Notices

Snufkin's Thread Pt 2

Old 08-02-2018, 03:23 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kevlarsjal2 View Post
I have some mugs too, I love them! I'm actually having the Little My one standing next to my laptop this very moment.

I didn't buy any posters, to be honest with you, I just printed them out and framed them using cheap IKEA frames. I have a little collection of those old black and white moomin drawings, they all hang above my couch

Hope work will be okay! <3
Aw my first ever tattoo was Little My on my hip! It’s horrendous and I thought of covering it up, but it has a sentimental value. Umm at least that’s what I keep telling myself...
Old 08-02-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I hope you can get some quick antibiotics for your infection, Snuf.

I hear you loud and clear with the essay! I roll my eyes on your behalf!

I have recently started on mint tea for stomach upset, and I really benefit.

I am shocked, but I really enjoy the flavor, too. I think for me it might replace coffee (which would be a win/win for my stomach!).
Old 08-02-2018, 03:32 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Yes I did, Thanks so much Suze!

Snuf I was thinking of doing one of those 90 day challenges if you'd like to join me....even though I don't like being held accountable, but maybe that's the problem! Just an idea....
Hello Purps! I would LOVE to do a 90 days challenge! ❤️ 90 days was the longest I’ve ever stayed sober for and I remember feeling so great I had no desire to drink at all. So naturally I thought, awesome, I’m cured, I can drink now. Aaaand I can’t really pick myself up ever since... that was seven months ago
Old 08-02-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

That's happened to me in the past as well.....so easy to become complacent....

I think we're both on day 4 too!
Old 08-02-2018, 07:46 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Yes, we are! ❤️

Uh I am struggling today... it’s gonna be a long day! I need to find myself a good distraction.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

There's that movie we were talking about...
Old 08-02-2018, 07:54 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

How about reading that AVRT thread? It talks about the Beast - Addictive Voice (AV)

It's a long thread, will keep you busy:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ined-long.html (AVRT Explained (long))

...and the discussion thread:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-1-a.html (Addictive Voice Recognition Technique (AVRT) Discussion-Part 1)
Old 08-02-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

One thing that helps me when I feel annoyed, overwhelmed or confused by my own thoughts and they distract or paralyse me too much so I feel unable to do anything else really, I like to just write them down. Write down that inner monologue and often that ends in a little sketch or drawing of something related to those thoughts. Like a little monster for example
Old 08-02-2018, 08:18 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Good evening, dear Snufs. I hope that you get those wounds looked at today; please don’t ignore an infection.

Bim posted links to really good threads. You have mentioned being plagued by thoughts; AVRT offers great advice on how to handle and get control of those AV thoughts. Those threads are truly worth the read.

You ahwant to give AVRT a Google, too. I think that I once saw a reference to some on-line worksheets.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:38 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Wow, as always you left me speechless; all great advice - thank you so much!

I'm happy to report cravings are gone, I did some reading on AVRT and I find it tremendously helpful! THANK YOU Bim & Leigh!

I also did some shopping, spoiled myself with make-up and hair care, started packing some of my stuff and prepared clothes I no longer wear for donation... I also pierced my own ears and I can finally wear earrings I got a while ago to match my septum jewellery. Woo hoo! It was a surprisingly nice day.

I'm gonna help Mark with his essay now... I thought I'd never have to deal with academic writing ever again, but here I am... ah well. Bring it on!
Old 08-02-2018, 12:29 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
under new management

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
I also pierced my own ears and I can finally wear earrings I got a while ago to match my septum jewellery. Woo hoo! It was a surprisingly nice day.
Owwww!

I had my own ears pierced with a darning needle, when I was 14 yrs old, by a "friend" ()

We put an ice cube on my ear lobes, to freeze them first.

My mom was none too impressed, lol!
Old 08-02-2018, 12:36 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Haha I do not recommend it... I had a body piercing needle and alcohol prep pads, so it was kinda safe-ish. I couldn't go to the studio, because of my scalp psoriasis, it's awful and visible around that area and they would just refuse to do it. But come ooooon, it's just a simple ear lobe piercing... ah well. I'm happy with the result
Old 08-02-2018, 01:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
under new management

"just a simple ear lobe piercing..."

this gave me good chuckle, Snufkin
Old 08-02-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

OK, I'm a crazy person. But it really wasn't that bad haha!
Old 08-02-2018, 01:55 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Piercing your own ears? That sounds mega scary, I don't think I could do this. I hated already giving myself injections every night now after the surgery. Needles and me are not such good friends, I prefer them for sewing!
Old 08-02-2018, 01:59 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Wow, as always you left me speechless; all great advice - thank you so much!

I'm happy to report cravings are gone, I did some reading on AVRT and I find it tremendously helpful! THANK YOU Bim & Leigh!

I also did some shopping, spoiled myself with make-up and hair care, started packing some of my stuff and prepared clothes I no longer wear for donation... I also pierced my own ears and I can finally wear earrings I got a while ago to match my septum jewellery. Woo hoo! It was a surprisingly nice day.

I'm gonna help Mark with his essay now... I thought I'd never have to deal with academic writing ever again, but here I am... ah well. Bring it on!
How lovely to hear how your day turned out to be so nice! Isn't it amazing how quickly things can change? Often the only thing we need to do is to not listen to our sick brains and do something positive instead.
If you do journal, maybe this experience is worth writing it down as a reminder how a day can be if you don't listen to tantrum piggy.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

LOL guys, it wasn't even painful, and it took like two seconds. But anything than that I'd have done professionally, so don't worry, no more crazy stuff.
Old 08-02-2018, 02:04 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

You tough Scots! Not even painful?! I got my ears re-pierced a few months ago and I think my eyes even got a bit wet
Old 08-02-2018, 02:05 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

How lovely to hear how your day turned out to be so nice! Isn't it amazing how quickly things can change? Often the only thing we need to do is to not listen to our sick brains and do something positive instead.
If you do journal, maybe this experience is worth writing it down as a reminder how a day can be if you don't listen to tantrum piggy.
Aw Kev, you're like a gold mine of great ideas!

Oh, that pig... I love what you said on 24 thread 'Don't listen to a pig throwing a tantrum'. It made my day!
Old 08-02-2018, 02:06 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

You tough Scots! Not even painful?! I got my ears re-pierced a few months ago and I think my eyes even got a bit wet
I'm a tough cookie haha. The most painful thing was getting my stomach tattooed for 7 hours, I have to admit I almost fainted.

Still want more tattoos tho.

Edit: There's this amazing tattoer called Björn Liebner, I really want to book him when I'm visiting my mum in Berlin. Hopefully his bookings are open.