Notices

Class of March 2016 part 69

Old 04-18-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
This is magnificent. I'm happy to hear that we have so many serious coffee fans here - it warms my heart.

I had a massive, disorienting episode today. I had to pick up some dry cleaning and right next to that is a liquor store. My brain was very keen on getting something - I was literally walking around in circles trying to get my head straight. I misplaced my wallet to start and then (it showed up in my trunk - don't ask me how), when I got back to my car, I found that I had left my door open - I just never remembered to shut it. Fortunately, there is nothing in my car worth taking. I felt like such an idiot. Whatever - I'm embracing my idiocy right now

When at the cleaners
Don't leave your car door open
Weirdos might get in
Great job MITA! I agree that your higher power was looking out for you & hid your wallet in the trunk! That gave you more time to think through the drink and see that at the bottom of a bottle is pure hell and misery. Proud of you!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:01 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
I'm in PJ's pretty early tonight. My feel bad has hurt all day. Gonna' see if I can get some good sleep and maybe tomorrow I'll be all better.
I hope you feel better today!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
I battled the hag for most of the day. 😡 I was determined to go to bed sober and I am! Suck on that hag!

Good night everyone!
PR-1
HAG-0

Great job PR!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:03 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good Hump Day Afternoon!

I'm in a groove and working it hard. I have forced my work hours so that I can do what I need to with just a few exceptions...nine meetings a week and I'm really feeling it.

I'm having coffee with a potential sponsor in the morning. I'm trying to avoid worrying about what I am and am not willing to do. Going with the program!

Bobbie--I hope your Dad is okay.
And I'm sorry Man in the Arena--I know what you are talking about. It's a wrestling match every day. Speaking of wrestling matches--what is the incident in the Bible, is it Satan and Gabriel? I know it only as a reference from the play "Angels in America" when the protagonist is trying to come to terms with being gay. Hmmmmm...I know how to find out.....

My internal foe
Hums a tune he knows I know
I forget the words

I don't know why I would be agitated; I'm doing well. I'm peaceful and getting ready to go watch my gson play baseball on a Sunny Oregon afternoon. Nothing to gripe about. But I'm listening to the Big Book on audio and we have arrived at the stories. I'm afraid they trigger me a bit...

Grrr. Happy. Grrr. 55 days.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by samantha14 View Post
Morning!!

Excellent job MITA and PR!! Way to beat that nasty hag!! ��

Continued prayers Bobbie. ❤️

Hope you slept well BBG and that you wake up feeling all sparkly. ��

On my way to work. Supposedly this is going to be the last day of bad weather before the official Spring thaw. We shall see.

Hope you all have a magnificent hump day!!
Hope you had a good day Sam! We are hoping for a spring thaw soon too! It’s seeiously the NEVER ENDING WINTER!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Have a great day Marchers! Kick that hag to the curb. Let’s have a sober hump day.
Hey Apple! How ARE you?
Old 04-18-2018, 05:07 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
As I learn, listen, read, write, paint and grow...perhaps therein lies a little wisdom.
A smarty person at SR, a feline from a different planet...triggered a process that sees me being more whole than I have felt...most likely ever.

I am not, nor ever will be forgiving of the person I was...preburns. BUT- I have reason enough now, to start to be proud of who and what I am now.

Thanks, smarty person. She knows who she is...(:-)>
Awwww....this is so awesome Phoenix! I really hope to get where you are one day. You have worked so hard and I admire you so much!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Wow.....what I read, was that when your head was spinning and your AV was screaming at you, your wallet was safely ensconced in the trunk? That sounds like God/the universe on your side to me....♥
I agree Suze!!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:10 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Oh hello....everyone.....did the internet go down?
Miss you ...... ♥♥

Hi Suze!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:14 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Good Hump Day Afternoon!

I'm in a groove and working it hard. I have forced my work hours so that I can do what I need to with just a few exceptions...nine meetings a week and I'm really feeling it.

I'm having coffee with a potential sponsor in the morning. I'm trying to avoid worrying about what I am and am not willing to do. Going with the program!

And I'm sorry Man in the Arena--I know what you are talking about. It's a wrestling match every day. Speaking of wrestling matches--what is the incident in the Bible, is it Satan and Gabriel? I know it only as a reference from the play "Angels in America" when the protagonist is trying to come to terms with being gay. Hmmmmm...I know how to find out.....

