Notices

Class of February 2018 Support Thread Pt 4

Old 07-15-2018, 04:16 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Good evening....Nice Sunday here...did lot of yard work and other stuff...watched the FIFA finals...Frenchies won!...JimiC must have done something there ...

JimiC - Thanks for your advice very helpful, will follow that.
About your personal stuff. Do what you feel is the best. I know it sucks. You only get one life and if things are not working or being a drag, time to move on. But remember it's not all over, there are several other bindings including finance etc. and having spent so much of your life's time, that stuff is going to stay, think in a positive way to mend things going forward. But you are the best judge, everyone can give their opinion but at the end of the day you got to make some good choices which make you feel good and peaceful and live with it. Being sober helps a lot, it helps to think clearly and make good choices. You will do good friend.
SS72 - enjoy Boston...never been there...
Aly - Hope things will be better after surgery. You are in my thoughts...
Dee- thanks for being everywhere, you Rock!

Day 68 no drinks, on day at a time, staying sober and strong....
Thank you all for the support...
Have a great Sunday evening...
Old 07-16-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Sorry, JimiC, I was hopeful that you huge vacation would bring you and your wife closer.
Traveling together can be stressful. Can you re evaluate after you've been back for a week or so and you're back in your work routine and then see how the marriage is going?
Old 07-16-2018, 07:40 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

At Amtrak station in Boston heading for New York baby! We had an early relaxing night and feel so excited to see Times Square. Except I used this damned Nexus hair mask this morning and my is all oily like I haven't washed it in weeks and my shirt has lil holes in it and all I had was bright pink socks with my all black and white outfit. Lol
Old 07-16-2018, 04:25 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Good evening....having my coffee...was a very busy day today at work...
OOTT - hope you are prepared for cycling event....
SS72 - not sure what nexus hair mask is?..hope your hair gets better...

Day 69 no drinks...one day at a time, staying sober and strong...have an awesome Monday evening. Thank you all for your support..
Old 07-16-2018, 05:49 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Had my hair cut in New York and got big Apple red toenails. It's the Lil things. Love it here so far! Supposed to rain on our tour tomorrow. I'll enjoy it anyway because I love rain.

Iwta Nexus hair mask is a big blob of oil looks like Crisco. Don't use it when traveling.
Old 07-16-2018, 05:51 PM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Thanks for the heads up about the hair product. Some of that stuff is a nightmare!

Glad you're having a great time!! ♥♥
Old 07-16-2018, 06:26 PM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Sorry, JimiC, I was hopeful that you huge vacation would bring you and your wife closer.
Traveling together can be stressful. Can you re evaluate after you've been back for a week or so and you're back in your work routine and then see how the marriage is going?
Agree! That’s a good thought from Tiles. My wife and I are always about to kill each other during travel.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Been absent only because I’m just really busy (which I suppose is good!). Still sober and coming up on six months. It’s incredible. Cravings are still there, especially with the job stress, which may just be pushing me into another direction, professionally. As long as I stay sober; that’s the important thing. I’m glad everyone is doing so well and we’re all hanging in there and not drinking!
Old 07-16-2018, 06:42 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Hang in there CYH. We're all there for you.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:52 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Thanks, Aly. I barely even thought about booze there for a while. Work is stressing me so much right now that I’ve had a few weak moments. I quickly realized that I do not want to start over again, or worse, go back drinking through the stress. All that does is leave me in the shower every morning saying, “I’ve got to quit!!” Six months. I won’t throw it away.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:59 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Good for you. I've been struggling lately too and tomorrow I'll be 5 months. We just have to remember how awful we feel the next day. Like Jimi said, we don't drink anymore. Period. But it's still hard some days. Sending good vibes and lots of support.
Aly ♥
Old 07-16-2018, 07:27 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Thanks a lot. 5 months is awesome!
Old 07-16-2018, 07:51 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Times Square is insane! That's all I got!

Aly and CYH you are both inspirational. As soon as I got here I checked for a mini bar just to see if they have one. Our room is looking directly at the ball and the prime spot . The guy who checked us in said this very room goes for 20K on new years Eve! I think it's out of habit I looked for the mini bar. . The urge crossed my mind at first as I'm kid free and in a place I have never been and it's so exciting! Quickly played the tape forward to morning where I'd inevitably be puking my brains out and we would cxl our tour and black out the room and feel horrible. NO F'ing way!
Old 07-16-2018, 08:12 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

I hear ya! Thank you. When I think it through to the next day, it can change my mind. Thanks for being here! You're the best Sunshine!
Old 07-17-2018, 01:43 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Great to see all the posts! Thanks for the support friends, I've barely spoken to my wife since Friday. My mind wanders off everyday thinking of how I can make a better life. If I leave I need to stay close to my daughter, it would be hard to swing everything financially but we only get one life and I'm not getting any younger. I hear you with the work stress too CYH, I'm also contemplating making a move or finding something else within my company even if it means a pay cut.

So cool that you're rocking the big apple Sunshine, I gotta go apply my Nexus hair mask now
Old 07-17-2018, 05:48 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  

JimiC you are funny! The first thing I did after we checked in yesterday was found a hair salon to get them to make me look less homeless. LoL

The tour was nothing less than amazing. New York has kicked my ass! And we are out of here tomorrow late morning. Wam bam thank you mam!

No urges today and I'm staying the sober course!
Old 07-17-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CrossYourHeart View Post
Agree! That’s a good thought from Tiles. My wife and I are always about to kill each other during travel.
Right, especially at the rate they were going.... it looked like they were in a different city every day. That really takes a toll after a while.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Like Aly says, We don't drink any more.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:39 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hey, five months today. I’m trying to figure out whether to celebrate with a bike ride or a nap. My mother is going to stop by for dinner, last chance to see my daughter before she leaves for camp. Bye for now!
Old 07-18-2018, 12:20 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Congrats Jimi!!!