Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 3

Old 10-24-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

You know what this means for tomorrow, right Badger?
Old 10-24-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Day 46 here. I'm working from home, the kids are at school, and the wife is out-of-state on a business trip. There's a full bottle of vodka in the cabinet (she drinks a little at dinner)...However, there's absolutely no desire to drink.

I guess the reason it's been so easy is that I've relapsed so many times I know it's not just the one night of drinking. What you're really signing up for is getting back on that drinking rollercoaster. A few times the thought of drinking entered my mind I just remembered going through the hangovers, etc., Nope, I'm not interested in that lifestyle anymore.

As far as what movie/TV show, etc. I don't want people to know I watch, it has to be anything with a conspiracy theory. I'm a nut for these shows, and I loved watching these while drinking. By the way, in just 2 days we will be getting the release of thousands of classified documents from the Kennedy assassination!
Old 10-24-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by badgerden View Post

What television show or movie, that you enjoy watching, that you would rather others not know, or that you would be embarrassed by, if your friends/family knew you watched?.....
I do enjoy a good cheesy rom-com even though they're mostly sexist, unrealistic, totally predictable, and have horrible dialogues.

Also Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. I love watching that while I'm cooking. Makes me feel pretty good about my food and the state of my kitchen
Old 10-24-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

I got involved in the food networks halloween wars,, not sure how that turned out..

Have a big slow cooker pot of stew brewing, will make corn bread later (not from scratch), so my kitchen is trashed again, sigh...

Ready At Last- where are you?? you didnt get lost in an Egyptian pyramid did you????

badge
Old 10-24-2017, 03:36 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
Slept alot, went to gym twice, started new work project. Pretty good, but uneventful weekend. No movies that Mrs. Tiles and I wanted to see. I'm still recharging from stressful past three weeks.
Have to do deal with the mom of a client who's nothing but trouble. Posts lots of crap on facebook that is causing trouble and makes my job harder. It's going to be hard to be professional with her.
The client's mom was a creampuff. She was very respectful and as a result got more info out of me than I intended to give her. She definitely caught more flies with sugar than vinegar when dealing with me.
Old 10-24-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frank14 View Post
Day 46 here. I'm working from home, the kids are at school, and the wife is out-of-state on a business trip. There's a full bottle of vodka in the cabinet (she drinks a little at dinner)...However, there's absolutely no desire to drink.

I guess the reason it's been so easy is that I've relapsed so many times I know it's not just the one night of drinking. What you're really signing up for is getting back on that drinking rollercoaster. A few times the thought of drinking entered my mind I just remembered going through the hangovers, etc., Nope, I'm not interested in that lifestyle anymore.

As far as what movie/TV show, etc. I don't want people to know I watch, it has to be anything with a conspiracy theory. I'm a nut for these shows, and I loved watching these while drinking. By the way, in just 2 days we will be getting the release of thousands of classified documents from the Kennedy assassination!
The release of Kennedy documents is going to be yyuuge!!! There's going to be wall to wall speculation all over again.
Old 10-24-2017, 05:59 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Outonthetiles View Post
You know what this means for tomorrow, right Badger?
What’s tomorrow OOTT?
Old 10-24-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Day 51. Catching up on some paperwork and drinking tea. Enjoy your day everyone 😉
Old 10-24-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Very sleepy, feel like I'm getting a cold.
Interesting to read what you all watch. Says a lot about a person I think. I also use to love to watch 'disappeared'. But I ran out of them, watched them all.
Frank, I couldn't be home alone with a bottle of vodka. It's not that I want a drink, it's that I never know when that feeling may come over me. It's good you think it through. I do that now, too.
Goodnight everyone!
Old 10-25-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

I have to play the tape through as well....just the other day I was having "euphoric recall" of going in to the bar for a glass of wine....had to swat that thought like a mosquito!

Can't think of any shows that I won't admit to watching, but I do have Britney Spears on my IPod
Old 10-25-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Badger07 View Post
What’s tomorrow OOTT?
46 Days!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6KePIWKoRk
Old 10-25-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

Good idea Purpl! That will be next weeks question!!

Badge
Old 10-25-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Checking in and being accountable.

Everything was going great yesterday. It was probably one of the best, most productive days I've had in a long time. I was happy, confident, and no depression or loneliness. Sounds perfect, right? Nope.

