Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 386

Old 05-27-2018, 04:53 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Big day in Indy today. They have a small race there today. Some of you might have heard of it. I've never been there, lived here all my life. I went to qualifications once but I was so wasted I don't remember much. 24 more clean and sober hours please. Congrats to everyone reaching a milestone today!
Old 05-27-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Um, love, hope this is not out of line.....but after reading your family history, do you absolutely need to say yes to this visit? A surprise? Without even consulting you to see if it suits....hmmm.......any chance you could ask her to come when you are feeling a bit more settled?

If not....you will have all of our help. For one thing, you have every right to your privacy, but saying that you are not flush with money right now is fine I think....perhaps let her know that you will need a bit of help with that if they are coming....feeding two extra people is expensive..perhaps she will be understanding and offer to help out a bit.

I know you are feeling down love....you know I am too. So we will get through this together....as jojo said yesterday. And we will be alright....sometimes one hour at a time is good enough....that's what I am aiming for today. We don't have to stay in a bad-feeling place: we can take action.

Sending mega amounts of love. ♥♥
Thank you Venus. I'm sorry you're in a bit of a dark place yourself. You're right tho - we'll be fine... we can take action...

As for my mum's visit, it's too late to cancel, she asked me if she can buy flight tickets today and I said yes, it's all good, they can stay. Maybe it won't be that bad... Ehh I know she loves me very much and she's lonely and I feel bad for not wanting to have a better relationship with her. She's honestly the best person I've ever met, but... I wish I didn't have to see her ever again in my life? It doesn't make any sense. Maybe I'm a psychopath...
Old 05-27-2018, 05:06 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Errr, I don't think so....ha.....family is hard. And you are a sweety.....that is very kind of you to think about your mum's feelings....you never know.....it might just be a great visit.

Just looked it up Tom.....the race is on ABC at 12pm eastern time. I LOVE car racing....thank you.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:11 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
I'm feeling so low and worthless today... I don't know what triggered it. I hate myself and I wish I were someone else. Or I wish I could at least drink and feel nothing. Sigh. I won't drink - I know these feelings will eventually pass, but right now I'm stuck in this depressive episode and it sucks.

Uh, what a weird day... I got a call from my mum, she said she wants to surprise me and is coming to visit me for a couple of days with her husband in July - first time ever since I moved to Scotland. Wow... I'm not sure how I feel about that. I love my parents - I know they care about me and they're good people, but I've lived on my own since I was 15 and they don't really know anything about my life... I like it that way. I'd never want to hurt them, so I lie that everything's fantastic. My parents are not honest with me either; I didn't know they got divorced (found out weeks later when I came to visit, used their PC and there were divorce papers saved on the desktop), I didn't know my mum remarried, heck they didn't even tell me my grandma passed away. The worst thing is, that neither of these things really bothered me in the slightest. I don't know - maybe I am even secretly pleased that I have a reason to distance myself from them. So yup... I'm a bit stressed about my mum visiting... I'm also totally broke, I'm not sure how I'm gonna pick them up from the airport, I can't afford bus tickets... eh. Anyway... I'm so sorry for venting.

Lots to do today. Gonna check in later.

Take care everyone, stay strong!
Hey Snufs, I definitely don't think you are a psychopath! You care too much about everyone here 💗

I think I get where you are coming from, I've got a really conflicted relationship with my family too. A toxic combination of anger and guilt, the main ingredients for any alcoholic....
I think I'm managing sober time now because I've been working on that stuff for a while and it's helpes me move forward.

I'm still a bit of a mess Snufs but just remember Rome wasn't built in a day. When we stop drinking all the crap floods in that we have to wade through and when we do we realise we can cope.
You are doing great 💗 you certainly aren't worthless, you are really special. We are all here for you .....xxxd
Old 05-27-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hi Suze, my lovely. How are you today? 💗
Old 05-27-2018, 05:13 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

^^^^ You are making me smile Miss.....listen to you.....you sound wonderful.

PS....how long did it take to build Rome exactly anyway?

♥♥
Old 05-27-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

SNAP..... !!!!

Kind of carappy, but working on it. Very unhappy living here....this weather is not suitable for my health....sigh.....how on earth can you cope with 90% + humidity every day, and all day and night? I cannot breathe. Or walk.

However, enough grumpy Suze.....this should make anyone smile I think. (Ann posted this in LighterSide).

Old 05-27-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Urban Hermit

24 more please.
Old 05-27-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
^^^^ You are making me smile Miss.....listen to you.....you sound wonderful.

PS....how long did it take to build Rome exactly anyway?

♥♥
I'm sure it took a very long time Suze, but look how beautiful it is! 😄😄

I am feeling like something fundamental has changed. I have everything I need now to get this right. It's amazing how little I knew back in August, when I joined.

Lots of work to do though!

I hope you are well and having a lovely, lazy Sunday 💗
Old 05-27-2018, 05:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=venuscat;6908581]SNAP..... !!!!

Kind of carappy, but working on it. Very unhappy living here....this weather is not suitable for my health....sigh.....how on earth can you cope with 90% + humidity every day, and all day and night? I cannot breathe. Or walk.

However, enough grumpy Suze.....this should make anyone smile I think. (Ann posted this in LighterSide).

[/QUOTE

Yeah, I know what you mean. We used to live in the middle east andcthe heat just sucks out all your energy and sleeping at night was a nightmare.

We moan all the time about the crap weather here but I wouldn't change it! The rain brings all the beautiful scenery we have.
Get Nick to take you on a trip somewhere cool....and romantic! That'll cheer you up! 💗
Old 05-27-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

😂😂😂 love your squirrel
Old 05-27-2018, 05:39 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

In for 24 more on a dark and stormy Sunday.

Have a good sober day all!
Old 05-27-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

5:38 am in North Idaho. We’ve been having thunder, lightening and flash floods all week, looks like today is going to be sunny and clear but we will see. 24 more hours, no matter what❤️
Old 05-27-2018, 06:32 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Another 24 for me please.
Old 05-27-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Hello everyone

Let’s enjoy this day

24 more please.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

24 for Red please.

Barbecue at my brother’s house out in the country. It will be great to have the family together even if it’s 100 today. We have a 3-day weekend here, and I haven’t thought about drinking at all. Love it!

Have a fine sober day or night.

Kenton, thank you for your post yesterday; just beautiful.

Xx

Red
Old 05-27-2018, 07:14 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

24 more for me please. Thank you Dee

Back home after a wonderful weekend away with my hubby. We had a great time, it was lovely to see our friends,be tourists and of course my personal highlight, Mr Marti Pellow in fine voice at the Albert Hall, yay

Back to reality, sigh...Ho, hum....but that's ok.

Will have a look see and catchup but in the meantime hope everyone is well and enjoying the long weekend. Congrats to milestoners.

Much Love you lovely 24'ers, Love you all, SP
Old 05-27-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Good Morning, All. I hope everyone is having a safe holiday weekend. It makes me sad to think of all the lives cut short by war, but think of them we must, because they gave everything for the rest of us.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:53 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

(((((Snuf)))))

(((((Suze)))))

Checking in at 10:53 am from Fort Valley, VA, USA.
Old 05-27-2018, 07:58 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

yes please