Notices

Class of March 2016 part 61

Old 11-17-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I hope you are all doing well!!!

I pissed my husband off today by RSVP-ing "NO" to his cousin's wedding at the end of December. I was planning to go until I read the invitation today. Basically it is a very short wedding and then a booze-fest at a Pub with free alcohol. THEN..."just in case you aren't drunk enough" (it says that in the invitation) there will be a pub-crawl after! Really?!? Is there actually a wedding somewhere in there??? Dumb.

I stood my ground and told my husband that I would rather clean horse S-hit all day than go watch people get drunk. He's mad but I don't care! He doesn't support my sobriety & never will.
Yea, they probably think they're being fun. I'm off to a wedding tomorrow. The bride thinks some of her family will embarrass themselves if there's alcohol, so there won't be any at the reception (I'm on the grooms side of the family btw). I kinda wish some drinking was allowed, even though I'd be skipping it. Meh.
Old 11-17-2017, 07:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Upstairs View Post
Yea, they probably think they're being fun. I'm off to a wedding tomorrow. The bride thinks some of her family will embarrass themselves if there's alcohol, so there won't be any at the reception (I'm on the grooms side of the family btw). I kinda wish some drinking was allowed, even though I'd be skipping it. Meh.
Now THAT'S my kind of wedding! ZERO alcohol! Hang in there 14th! Good to see you. I've been posting very sporadically lately.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Alcohol..HA! I was thinking before today, that there is one person in 'recovery' with me, that has a simple formula for social events.

Alcohol + anything at all = a good time.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:47 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

That was my formula for YEARS!!!!
Old 11-18-2017, 04:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi all.

Startin' fluid disaster this morning! Forgot to put the carafe in and lost about 2 cups all over the counter before realizing. Cleaned it up, made a little extra, now ready for Saturday 2.0.

Great to see you Kiki! That wedding is a tough situation but sobriety has to be the priority. Whatever it takes. I went to a "dry" wedding two years ago and sidled off while they were taking pictures to have a couple anyway.

Amazing how much headspace I devoted to lining up drinks everywhere I went! Yuck.

Lots of chore stuff on the list today, but the weather is crummy and I'd rather just stay in and read. Read first, chores later maybe.

Have a good day/evening everyone.
Old 11-18-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Pelagic, it’s been a while since I’ve done that but it has happened to me!! It’s amazing how much of a mess it can make.

Chores for me today, too. But that’s okay - I need something to keep busy. Back slowly on the mend, so still no gym or golf or anything like that.

Oh yeah, no drinking either
Old 11-18-2017, 07:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Gloomy lookin' day here. All clabberdy. Supposed to rain. Oh well, startin' fluid is good.

Thinkin' about goin' to Walmart. But it's Saturday before Thanksgiving and probably really crowded. But maybe they'll have TWO checkers! I dunno'.

Think I'll do some cooking for next week.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Morning. Have done that, pelagic. Sucks. But I did smile a little at your expense. That’s a party foul for sure.

Kind of busy Saturday. Hope everyone has a great and sober day.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning Marchites.

Off work today. My plan is do absolutely nothing. And then to do more nothing later on.

Not gonna drink. Because drinking would not be doing nothing. It would be doing something dumb.
Old 11-18-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

TRAGEDY! DISASTER!

Pelagic, you will remember that incident. Now known as 'the crash of '17'
Old 11-18-2017, 03:48 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

First check in of the day. Gotta watch that. Can’t let my accountability start to slip. Have been feeling rather bleak all day. It’s pretty rainy and gloomy here so that doesn’t help. Talked to my therapist today and he said that we need to look at some tweeking/changes to my meds. Have an appointment on Monday.

Kiki - glad to see you!

Pelagic - your coffee story made me smile too. Lol. Sorry. I hear you on the energy wasted on wondering where I would have my next drink, when I would have it, even suggesting going out to dinner just to make drinking seem okay and civilized. Such craziness looking back.

