Notices

Class of March 2016 part 69

Old 04-16-2018, 12:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of March 2016 part 69

last part:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-68-a-21.html (Class of March 2016 part 68)

D
Old 04-16-2018, 12:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If I mistake not, there is some significance attached to making the first post in a new thread, n'est-ce pas?

Thanks, Dee
Old 04-16-2018, 01:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
If I mistake not, there is some significance attached to making the first post in a new thread, n'est-ce pas?

Thanks, Dee
There is. You have to declare:

Old 04-16-2018, 01:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

^
Old 04-16-2018, 01:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Nice work on Shotgun Caramel. Thanks for our new home D. xxx
Old 04-16-2018, 01:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Hahahaha Kiki unfortunately going bra-less is not an option for me...after 3 babies gravity has well and truly taken over.
Trachemys does your Rotator cuff injury really affect your sleep? I have found I can't sleep on my right arm...far too painful. ...and because I roll around a lot I'm forever waking up when I roll on that arm.
I'm starting the Casey chant again...Casey....Casey....Casey......
Old 04-16-2018, 02:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Trachemys does your Rotator cuff injury really affect your sleep? I have found I can't sleep on my right arm...far too painful. ...and because I roll around a lot I'm forever waking up when I roll on that arm.
Oh, yeah. I have a brace I wear when it gets bad. Keeps it in a good place.
Old 04-16-2018, 04:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just back from an ACA meeting. I am learning a lot about me...from listening carefully to others. Many things seem to have (or are) falling into place...with foo and my upbringing. I do not blame my folks...but I need to understand...then accept, then let go- then perhaps forgive me...and them.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I have been taking care of grandkids this weekend and had extremely limited time for things like taking care of myself. I am behind on meetings, that’s not true. I am up two or three meetings on my 90 in 90 so missing meetings this weekend won’t hurt that. However. I really feel it.

Just two days not attending and I feel nervous about going and I’m trying to trick myself into thinking I don’t need to… Such bull.

I’m going to hit at 630. I will check in with you guys later
Old 04-16-2018, 06:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Weird weekend in Bobbie's world.

My dad is in the hospital with congestive heart failure. He is doing much better. He is having cardiac cath done today. A little prayer in his favor would be appreciated.

Saturday was a visit to see Nathan (his daughter and her mom were with me) then we went to visit my dad. Kamry was so freaking funny. (she takes after me)
Saturday night I had the other 2 for the night. Just putting it out there - my husband and I are no matches for a 3 year old. period. Sophia kicks our butt. It was a lot of fun. My husband says he needs a weekend off. lol

I left my phone at home. Don't judge. Maybe I am doing it on purpose. I feel like I am too plugged in lately. I step away for a bit just to dive right back in. Sound familiar? Oh, yeah, I'm an addict.

Hope you all have the best most awesome day ever.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:50 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Missy7 View Post
Good morning all. I have been taking care of grandkids this weekend and had extremely limited time for things like taking care of myself. I am behind on meetings, that’s not true. I am up two or three meetings on my 90 in 90 so missing meetings this weekend won’t hurt that. However. I really feel it.

Just two days not attending and I feel nervous about going and I’m trying to trick myself into thinking I don’t need to… Such bull.

I’m going to hit at 630. I will check in with you guys later
Great job, recognizing the lies. Proud of you for getting back this morning. Great way to begin the day.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Just back from an ACA meeting. I am learning a lot about me...from listening carefully to others. Many things seem to have (or are) falling into place...with foo and my upbringing. I do not blame my folks...but I need to understand...then accept, then let go- then perhaps forgive me...and them.
This sounds really good. I'm glad for you.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

April 13, 2018
– NATIONAL SCRABBLE DAY
– NATIONAL MAKE LUNCH COUNT DAY
– NATIONAL BLAME SOMEONE ELSE DAY
– NATIONAL DONATE LIFE BLUE & GREEN DAY
– NATIONAL PEACH COBBLER DAY
– NATIONAL THOMAS JEFFERSON DAY
Old 04-16-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It was all Casey's fault.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

In A.A. we have insurance. Our faith in God is a kind of insurance against the terrible things that might happen to us if we ever drink again. By putting our drink problem in the hands of God, we've taken out a sort of insurance policy, which insures us against the ravages of drink, as our homes are insured against destruction by fire. Am I paying my A.A. insurance premiums regularly?

Meditation for the Day

I must try to love all humanity. Love comes from thinking of every man or woman as your brother or sister, because they are children of God. This way of thinking makes me care enough about them to really want to help them. I must put this kind of love into action by serving others. Love means no severe judging, no resentments, no malicious gossip, and no destructive criticism. It means patience, under standing, compassion, and helpfulness.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may realize that God loves me, since He is the Father of us all. I pray that I in turn may have love for all of His children.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Today is a freezer cooking day for me. Big ole chicken stew!

Good to see ya' Casey. I wasn't trying to be a pest. Just worried about you!
Old 04-16-2018, 08:11 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hello all,

Just checking in sober today.

Everything else in life is pretty hectic and chaotic... but these days I'm happy just to observe it - whilst also acknowledging my part in proceedings...

Back in the day, I would have been busy spending enormous ( wasted ) energy to arrange the universe to suit my own preferred configuration.

Just a reflection.

Stay well friends.

Fradley
Old 04-16-2018, 08:14 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Morning!

A sheet of ice has settled over my little part of the world and it’s still raining. Ugh. We have gone from warnings of power outages to warnings of flooding. Hoping it stops soon.

Bobbie - praying for your Dad and glad you had a nice love-filled weekend. ❤️

Casey - happy to see you. P.S. I think it’s Bobbie’s fault.

Thanks for the new thread Dee!!

Well off to do some shoveling (more like ice picking) and try to get out to do some groceries.

Happy Monday - said no one ever!
Old 04-16-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Hahahaha Kiki unfortunately going bra-less is not an option for me...after 3 babies gravity has well and truly taken over.
Lol. Me either! 3 babies too! Ha!
Old 04-16-2018, 08:37 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Yes.

And gosh you are amazing love.....this work you are doing on your life and yourself and your future....just such a beautiful power of example.

I can tell you from my own path, that getting to that point of forgiveness is true freedom. I carried around a ball and chain for a lot of years....my family life was a nightmare. We suffered and then I became a monster. And had a lot of hate and resentment.

I remember the exact moment when I found peace with my dad, the moment I completely forgave him....the feeling of love was so overwhelming that I could barely cope with it.

I still haven't forgiven myself though. I never will. But like you, (I think), acceptance is plenty good enough, is what I strive for.