Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 44

Old 01-17-2018, 08:17 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Hi gang! Snow day here. Got the call at 5am. Daughter still sleeping!

Life has been busy. House renovation contract signed, and filed for permitting. I’ve got lots of decisions to make on details, which takes lots of time. But it fun stuff, of course.

Kids are good , but been keeping me busy with medical appointments. Son slipped on a wet basketball gym floor and has a fracture in his proximal humerus, which was not humorous! But, it’s not a big fracture, and he’s in a sling, and will need PT and all of that. Worst is he’s out of basketball, and had a great team. My daughter’s headaches are much more managed, but the meds make her tired. Still regular follow up with doctors and tests. Waiting on eeg results.

Daughter has 5 college acceptances, and two hefty scholarships, and waiting on last scholarship, to make her choice! I hope she’ll be feeling well by August, and will be ready to go!

I’ve joined Weight Watchers online, with two friends. I’d gained weight having to eat low fiber for 6 months. All those carbs. Good news is I feel good and can work on losing that weight now. It sure goes on more easily than it comes off. :/

I hope you are all well. I see Arbor, you had a milestone, congratulations!

Briar, were you spared the mudslides?

Greetings Leigh, Suze, Dee, Mark! Mark, I didn’t read back past the current thread, but am thinking of your family, and your son.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:23 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hello, phoebe. Really wonderful to see you.

So sorry about your son's fall. Hope he heals very quickly!

Good to hear that your daughter has had some relief from the headaches. Prayers continue.

A huge congratulations on your daughter's college acceptances and scholarship. Well done!!!!

Good luck with house renovation and selections. Nerve wracking but exciting, too
Old 01-17-2018, 09:23 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hello, all.

Have a very lovely day.

Hope that you are having a restful night, Dee.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Be back later, if I can.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well hello there phoebe and great news on your daughter's turn of events with school options and scholarships! Sorry about your son's fracture though. Good thing about youth is that he'll snap back in no time.

And then there's guys like me of a certain age (not so young). I'm not sure if I've mentioned but this last year brought meds for hypertension for me and it's yet to be under control. At my appointment last Friday he asked if I'd taken my medicine that morning and I said yes and he raised his brow and pronounced that it is still 170/100. He then went on to say that my cholesterol is still ok but creeping up. . It seems a little tweaking of my diet is in order.

I like winter but I gotta say that a temp above freezing will be fine with me. I dread seeing this next natural gas bill. So it's dentist tomorrow and then a weekend just around the corner. I hope everyone is well and warm.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:02 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear of the health woes, but you live pretty well these days, Mark. Sometimes hereditary is at play, too. Don’t be too hard on yourself. But, I fight the same battles. Cholesterol is the biggie. Familial tendency, but longevity reigns in that side of my family, too. Curious. My father died of dementia, not his cholesterol. There is some link to dementia and the cholesterol meds...I’m reading up before taking them, just based on my personal family history.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:29 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Sorry to hear of the health woes, but you live pretty well these days, Mark. Sometimes hereditary is at play, too. Don’t be too hard on yourself. But, I fight the same battles. Cholesterol is the biggie. Familial tendency, but longevity reigns in that side of my family, too. Curious. My father died of dementia, not his cholesterol. There is some link to dementia and the cholesterol meds...I’m reading up before taking them, just based on my personal family history.
I have heard about that link I associated with Lipator (sp?)
Old 01-17-2018, 08:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Well hello there phoebe and great news on your daughter's turn of events with school options and scholarships! Sorry about your son's fracture though. Good thing about youth is that he'll snap back in no time.

And then there's guys like me of a certain age (not so young). I'm not sure if I've mentioned but this last year brought meds for hypertension for me and it's yet to be under control. At my appointment last Friday he asked if I'd taken my medicine that morning and I said yes and he raised his brow and pronounced that it is still 170/100. He then went on to say that my cholesterol is still ok but creeping up. . It seems a little tweaking of my diet is in order.

I like winter but I gotta say that a temp above freezing will be fine with me. I dread seeing this next natural gas bill. So it's dentist tomorrow and then a weekend just around the corner. I hope everyone is well and warm.
You seem to be doing everything right, Mark.

Sometimes, it boils down to genetics.
Old 01-17-2018, 08:31 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Goodnight and love to all.

Have a very fine day, Dee.
Old 01-18-2018, 04:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Good morning.

Genetics. Sometimes good, sometimes not so much. The blood pressure is for sure a family tendency and I had to watch it since college. Just always been able to manage fine with diet/exercise. I gotta say I've been ultra careful with carbs and sugar for a long time but not careful for bacon,butter,dressings etc.. We'll see what I can do about that. I do not want to take cholesterol meds if possible to avoid.

Oh well. 12 degrees here and gotta warm the car for gym time! Happy Thursday all.
Old 01-18-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Love to you and your sweet son dearest phoebe. I hope he heals fast.
And Congrats to your girl on all of those offers! Wow! You must be so proud.

Mark love ~ you know about Nick's BP I think....he has now found out that a lot of the high BP is from something in his neck. Not a doctor, so not going to go into it here, but if you ever want to chat about it, that would be good.

Love to all of the beautiful Octsobers. ;grouphug:
Old 01-18-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

24 degrees here!

Nothing compared to what others are going through.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:01 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Have a lovely day, all.

Be back later.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hope that you are sleeping soundly, Dee! ❤️
Old 01-18-2018, 03:25 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Goodnight.

Love to all. ❤️
Old 01-18-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Good to see you, Phoebe! Sounds like your kids are doing well. That’s great!
Old 01-19-2018, 08:32 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

A very good day to all! ❤️

Hope you are sleeping well, Dee! ❤️
Old 01-19-2018, 08:33 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Be back later
Old 01-20-2018, 09:42 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

A good Saturday to all!

Dee, hoping you are having a peaceful night.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Good morning gang.

I hope you're feeling well today Leigh. And you too Suze, re your jaw.

Wife and I had a bit of a round yesterday as I finally decided to express how some things make me feel. Why do I find that soooo hard to do!? Anyway, it didn't go over so well initially but maybe today the air will have cleared. So it was early to bed and now up and around for a quiet cuppa. Sister messaged me yesterday to join her for coffee this morning. I always enjoy our time.

Mostly sunny and 70 today so I plan an afternoon of outside activity and a lot of vitamins D! Steak and twice baked potato this evening for a cheat meal. Yum.

Wishing each of you the best day.