Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 4

Old 07-08-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

I’m sure you already know this Jimi, but as it may look as though they are having a blast, drinking non-stop, you can bet that this is dulling their experience of this magnificent experience. Stay strong, and remember the entire trip, which sounds like a blast, by the way.
Old 07-08-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Good afternoon...having my coffee and cheese ...

I had gone on a long drive and a day out..., got back last night....I am so happy that I am able to do so many things being sober....

OOAT - Good luck with the cycling....
JimiC - Planning to buy london pass with travel (which has tube etc covered)...but still planning, will be in London for 6 days and 4 days in Scotland ...Thanks for the update...
Sunshine - Hope you feel better...pic on profile...you look pretty ..
Aly - hope you are doing well...?

Day 61 no drinks (crossed 2 months!!)...One day at at time, Staying sober and strong. Thank you all for your support....
Have an awesome Sunday afternoon/evening....
Old 07-09-2018, 09:48 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Boat trip to Murano Italy yesterday. Beautiful island that’s not overrun by tourists YET. Had an icredible meal which seemed liked the courses would never end, they kept bring more and more. Bread, tuna pate, risotto, seafood lasagna, tomato/mozzarella, salad, fish (main course), calamari, and shrimp in that order. There were big carafes of red and white wine that many were gulping. Desert were some delicious pastries and coffee- needless say I skipped dinner!

We just got to our hotel in Switzerland and the views are incredible. There are no tv’s, they give you binaclours instead. Just talk a walk with my daughter to a cafe down the street. I savored a double espresso and dark chocolate. Beats wine and cheese anyday! I’m going to get up for an early morning hike tomorrow, I see an old castle up the mountain that’s calling my name. Ta ta Febs!
Old 07-09-2018, 12:47 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Jimi, sounds fabulous! Love your travel check ins.

I hope all is well for everyone. I'm doing fine, staying sober. There hasn't been a whole lot to report on my end, which is good. The less drama these days the better.

Take care. Just wanted to say hi, and have a great week.

Aly ♥
Old 07-09-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Hello to all! JimiC you give me hope that travelling sober is possible. I will be travelling this Friday for a week on quite an adventure. First stop drop son off at MIT for a summer program. Then take train to New York for a few days. Then drive to Pennsylvania to see our wholesale distributor and then fly back home. LOTS of opportunity to party. So I will stay close. I feel pretty confident and strong and in tact with sobriety. So I believe I will be safe.

I'm still not feeling 100% but I am getting there. My sister is walking the line for now. Fingers crossed.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:07 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Hello all...

Good evening...Having sunflower seeds and coffee...

Day 62 no drinks...feeling good...one day at a time. Staying strong and sober..
JimiC - very nice....agree CYH that drinking will not give them great experience...
Aly - Good to hear you are doing good.
SS72 - MIT wow! good luck to your son...

Thank you all for your support...
Have a great evening...
Old 07-10-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Wow! Switzerland, MIT, you guys are killing life! Good for you. Sounds amazing.
Old 07-10-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

We had a Swiss lunch and show before a boat cruise today in Lucerine. They brought my wife and I on stage to participate in a dance and then my daughter to blow a massive horn. Others were brought up to yodel and then they were all given mugs of beer. Each of the guys chugged theirs and got applause, one dude let out a huge belch after which was hilarious. I don’t know what I would have done if they gave me beer on stage, maybe pretended to take a sip. Anyway, we’re off to Paris tomorrow.

The Big Apple Sunshine- woo hoo! I’ll be returning there just as you’re visiting. I’m glad everybody seems to be doing well - JC
Old 07-10-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Finally have a diagnosis as to why I'm EXTREMELY FATIGUED! I hate to even put this out there, but I have come down with Mono! WTF? The only kissing I've done is with my husband. Unless he is out smooching someone else? lol The culprit is likely my sons friends we took to the beach. There is no magic pill on this one, just have to wait it out. Have any of you ever had Mono?

JimiC if they handed you a beer just keep handing it off to the chuggers they would have loved it. It sounds like so much fun! Bravo!! Yes, we will be in the big apple for all of a day and a half. If the universe aligns we can arrange a double date... However it isn't seeming realistic if you are just returning from two weeks of vacation and we will be in and out on week days. Doing a day long bus tour on that Tuesday. Wam Bam thank you mam tour!
Old 07-10-2018, 12:10 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

I'm sorry Sunshine! I had it a long time ago. I had to take it easy for a few weeks, but mine wasn't that bad. I had no idea where the heck I got mine either! I hope yours isn't too badly, but it's good to know why you were so tired.
Feel better soon. ♥
Old 07-10-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Good evening...
Hope everyone is doing fine...SS feel better...JimiC - have good time in Paris...
Day 63 no drinks...one day at a time. Staying sober and strong...
Have a great evening....
Old 07-11-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Just checking in. We leave for Boston on Friday. And then we'll take the Amtrak train to New York on Monday. And then we'll drive to Pennsylvania on Wednesday. And then we'll fly back to North Carolina on Thursday! I'll just have to take it easy since I'm still totally exhausted!
Old 07-11-2018, 08:09 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Hey sunshine, that's crazy about the mono diagnosis.
the NY trip sounds great, and hopefully you'll have enough energy.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:18 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hey OOTT yeah it's pretty dumb. I'm still feeling pretty good about life. I'm not as tired so I think I'm on the tail end of it!
Old 07-12-2018, 11:53 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

I wish I could go to NY if you guys are having a big double date. I have my little bike ride this weekend. We're going to Annaheim to the Tragic Kingdom, and various Socal beaches on August 10-17 if anyone wants to go there.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

That's insane about the stage beer in Switzerland. I'm glad they didn't hand you one, but I'm positive you would have handled things perfectly if they had, by taking a fake drink, or just setting the stein or glass or whatever down on the stage.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:18 PM
  # 377 (permalink)  

My people are in Anaheim! That is the exact week I go back to Boston for my son though. Dang! Mr. Sunshine and I def want a trip to WA again though or anywhere your adventures take you. Of course schedule permitting. I've decided I'm not waiting until I'm all old and too decrepit to take trips. ;-) My son had an official tour of NC State today. He will apply in October. I'm def feeling better.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:15 PM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Great to sign on and see so much positivity! I'm glad everyone is doing well.

I had another CT scan yesterday. At the end of August I have to have some surgery. I don't think it will be too big of a deal. I'll probably be home the same day or the next day, I hope.

Sunshine, glad you're feeling better.

OOTT: Good luck on your ride.

Have a great rest of the week everyone, almost the weekend!
Old 07-12-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Thanks Aly. I'm pretty excited about it. It's 203 miles, three miles less than last year, so that's good. The bad news is that its going to be over 90 degrees, so it's gonna be interesting.
Old 07-12-2018, 04:51 PM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Good evening ....having my coffee and cheese as usual...
OOOT - That is insane 203 miles...kudos to you...i don't know how you do that...good luck and all the best...I am confident you will nail it!
SS72- Nice trips...very good colleges...
Aly - Sorry about the surgery, but I think it is for your good. You will do great...
JimiC must be hanging around somewhere in Paris...

Day 65 no drinks. One day at a time. Staying sober and strong. Thank you all for your support...
Have a great Thursday evening.....