View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 07:01 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
WGlenn

Blondsober - Congratulations on day 1. Hang in there!

Willow68 - Yes, we are all in this together, which I'm completely grateful for.

Sourgrapes - I completely relate to the Christmas party difficulties. Having an anxiety disorder makes this sober thing especially tricky because alcohol helps in social situations, but--for me--the drinking continues well past social activities. I'm glad you're around. We can support each other.

Today is day 4 for me, and I'm still struggling especially with what to do with myself now that I'm not drinking. I still feel like I'm crawling out of my skin, and a little voice tells me that maybe it's not the right time to quit. Maybe I should wait until July... I'm ignoring the voice and focusing on one day at a time. I don't want to do this again, so I tell myself just for today, and--God willing--I'll make the same deal with myself tomorrow. I just feel so lonely. My alcoholism has ruined almost all of my friendships, so I don't have many people to reach out to. AA meetings are awkward for me, though I still went to one today. I went more or less to get out of the house just to have something to do. I need to learn how to make friends, though I don't know how. Tomorrow I'm going to see a therapist who specializes in addictions, so hopefully I'll get some good advice on everything I'm going through. Anyhow, day 4 sucks, and I don't ever want to repeat it again.

Congratulations to everyone on another day sober.