SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of October 2014 Part 44 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/421855-class-october-2014-part-44-a.html)

Dee74 01-13-2018 04:13 PM

Class of October 2014 Part 44

continues from here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-43-a-21.html
D

SoberLeigh 01-13-2018 04:17 PM

Thank you, Dee! ❤️

Mark1014 01-13-2018 07:29 PM

Something good about doing a big physical chore like that wood splitting I think. Such a genuine natural-feeling tired rather than the stressed out frazzled kind of tired. Anyway, I had to look up exactly what a cord of wood is. I've heard the term my whole life but didn't know how it was measured.

Been purging stuff from my study today. Not quite a manly as splitting wood but feels good to clear out clutter.

Wife away for the evening, so time for Netflix travels I guess.

Briar 01-13-2018 09:04 PM

Hi guys, I hope you all are well. I'm feeling a lot better today and was able to work on my daughter's room which has needed purging and redecorating for a very long time. A couple hours of digging crap out of every corner, and a trip to Ross, and the place looks charming. She's very happy.

I did some portrait photography, which I always enjoy. Those of you on Facebook with me can see a little of what I got. Someday I should get a decent camera, although honestly all I do with my photos is put them on FB and send them to my mom, so they really don't need to be high quality.

Here's hoping tomorrow will be another good one!

SoberLeigh 01-14-2018 10:15 AM

Good afternoon, all.

Did a little container gardening this morning (mostly arrangement of some beautiful new containers and soil prepping)mans arranged some new decorative pillows. The outdoor living space looks welcoming.

Have a good day, everyone.

SoberLeigh 01-14-2018 10:16 AM

Be back later!

Arbor 01-14-2018 10:26 AM

128 cubic feet, Mark (4x4x8). It is a good workout. It’s all piled up now minus one cord stacked on two pallets right behind the chimney. Easy access next yr. Need to move the remaining pile to the desired location all the way on the other side of the property behind the shed and then stack it. Wife let me know yesterday that she didn’t prefer MY original location as she doesn’t want to see the wood thus making the job three times as difficult. Another major project (and workout) to be had.

There’s an art to stacking it I’ve learned and it looks wonderful in the end. What’s not to like? My location also had a lot of trees and vegetation that come spring you wouldn’t see the glorious stack anyhow. Not worth arguing about mind you, but all that wood isn’t going to fit behind the shed anyway. She will see. Grab a wheel barrow and help a man out!

Mark1014 01-14-2018 10:52 AM

Sounds very inviting to me Leigh. :)

100% I'd help you out Arbor if you weren't about a day and a half drive from here!

A few more sets here at fitness place then to plan the balance of the day.

Arbor 01-14-2018 11:36 AM

Anytime, bud. Anytime. :)

SoberLeigh 01-14-2018 01:29 PM

Happy Milestone Day, Arbor!!! ❤️

:nyy

SoberLeigh 01-14-2018 01:29 PM

Happy Milestone Day, Arbor!!! ❤️

Two years, 4 months!!! ❤️

Arbor 01-14-2018 01:41 PM

Wow, I didn’t even realize Leigh. Thank you. You made my afternoon. :)

venuscat 01-14-2018 01:41 PM

I never forget you Arbor.....you are on the anniversary list in the 24 love. :hug:

SoberLeigh 01-14-2018 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Arbor (Post 6747284)
Wow, I didn’t even realize Leigh. Thank you. You made my afternoon. :)

:)

Arbor 01-14-2018 01:51 PM

Yes, I love that V. Thank you. I should pop in!

SoberLeigh 01-14-2018 02:02 PM

Phoebe, Conquest, BrighterDayz????

Miss you

Briar 01-14-2018 07:21 PM

Congrats Arbor!

Another good day. Tired though. I spent the entire day at my friend's work helping her clean her office. She is brilliant and a very successful manager, but she has ADHD and has a hard time streamlining her workflow. I offered to help her gut her office of years worth of chaos, and she took me up on it. We tossed a staggering amount of crap she didn't even know she had, and she seemed to take in my pep talks. After 9 hours, it's looking good, and she's breathing a lot easier. I'm really glad I was able to do something substantial to help her rather than just offering emotional support from outside the situation. I appreciated the opportunity to be a true friend to her. I feel good about myself, not at all resentful, and I'm reminded of how I felt so guilty when my friend T helped get me into rehab, but he told me it was an honor to help a friend through something so difficult. I'm lucky I've got a lot of true friendship in my life.

Dee74 01-14-2018 07:49 PM

you're a good friend Briar :)

congrats Arbor :)

D

SoberLeigh 01-14-2018 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by Briar (Post 6747714)
Congrats Arbor!

Another good day. Tired though. I spent the entire day at my friend's work helping her clean her office. She is brilliant and a very successful manager, but she has ADHD and has a hard time streamlining her workflow. I offered to help her gut her office of years worth of chaos, and she took me up on it. We tossed a staggering amount of crap she didn't even know she had, and she seemed to take in my pep talks. After 9 hours, it's looking good, and she's breathing a lot easier. I'm really glad I was able to do something substantial to help her rather than just offering emotional support from outside the situation. I appreciated the opportunity to be a true friend to her. I feel good about myself, not at all resentful, and I'm reminded of how I felt so guilty when my friend T helped get me into rehab, but he told me it was an honor to help a friend through something so difficult. I'm lucky I've got a lot of true friendship in my life.

You did a very good thing today, dear Briar!

SoberLeigh 01-14-2018 08:52 PM

Goodnight, all.

See you tomorrow.

Sweet dreams!