temptations at me (again, the job), but I’m still hanging in there, and hopefully stronger every time I resist an urge.

I’ve always really liked this group, and I’m glad that the core is still here. I hope that we can all stay sober and at least check in from time to time as the months (and hopefully years!) pass.
Old 10-29-2018, 05:44 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Oops! I guess today is the 29th, which makes today, NOT tomorrow, 9 months! Woo Hoo! Life is truly a gift and far too precious to waste by being negative (or drunk!). I’m really going to work on my attitude!!
Old 10-29-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

CYH-congratulations on 9 months. I like that milestone. It signifies the amount of time of a pregnancy which to me is like a rebirth of sorts. I know it's a strange thought. Please make time to check in. If you ever get a chance to really start your own business I promise you it's worth it. It's not easy and it's stressful but to be your own boss is priceless!!
Old 10-29-2018, 10:20 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

CYH - good to see you!!! Sometimes work can be tough, but you are doing all the right things and staying sober. Hang in there. Were all here for you!
Old 10-29-2018, 10:21 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

CYH, I’m going through the same thing with my job. I’ve turned it around the last couple of weeks by focusing on the aspects that upper management watches the most. Also, by being positive and trying to improve the morale of those under me. I’m sure we’re in different fields, but thought I’d share. Congrats on your sober time!
Old 10-29-2018, 10:23 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joy57 View Post
CYH-congratulations on 9 months. I like that milestone. It signifies the amount of time of a pregnancy which to me is like a rebirth of sorts. I know it's a strange thought.
I’m due in 8 1/2 months, exciting
Old 10-29-2018, 10:45 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JimiC View Post
I’m due in 8 1/2 months, exciting
Your are funny! I'll be expecting twins. Already picked their names, DR. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Old 10-29-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

I'm 9.5, so I guess I'm a little overdue! So funny.

That is a cool analogy, joy.

CYH-Congrats at 9 months!!! Keep the faith.