View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Osu2002

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
That is GREAT stuff WGlenn...AA meeting and off to the therapist tomorrow. Don't stress, all these things will happen. It takes time. I know how you feel about friends. I have moved a lot and I take a long time to get close to people. I feel like just when I have some new friends, we are off. I think true friendships are going to be easier for us to cultivate sober! You made it through a difficult day today and you don't have to repeat day 4 ...just move onto 5. Do you know what the best day to quit is? There isn't one. There will be tough stuff to face and temptations no matter when we do it, so let's just face what we have to face as Junipers. Talk to your therapist about your loneliness. Perhaps he/she will have some ideas for getting you social. I think pulling back a little at the start and getting yourself feeling healthy is not a bad idea. Don't think of it as being lonely so much as taking a few sick days. Are there any classes you might take this summer? My school district offers a lot of PD sessions. Summer is not loaded with options. There are a number of online courses for teachers and workshops! Is there anything that interests you? How about volunteering at your church's bible camp? They would love to get a teacher volunteer?

WELCOME BLOND Sober and OSU2002....my son plays a game called OSU, is that where your name comes from it. He is shockingly good at it, indicating way too many hours invested. Keep checking in here friends, lots of support.
Sorry if I mess up the response, still getting used to the system. The OSU is not a game, it’s reference to Ohio State University, I was at the 2002 national championship game they won. I hope no other football fans hold the alligence against me, OSU can be generally disliked 😀