I got ready to start grilling in the early evening and it was really hot outside. We're going through a little Indian summer here. Long story short is that I drove to the store, bought vodka, and had every intention of knocking back one or two. I guess I forgot the grilling trigger. Crap! I had all the other ones accounted for, including the household fights with the kids, wife, work issues, etc...

I struggled and walked things through in my mind while driving home. Fortunately, the bottle is still stashed away in the back of my trunk. It's scary how things can turn so rapidly. I decided I didn't want to go through the next day dehydrated with a lack of sleep while trying to fight off a massive headache. I also didn't want to throw away all the progress I've had so far.

Well, I'm fine-tuning my plan and adding the "nonstressful" triggers to the things to watch out for. Whew! Day 47 is still intact but I'm not happy about the close call.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

60 days woot

60 days...... I can't believe it even as I type it. Where I was 2 months ago was a very dark place. Drinking every day to escape all my thoughts fears and emotions. Riddled with fear. The last 6 months of my life is was living in hell. 2 hospital visits, thoughts of suicide, extreme anxiety, depression and total isolation. How did I make it out of this?
I reached out for help. I knew I could no longer do this on my own. I had tried everything and nothing worked.
I reached out to AA and got a sponsor.
What's kept me sober for this long?
Going to as many meetings as possible, listening and sharing.
Talking with my sponsor on a daily basis and being honest about what I'm feeling and going through the steps with him (currently just finished my step 4, will be doing step 5,6 and 7 this weekend)
Praying to my god every morning to stay sober and praying every night to give thanks and ask for forgiveness.
Coming on SR making a commitment to stay sober for the day and reading all the experience strength and hope on here.
Result - I no longer have that obsession to drink, the urges are pretty much gone and there are days I don't even think about alcohol.
The changes others around me see are drastic. I can't see all of them but others sure notice a difference in me. I'm smiling and laughing, I feel I have hope today. My whole attitude and outlook on life has changed. Some of the promises in the BB are starting to show up in my life.
I know I still have a long road ahead, but I'm grateful today for being sober and I'm grateful for the SR community. You have helped me tremendously and I thank you all. God Bless.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:10 PM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Congrats on 60 Hats!! I am sorry but what is BB?

Yeah Frank14! Now go to your trunk and dumb the vodka, don't give the AV any ammo.

My work week starts today, another 4pm-4am, such fun,,,,,

Badge
Old 10-25-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Frank that's so cool ~ you were still able to play the tape through and stop yourself after you bought the bottle ~ Awesome job!

You too, Hats ~ Congrats on 60 Days!!!

Badgerden if I'm not mistaken BB stands for the Big Book used in AA....I have one, come to think of it...maybe I should read it....
Old 10-25-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Correct Purpl, the BB is referred to the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous
Old 10-25-2017, 03:21 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

That’s great news, Hats👍

I’m really glad you didn’t drink, Frank💪. You mentioned that you didn’t consider the grilling trigger, but I can’t help wondering what your decision making process was when you were going to buy the vodka. I know for me it’s choices that lead me to a drink not triggers. Also, why didn’t you just drink some of your wife’s vodka that was already in the house and why did you feel the need to stash the bottle you bought in the car? Anyway, just my thoughts🙂
Old 10-25-2017, 03:47 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stronger2017 View Post
That’s great news, Hats👍

I’m really glad you didn’t drink, Frank💪. You mentioned that you didn’t consider the grilling trigger, but I can’t help wondering what your decision making process was when you were going to buy the vodka. I know for me it’s choices that lead me to a drink not triggers. Also, why didn’t you just drink some of your wife’s vodka that was already in the house and why did you feel the need to stash the bottle you bought in the car? Anyway, just my thoughts🙂
I was a secretive, closet drinker and only did so at night when everyone was asleep. It was weird because I could comfortably attend a party or other function with everyone drinking and be the only one not drinking. As far as everyone was concerned, I simply didn't drink. It's crazy, I know...So, I couldn't take my wife's vodka because she would obviously notice it go down in volume (or disappear completely!).

The only decision-making process was a feeling that I've felt great for weeks and I'm "back to normal" and can handle a little drink or two. Yeah, yeah, I know this isn't reality. Hey, it's a beautiful day, throw the tri-tip on the barbecue and relax with a drink or two and call it a day. That's what was going through my mind.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Frank. That was a powerful test. Wow! You passed with flying colors. I too drank while grilling. Eh - I drank while doing a whole lot of things.

Day 46. I am at peace.