Notices

Class of March 2016 part 69

Old 04-17-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Morning!!

On my way out the door but just wanted to say hello!!

Purplrks - we must be sharing the grumpy pants. I’m feeling it too. Also in need of an attitude adjustment.

Going to chose to make today positive. Also going to actively seek out some opportunities to pay it forward.

Happy Tuesday!!
Old 04-17-2018, 05:07 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Looking forward is good, Sam.

Quiet one for me...finished my brick path in my little front area from recycled bricks...half of which my neighbour gave me. The one with the plastic water filled bottle picket fence.
Then borrowed another heap of doco's..I watch/listen to them while doing stuff- like painting, writing, cleaning. I am surprised at how 'clean' I have become. My latest focus is bedding...be-c I have weird skin..I cannot stand to think of all the stuff my bedding may collect..so I air it all daily and change everything twice a week.
Watching a good doco about the city of Berlin...as told through it's building and stuff. The good and bad- but most of all- it's ambivalence.
Also recovery work..the ACA has opened up a very large can of worms.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Morning. Caught up on sleep and have a good day planned. Meeting, word an hour, meeting, work.

53 days down and on track for 90 in 90.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Love and good morning and pictures please please PJ....I need to see the brick path.

Old 04-17-2018, 06:13 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning Marchers.

Have a headache this morning but I'm hoping it's nothing a shower and a cup of coffee can't fix.

Not gonna drink today. No matter what.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Checking in....still working on the attitude adjustment....struggling with posting here, then later on my "F---it Mr. Hyde" side takes over and I forget all about having made myself accountable, then I'm too embarrassed to check in again....you know, the usual cycle. Day 3 I think, but who's counting? Thanks everyone for putting up with me
Old 04-17-2018, 07:28 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I am going to check in with you darling Purps....sending love. ♥♥
Old 04-17-2018, 08:08 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning Marchers. Feeling lousy this morning. Dunno' why!!!
Old 04-17-2018, 08:12 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Well that's not good.
How can we help you to feel better?
Maybe this.....

Old 04-17-2018, 08:29 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Add me to the feeling lousy group. My wee one got up crazy early but didn’t go back to sleep with me.

I need more startin fluid
Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

s

K....making chocolate or caramel lattes.....your choice. s
Old 04-17-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Confession: I have never had a latte before. 🤷🏻 I drink my coffee plain black, no sugar, cream.....nothing. ☕️
Old 04-17-2018, 09:23 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Confession here too, I make my own version which is a double espresso....with just a little A2 no-fat milk added at the end. Or maybe it's 2%...best milk I can find here.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:47 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi marcheros. Sorry to hear that some of you are feeling bad or are just plain cranky. I am still a little tired but feeling reasonably good. Work is still an aggravation, but I’ve been through worse.

Missy, I hope your dad’s condition improves. I’m not 100% familiar with CHF, but it sounds not so great.

Be good - don’t drink
Old 04-17-2018, 10:54 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

Confession here too, I make my own version which is a double espresso....with just a little A2 no-fat milk added at the end. Or maybe it's 2%...best milk I can find here.
I am a bit of a coffee addict. I have a drip maker, a Keurig, an espresso maker and a French press. I even keep some instant around for emergencies . Sometimes I make Cowboy coffee, just to practice. When I need a quick jolt I will chew up some coffee beans. My “go to” is the regular drip machine. I’ve considered buying an old school percolator, but I think my wife would hit me with it, or worse!!
Old 04-17-2018, 11:18 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I’m a total French press gal and I use a burr grinder. I actually own 3 French presses.

MITA I love to munch on coffee beans. My husband always shakes his head when I do 😝
Old 04-17-2018, 11:39 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

You guys are awesome.....coffee people....ahhh......how wonderful.
I have three espresso makers, 2 are delonghi and identical but one is from Aus....I sent it over and Nick rigged up an Aussie 240v power outlet for me where the dryer plugs in, but it still doesn't work right. And the US one doesn't either....so I bought a Nespresso Pod Machine and I am in very expensive heaven. Currently looking for a job to support my coffee needs.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:53 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

lol

2 keurigs no, 3 - my daughter took one to school, drip and french press. I want the Nespresso Pod Machine. We are definitely addicts here.

Speaking of addicts, apparently that is not the proper vernacular anymore. So, if I offend anyone, I'm sorry.

My sponsor celebrates 14 years tonight so we are hitting up a meditation meeting together. That should be different.

My dad is still struggling. Has too much fluid around his heart so he is having trouble breathing. It doesn't usually take this long for them to fix him. Getting a little worried.

Get happy people, today is haiku day.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

April 17, 2018
– NATIONAL BAT APPRECIATION DAY
– NATIONAL HAIKU POETRY DAY
– NATIONAL CHEESEBALL DAY
– NATIONAL ELLIS ISLAND FAMILY HISTORY DAY
Old 04-17-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

Every time we go to an A.A. meeting, every time we say the Lord's Prayer, every time we have a quiet time before breakfast, we're paying a premium on our insurance against taking that first drink. And every time we help another alcoholic, we're making a large payment on our drink insurance. We're making sure that our policy doesn't lapse. Am I building up an endowment in serenity, peace, and happiness that will put me on easy street for the rest of my life?

Meditation for the Day

I gain faith by my own experience of God's power in my life. The constant, persistent recognition of God's spirit in all my personal relationships, the ever accumulating weight of evidence in support of God's guidance, the numberless instances in which seeming chance or wonderful coincidence can be traced to God's purpose in my life. All these things gradually engender a feeling of wonder, humility, and gratitude to God. These in turn are followed by a more sure and abiding faith in God and His purposes.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that my faith may be strengthened every day. I pray that I may find confirmation of my life in the good things that have come into my life.