# 261 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 more
Old 08-03-2018, 09:07 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Checking in for 24.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:08 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Painting drawing and puzzles.....doesn't that sound like heaven?
I bought a jigsaw puzzle for us to start with....I haven't done one for so long....this is it:

Hey Suze,
I have done about 8 puzzles in a row, my newest addiction! I just love the challenge, just finished my latest tonight. So, tomorrow I start a new one ...lol!
I have one I did as my Profile Picture, and one here as my Avatar. Be careful .... they are habit forming!
Old 08-03-2018, 09:10 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

And, time to check in for my next 24, with much gratitude to my HP, AA, & to our SR Family.
. Bobbi
Old 08-03-2018, 10:31 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

24 more please and have a great weekend everyone
Old 08-03-2018, 11:01 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Morning all, checking in for 24 hours

I’ve meditated everyday in my new found and delicate sobriety. Don’t know what I’m doing really but have read a few bits and make my self DO it even if my mind wanders after every 3 seconds. I aim for 5 minutes, to build up as I get more used to it

Yesterday I started and the 5 minutes went in the bat of an eye. Honestly don’t know what happened, it was like I fell asleep (I didn’t, honest!). Very peaceful. I’ll be interested to see if that happens again today
Old 08-03-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

24 more for me please at 2:53 am.

Have a good day all!
Old 08-04-2018, 01:00 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Signing in for another sober 24 hours.
Have a good Saturday everyone.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:06 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

In for 24 more.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:21 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 08-04-2018, 01:33 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Good morning all. Its 9.35am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean. Congratulations to those celebrating a milestone, my thoughts and prayers go out those suffering and struggling.
Old 08-04-2018, 01:51 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Oooohhh nice puzzle Like it - I'm in.

Love & hugs to all - 24 more for me please x
Old 08-04-2018, 02:17 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

I'm thinking of you Willow. Like Kev says, you can always take yourself away for a little while if it all gets too much. I've been reading posts about family and triggers and I think I'm finally beginning to understand the intricate dynamics of my birth family and the effect it has had on me. And I'm not blaming anyone in my family.... I want to stress that because it's important. I think both my parents did the best they could and I think my childhood was much nicer than either one of their childhoods. And for the longest time I felt guilty about being honest about my childhood because I wasn't abused or locked in cupboards or starved or suffered any of the atrocities so many children do. But I grew up in a house with alcoholics and narcissists and a ton of toxic energy and the truth is...it's taken its toll. And at some point during the last decade or so, I built a wall around myself to protect myself and my children from that toxic energy but that wall stops anything getting through. And now I seem to have zero patience for my mum and my older sister's drama. Zero. And I think maybe I should have a little patience and compassion in my heart for them but I spent decades trying and failing to make them like me and now I've got nothing left to offer. All or nothing .... it's my default position.

Yesterday I snapped horribly at my mum on the phone because I'm sick with a kidney infection and I'm trying to look after my 4 kids and keep on top of my work and I just couldn't handle listening to her talk about her latest drama in her negative, miserable voice. So now I feel guilty. And I wish I could talk to my dad because even though he drank far too much, he was warm and funny and I miss him so much. He understood how cold my mum is and he understood how she makes me feel. And now he's dead, I don't think anyone else understands. And I don't know why this is hurting me so much today. Maybe because I've got a fever and I'm feeling run down. The advantage of growing up without maternal love is that it's made me strong .... there is always a silver lining to everything. I know I'm strong .... and whilst I'm not feeling very strong right now, I know that I will feel strong again. As soon as the antibiotics kick in. Crazy how illness and other external influences can so drastically affect my internal peace. Being human is so complex isn't it? Sometimes I wish I was my labrador. Then all I'd have to worry about is when I'm going for a walk and when I'm going to eat. But maybe labradors have bad days too.... how would I know? I'm not a labrador. Right, I am officially writing nonsense so I'm going to go now. Apologies for being down-beat ... just keeping it real. I hope everyone is OK and let's all just stay sober together today because if I think I'm having a bad day now, imagine what it would be like if I was drinking? Blimey, that doesn't bear thinking about. Love you all.... 24 more for me please xxxx
Old 08-04-2018, 02:18 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

I had a very realistic drinking dream last night. AV was really talking, saying that oh you had 1 glass of wine, you can control it now blah blah blah. And I don’t even like wine! I’m very glad it was just a dream and in for another 24! Kenton, I hope you feel better soon!
Old 08-04-2018, 02:51 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Old 08-04-2018, 03:00 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

24 please. Working today then first AA meeting tonight. Feeling nervous now. Think I might cry but I'm sure that's ok! Hoping this will be the start of a new life.

Congratulations to all our milestoners today and love to you all 💓💓xxxx
Old 08-04-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

11:01am...24 more please....Love to All
Old 08-04-2018, 03:01 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please & Thanks.

Some great posts on this thread, absolutely amazing, I learn such a lot from you all. Thank you.

Plenny sounds like you had a positive therapy session, so pleased for you. It's corny, I know but it is good to talk isn't it?

Off to my Saturday favourite meeting of the week in a little while, then off for afternoon tea with my hubby. How very civilised

Hope you my lovely 24'ers have a lovely Saturday. Congrats to
Milestoners and my very best wishes for anyone struggling or suffering - I've been there, I know how you feel and it can and does get better.

Much Love to you all, SP
Old 08-04-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ben123 View Post
Morning all, checking in for 24 hours

I’ve meditated everyday in my new found and delicate sobriety. Don’t know what I’m doing really but have read a few bits and make my self DO it even if my mind wanders after every 3 seconds. I aim for 5 minutes, to build up as I get more used to it

Yesterday I started and the 5 minutes went in the bat of an eye. Honestly don’t know what happened, it was like I fell asleep (I didn’t, honest!). Very peaceful. I’ll be interested to see if that happens again today
Hey Ben. I've started again too. I'd like to recommend this book, "Bliss More". Part one, how to do it (informative even if you think you know) and Part two, benefits.

I'm running late today so I missed my morning meditation. Gotta find 10 minutes of quiet somewhere.
Old 08-04-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 6:23am in Jacksonville, Florida!!

Congratulations to all those celebrating milestones today!!