Notices

Class Of December 2013 - Part 11

Old 03-18-2020, 06:59 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Oh. I'm still negotiating with my wine demon. Hope all is well with you two. Odd transcontinental connection. But a good one. Fingers crossed on events in the next week or two.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:02 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd be staying as healthy as I could Jack. Tell the AV there's no negotiation.

D
Old 03-20-2020, 06:14 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks for the refocus. It's been so long since I've been at all introspective on this. The AV. OK. Thanks for the seed.
Old 03-23-2020, 11:53 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
waking down

Good to hear from you, Jack, Dee. Things are kind of crazy around here. I'm supposed to find out today if I was exposed at work last week. I'm quarantined, working from home, not hating it, but I have allergies and I keep freaking about every little symptom. I had to deal with an old friend last night texting about how I should be out playing music, trying to guilt-trip me like I'm denying the world my talents and the distraction. What a dumbass. I think he was drunk because I kept telling him I'm quarantined and my employer wants me to hunker down and plus I work full time... I'm kind of surrounded by ignorant types who think they know better than the experts or the government so they're still getting together and partying. Out walking the dog over the weekend people were out and about, hugging, yammering in close huddles, thinking they were being safe because they were outdoors. I'm just bitching, so I'll shut up. Americans, in general, don't like being told what to do. Period. Even if it's something as basic as maybe you should tie those shoelaces. We're falling on our faces and proud of it. It's how we roll.

Now that I got that out of my system, I gotta get back to work. Stay healthy, friends. I'm just grateful I have a home, a job, a cushion, wife, dogs, toilet paper, and a nice place to wipe it...
Old 03-23-2020, 03:51 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah as far as quarantine goes this is pretty good

D
Old 03-23-2020, 04:50 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
waking down

But I do have a confession. Last Friday I got so aggravated, anxious, and pissed off that I took a Vicodin that had been stashed in a cabinet since 2014. I can't call it a relapse, they were prescribed, but I had four of them in case my back fails me again. Three remain, I never took more than prescribed, and I never will. It was a reminder of the allure, I'll say that. And I can't say I regret it. It was basically just a sleeping pill - calmed me down and I passed out. But it's dangerous thinking, and I know it. I didn't drink and I never will.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:43 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
waking down

Yo, somebody beat us to it:

https://nypost.com/2020/03/25/influe...icking-toilet/

God Bless America!!!
Old 04-03-2020, 05:43 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Interesting times. And only the beginning of these interesting times, I think. We have had more human traffic on our rural road, by the house, people walking, with dogs and strollers, people on horses, joggers, walkers and runners. Unheard of before. We wave at a distance, and talk. Demechanized social contact. We stop between going from A to B. And interact. It's bad out there, or in here, but there are some pretty good things going on, too. Hop all is well with you two.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:44 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hope. Hate spelling blunders.
Old 04-03-2020, 05:52 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good here Jack thanks - stay safe

D
Old 04-05-2020, 03:39 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
waking down

People are behaving better, for the most part, now that others have been publicly shamed and they're hearing about famous as well as local people getting infected. Staying healthy. In the past three weeks other than walking dogs I've been to a convenience store once for distilled water. I haven't been to a grocery store in probably a month. My wife went three weeks ago. Running out of produce, though, so we'll have to venture out soon. Take care, friends...
Old 04-07-2020, 04:50 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good to see that you are both well. Mostly, people are taking this very seriously. And people do not appear to be cheating. Small groups hanging out like the old days are being fined, now. Having my daughter's family here has been great. We are in our 3rd week of isolation. Shopped on the weekend, but my daughter went into the stores, gloved , masked and bespectacled. If someone my age would be stopped on the street in Montreal, they'd be fined. I found 5 slightly used N95 masks in my workshop, which have been cleaned up. Gave a few new ones to my doc friend, and may pass along a few of the ones I've just found. Our front line health workers are short of protective gear. Cut down trees today by our pond, and feel that gorgeous body high of poopdom. Every cell is sighing. Bath. Homeland, Outlander, Ozark. Keep well.
Old 04-07-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Administrator

You too Jack

D
Old 12-17-2020, 05:35 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
waking down

7 years this month, friends. Hope all are well and staying safe. I've been working too much and recording a lot of music with what little free time I have, especially with this virus thing. I had been recruited for several local bands last year (apparently sober, well behaved musicians are in demand), but that's all on hold. Feel like I'm well over the hump as far as recovery goes. Staying vigilant but feel I've moved onto other topics. I've decided for me it has been about change of lifestyle. My interests haven't changed much; just not pursuing them drunk or high. Not getting younger and doing my best to take care of myself and hoping to enjoy my autumn years. Get down to the funky beat.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy Holidays Zero - and to anyone reading.
7 years is awesome.

Hope live gigs will return next year

D
Old 12-27-2020, 08:56 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Even I'm doing well these days! Good to touch base. All the best in the coming (no doubt) very interesting year!
Old 12-27-2020, 03:01 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's so good to hear you're doing well, Jack - Happy New Year!

D
Old 03-25-2022, 05:09 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
waking down

Long time no see. I'm thinking this was where we left off. How y'all doing?
Old 03-25-2022, 05:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Administrator

All good here Zero- hope you are too

Not sure who else is still around.

D
Old 03-25-2022, 05:22 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
waking down

We lost all but Jack long ago. Hoping that's mostly a good sign, folks not needing the connection cuz life is alright without... But we know that's not always the case. Still playing music I hope? Staying really? Still the dancing D?