Notices

Class of March 2016 part 61

Old 11-19-2017, 09:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Also, I have to be a little more honest here. I’m trying all kinds of things lately to stay sober, but the truth is lately my mind has been consumed almost all the time with drinking. It used to wait to kick in until later in the day, but right now it’s pretty constant. I get this strange, almost queesy feeling as I think about it. Almost a pre-drinking nausea. Anyone else ever get this?

I think I’m gonna go to the movies today for a distraction. I’ll sit through 2 or 3 if I have to.

My apologies for being a downer here.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Mish- biblical numbers..40 days and 40 nights keep fighting the good fight
Upstairs- well done you about the Wedding. When we put on our adulting pants, we learn the world still turns- on it's terms. I think it is good you did not drink.
Old 11-19-2017, 11:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

MITA- it is not the thoughts that hurt or do damage, but what we do in actions. The fact that you did not drink is testament to this. Distraction is a good way to divert one's own attention from booze. I think you done good.
Sam- Dr Phoenix remibds you od the basics when stuff like stress from work creeps in..remember HALTS. Especially the rest, eat, hydrate bit.
Hi to all. 0600 Monday here.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

AND...A big change in routine this week. I really pushed going to metings hard in the last 18 months. Well now - I have basically halved the number I go to (from 6 to 3 a week) and replacing it with serious gym work and art- with tuition. Both of these are offered free for me by the recovery program and I had put them on hold- pushing the meeting bit. I have also replaced one of the 3 meetings with SMART from AA. The difference in perspective is very useful.
Be happy March flys.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I'm glad the weekend is over! I know that's weird.....I'm bass-ackwards where if I have help at work, I'm more exhausted after my shift...my anxiety skyrockets if I'm depending on someone else to do some of the work ~ next thing I know I'm doing a juggling act with the two-legged creatures....who the hell put me in charge? In the morning I'm like "I can go to the gym after work"....7+ hours later I'm like

Thanks for letting me vent....I think it's pajama time & maybe some mindful meditation.....
Old 11-19-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Venting is good, purp.
Just went and done my seasonal blood donating bit. BP and pulse low, Hg good- textbook in fact. I want to not only donate whole blood (3 monthly) but plasma (2 weekly). They said no, no ,no! The first 2 nurses to see my veins would not go near them and waited for the expert to drill for oil. I give very well- but it is the only one I can use for donation be-c right arm (burns) is off limits.
Old 11-19-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Re-Member

You're not being a downer, MITA. Talking about stuff like this is exactly what this place is for. Hope the movie is good and that the thoughts go away. Phoenix is exactly right about the difference between thinking and taking action. Don't drink. It's not the answer no matter how much our addiction wants us to think otherwise.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Stay close, MITA ~ and you are not being a downer....maybe just a phase that needs to be pushed through....(easier said than done, right?!?)

I may turn in early & check back in tomorrow....thanks guys for being here....couldn't imagine doing this by myself!
Old 11-19-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Going home from my son’s. Had a great day with the babies.

Have a good evening, March people. You can get past this, MITA.

Great job, Mish.
Old 11-19-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
MITA- it is not the thoughts that hurt or do damage, but what we do in actions. The fact that you did not drink is testament to this. Distraction is a good way to divert one's own attention from booze. I think you done good.
Sam- Dr Phoenix remibds you od the basics when stuff like stress from work creeps in..remember HALTS. Especially the rest, eat, hydrate bit.
Hi to all. 0600 Monday here.
Thanks for the words of wisdom, Blue Whale. You are right. And thanks everyone else for the support. I went to go see Thor (in 3D!!). It was pretty good and helped me get my mind in a different place.

Have a good night everyone
Old 11-19-2017, 05:11 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I never did go see Thor and now it's already not showing in IMAX 3D here. Grr. I'll probably just wait until it's released on video at this point.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:31 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Seeing it in regular 3D was pretty good. Looking forward to the new Star Wars in December. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that the original movie came out when I was in high school.

I did spend some time after the movie just doing some basic reading on alcoholism. While I certainly don’t need a test to let me know I have a problem, I did come across the 11 question diagnostic that U.S. medical providers use to determine if someone has “alcohol use disorder”. My results were kind of sad and pretty scary. It wasn’t a fun exercise, but it certainly puts those thoughts of “ive been good and can have 1 or 2 drinks” away for the time being.

It’s just 3:30am here, so I’m going to try and get a little more sleep. Happy that I made it through yesterday
Old 11-20-2017, 02:45 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HelenofTroy View Post
Now whenever my AV pops up to tell me that I *could* have just a drink I remember that I really don't want a drink; I want a bunch of drinks. Therein lies my problem.
This was in the One Year and Under thread ~ I was like holy crap, me too! Just thought I'd share
Old 11-20-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Meh...meh meh meh. That sums up my day today. Sober but Meh
Old 11-20-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Below freezing here this morning. I guess Fall has really fell. Thank goodness for startin' fluid!
Old 11-20-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Wake up Marchers!

Have to be at work early today. Blah. Time to make the coffee and not make the turkey bacon.

I'm not gonna drink today. Not one, not two, not twenty.
Old 11-20-2017, 06:35 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Wake up Marchers!

Have to be at work early today. Blah. Time to make the coffee and not make the turkey bacon.

I'm not gonna drink today. Not one, not two, not twenty.
Casey, your posts often remind me of Dr. Seuss. I mean that in the nicest way. It’s great to start the day with some positive thoughts that also make me chuckle. Thanks.

Startin’ fluid cup #2 in hand. Have a great day
Old 11-20-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I will not drink with a fox
I will not drink in a box
Old 11-20-2017, 07:10 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I will not drink here or there.
I will not drink anywhere.
Old 11-20-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Morning everyone!

Was a really eventful weekend. I attended the annual AA banquet Saturday night. It was actually pretty fun. I kind of had that familiar anxiety issue hours before and almost backed out. Glad I went. The speaker was phenomenal. 77th annual, they did a countdown of sobriety - there were people there with 45 years. They still attend the meetings, they continue to pass it on. I find that part amazing.

Yesterday at my son's my husband was helping them with their Christmas decorations and they were cleaning some stuff out and he overheard my DIL say, "let's give the extra car seat to your mom." Huge, huge steps for us as I have not been allowed to drive with the kids. Made me want to cry. Just wanted to share that with you all. Sobriety really is the gift that keeps giving.

Have a great day friends!!