My internal foe
I forget the words

I don't know why I would be agitated; I'm doing well. I'm peaceful and getting ready to go watch my gson play baseball on a Sunny Oregon afternoon. Nothing to gripe about. But I'm listening to the Big Book on audio and we have arrived at the stories. I'm afraid they trigger me a bit...

Hey Missy! Congrats on 55 days. I’m glad you are getting a sponsor. For me and many others the only way to put a stop to the constant “wrestling match” with the old hag is the 12 Steps. Not sure how it works but it does!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:15 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Well...gonna go eat some pizza and watch NBA basketball. Love you guys! 😊
Old 04-18-2018, 05:17 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good Hump Day Afternoon!

My internal foe
I forget the words

Gosh love, you are doing kind of amazing.

I remember that place....can't say it is the same as what you feel....but the agitation....I was so keen for more. And I wanted it now. I felt the change and I felt the discomfort.....it ended up being for me: why didn't I do this before? Why did this never work for me before now? And it bothered me and I was propelled and discomforted.

The answer is: Keep It Simple. It was for me.
Cos it sure took a long time to sort out who I was.
But I got there. And it's good now.

Love you Missy. Very much. xx ♥
Old 04-18-2018, 05:18 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

KiKi: During my hiatus one of my beloved little dogs got very, very sick. She had a stomach issue which caused her to lose a lot of weight (from 4 lbs to 2.5 lbs--she was like carrying a dish rag). We had to have so much work done on her, including removal of one eye--so every time I see your Avatar....

$9,000.00! My sister paid half for me (she was originally her little dog) but man. What a battle we waged.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

On observation....

I often forget where I put things. In part the instant memory recall failure is a direct result of the burns trauma and the drugs pumped into me and of course, booze. Just instant mem. I can get out of my car...half way to my unit- have no idea where my phone is. Or shoes, or coffee..I always get stressed by this and have to do the mindful crap. Instead of just leaping in to a mad rush of frantic searching..I breathe, calm down and retrace my steps...from now- back.
Routine and using CBT helps, as does brain exercises- like chess and word puzzles (not up to sdukioioio).
I forget more- when I am stressed..and when my focus either wanders from the task at hand..or I get a thought stuck in my head. I now know, for example NOT to rethink and ruminate thoughts while driving, or walking in busy streets with heavy traffic..I redouble my efforts to refocus on driving safely, crossing the street and not becoming bus-mush. I am slowly getting better.
In the recovery program..at each stage I locked my keys in my room, then unit/s...whenever I thought about the divorce crap.
Since then- I have made it a routine NOT to go outside (even for a ciggie) without having my keys in my pocket. I do it without thinking now. In my new digs, I have not lost or locked out..my keys.
The brain is a remarkable piece of natural engineering, but takes time to heal and adapt....given all the memories, experiences and emotions we have.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:06 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Gosh love, you are doing kind of amazing.

I remember that place....can't say it is the same as what you feel....but the agitation....I was so keen for more. And I wanted it now. I felt the change and I felt the discomfort.....it ended up being for me: why didn't I do this before? Why did this never work for me before now? And it bothered me and I was propelled and discomforted.

The answer is: Keep It Simple. It was for me.
Cos it sure took a long time to sort out who I was.
But I got there. And it's good now.

Love you Missy. Very much. xx ♥
You’re awesome Suze...you know that???
Old 04-18-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

KiKi: During my hiatus one of my beloved little dogs got very, very sick. She had a stomach issue which caused her to lose a lot of weight (from 4 lbs to 2.5 lbs--she was like carrying a dish rag). We had to have so much work done on her, including removal of one eye--so every time I see your Avatar....

$9,000.00! My sister paid half for me (she was originally her little dog) but man. What a battle we waged.

You know what??? I think it’s time to change my avatar! I’ve been wanting to do it for a while.....
Old 04-18-2018, 06:12 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Let me eat my ice cream first! Lol
Old 04-18-2018, 06:35 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Yay! I love my new avatar! I’m no longer a kitten...I’m a LION! A fighter. A warrior. A survivor! We ALL are!

Old 04-18-2018, 06:44 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Test
Old 04-18-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

One more test