MITA - glad your back is on the mend. Hope your day was productive.

BBG - Walmart here is no different. The busier it is the less cashiers they seem to have. Ah well....let’s me practice my patience

Hi Bobbie!! Happy Saturday!!

Casey - absolutely nothing sounds good! Today was supposed to be my day off, do nothing day too but nope....had to work. Kept me busy though - and that’s never a bad thing

PJ - that was my formula too but now it’s more like - alcohol + anything at all = a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad time.

Hey Purplrks!!

Well I’m off for the night. Going to have some shepherds pie and maybe do a face mask (haven’t done one in forever lol)

Night class!!
Old 11-18-2017, 05:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I hope everyone had a good day! I was productive today. I ran miles this morning and then cleaned out our office the rest of the day. It feels so good to get rid of stuff! I love our shredder!

We had shrimp tacos for dinner & now I am laying down. I'm so tired!

Sam...it's been dark and rainy all day here too. Blah! I hate it! Running this morning helped a little bit. I ran in the rain. It was actually kinda nice.

Have a great night.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Glad you checked in, Sam and Kiki!

Thanks everyone for another sober day....I'm about to turn in....another early day tomorrow so hopefully I'll get some good sleep

Here's to March 2016 ~ The Kickest-ass class!
Old 11-18-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

It's Everybody Loves Raymond time friends. No BBT tonight. Not one episode!!!

Thanks for keeping me sober today!
Old 11-19-2017, 03:01 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Back to the squirrel again.
40 days and 40 nights sober.
Back to work tomorrow...why must the weekend go so fast.
Old 11-19-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Morning!!

Headed into work a little later today. Didn’t sleep well, despite my best efforts. Charlie was up for hours pacing and panting and being very anxious. She gets so scared when it’s windy out and last night the wind was howling. Poor thing. She’s sound asleep now though. Lol

Mish - congrats on 40 days!! That’s awesome!

Kiki - running is so good for the brain. Glad you’re trying it out and that it works for you.

Well better skeddadle - tomorrow is the start of the Appreciation Week and I am still working on the dreaded time machine. I’m not the most creative person that’s fornsure. Lol.

Happy Sunday!!
Old 11-19-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good morning Marchers.

Absolutely nothing day went well. So well that I went to bed before 9 pm.

Back to work today. It's cold-ish here.

Congrats on 40 days, Mish!

Not gonna take that first drink today. Nope, not gonna do it. No matter what.
Old 11-19-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning! Feeling a little tired this A.M. after a pretty good day yesterday, so just gonna take it slow.

MISH/NISH - I missed the squirrel and welcome him back!! Congrats on the 40 days, that is great.

Casey, I am envious of your do nothing day - I may try and do close to the same today. And drinking would be doing something, so I can't do that

Hi Sam!
Old 11-19-2017, 08:28 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hola all! The wedding I attended went very well! It looked like everyone had loads of fun. Except me of course, lol. I have a crapload of social anxiety so being stuck in a room packed with loud, emotional people is a bad thing for me. At least that's over, except for thanksgiving & Christmas. Yep more loud, family functions I have to attend. It's ironic that I never feel lonely when I'm by myself. I only feel that way when I'm surrounded by people I can't bring myself to interact with.

The reception was alcohol free. Even the drinks poured for the wedding toasts were sparkling cider. At least a half dozen people brought in flasks or went to their cars outside to booze up. I can't say they snuck out. They made sure to let everyone around them know what they were doing several times including me. I get it. You're "sneaking"! Anyways thanks for letting me rant! 😀
Old 11-19-2017, 08:57 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Nice work, Upstairs. That’s not an easy situation. I hear you about the discomfort about being around all those people. I don’t like being at large parties where I don’t know the people well. There’s a lot of pressure to mingle and be nice. I don’t mind being alone but I also don’t mind being in small group settings where you can have real conversations, not just meaningless party talk.