# 241 (permalink)  

Happy Halloween, classmates!
Old 10-27-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  
Mr

Happy Halloween to you too Lava
Old 10-27-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Do they go for Halloween in France, Vman? Our little village barely raises an eyebrow.
Hope you're all well.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Mr

Hello Dtp, no not too much. Once or twice had trick or treaters but they dont get into the spooky spirit
Old 10-27-2017, 11:03 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Mr

Sorry !
https://youtu.be/kbJsLSxCuoQ
Old 10-27-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Hi August class. I know I am not a native, having my primary home in February, but I didn’t make it stick until August. I am approaching 90 days now as I hope some of you are. Congrats to any who are, and stick with it any who hit some bumps. It took me 6 months from my SR class start and many failures quitting on my own, but I am on the right path. It can happen if you want it and work for it!
Old 10-27-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Axe

D
Old 10-27-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome Axeman.
Nice to have you with us.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, and welcome axeman. well done on your 90, I guess I am around that too.

I am loving my days off. The weather has been cold, but dry and bright and the autumn colours are just spectacular. Got a great Halloween costume for my wee grandsons first Halloween, can't wait to see him in it. Also got a few Christmas gifts sorted over the last couple of days and treated myself to a new phone as my old one gave up the ghost.

I hope you are all having a good weekend, take care and watch out for the ghosties!!! ������
Old 10-28-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hey class. I'm sitting in my dark apartment trying to plan my next move. I've been very depressed this past week but I know I need to do things to help mitigate what's going in my brain.

I went to an AA meeting yesterday and felt so incredibly out of place. I just wanted to run out. I've been feeling that way in general about meetings, but this one was particularly bad.

On a brighter note, the weather is beautiful here and this is my favorite time of year. So I will try to enjoy it.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Glad you're still here, Leanabeana....do you like doing crafts? I like to find some relaxing meditation music on Youtube, light some candles & do something creative....maybe listen to some of your favorite music & go for a walk since the weather is nice?
Old 10-28-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

I just went on a walk actually. Music is essential.

I'm not much of a crafter but I am leading a craft project at work on Thursday. It's a day of the dead sugar skull decorating project. Should be fun. I'm part of a Latino staff association and we are teaming up with the crafts group.
Old 10-29-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Morning guys! Sorry for being quiet. I've been very busy with uni work recently, also feeling a bit down and anxious so I didn't want to spread negativity here But things are much better now. I'm in Budapest for a week for my holiday. It's rainy and windy today so I'm planning to make it a Museum day. I hope everyone is doing great! Stay strong.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:11 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hey Snufkin. Welcome back.

I don't see it as spreading negativity as much as being honest about your real feelings, even if you aren't doing well. Recovery is hard and it's not always happy and shiny. It should be okay to be honest here, as it is a support forum. Maybe I'm wrong.

Glad to hear you're doing well now.
Old 10-29-2017, 09:26 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

I agree with leana snufkin. It's not all sunshine and roses we are here to listen and support so post away when you are feeling down! And enjoy Budapest, it looks like an amazing place!

I'm off to get ready for a family get together to celebrate my daughters birthday. Nice restaurant and the wine will be flowing but not for me! I'm driving. It's does make me wistfully think about just having one or two, but I never just had one or two in my life so the av is kidding me lol.

Have a great Sunday evening folks.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:51 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Welcome axeman, nice for you to check in and congrats on the 90 days. Good also to see so many of the others are still around, even though posting has gone down a little it would seem.

Although I'm still on track (almost 4 months), the Christmas holiday season has been my downfall many times, often resulting in a long relapse lasting into or beyond the middle of the next year. I would really like to hear your plans for making it stick during this time of year, no matter what.

Last edited by CaptainHaddock; 10-29-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-30-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Morning all, brrrr it's chilly! Interesting question captain about the holiday season, Christmas etc. I wish I had all the answers but I don't. Won't it be nice to be fully present for all the joy and fun? It's my Grandsons first Christmas so it is going to be really special. I don't want it to be about me and whether I drink or not. I may try attending some smart meetings in the run up. I'll be interested to hear everyone's thoughts. Happy Monday all!
Old 10-30-2017, 02:44 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaptainHaddock View Post
Welcome axeman, nice for you to check in and congrats on the 90 days. Good also to see so many of the others are still around, even though posting has gone down a little it would seem.

Although I'm still on track (almost 4 months), the Christmas holiday season has been my downfall many times, often resulting in a long relapse lasting into or beyond the middle of the next year. I would really like to hear your plans for making it stick during this time of year, no matter what.
Good topic, CH! I plan on working (blah) but having to be up early keeps me accountable.....my p/t job requires weekend and holiday staff, so that's where I'll be....one of these years I won't have to rely on working 7 days a week to keep from drinking!
Old 10-30-2017, 01:59 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Mr

Nice to still have a good big class.
Captain its nice to see your still on the good path.
I think you are all doing great just keep posting whether good or bad. Let it out.

"don't see it as spreading negativity as much as being honest about your real feelings, even if you aren't doing well. Recovery is hard and it's not always happy and shiny. "

Just wanted to add Leana, if I may, I agree and then some day recovery just seems to take hold, takes fire and you get your real life and the real you. That's what I understand while reading here.

Vinny
Old 10-30-2017, 08:55 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

I just had a quick read through all the posts since the start of October. It's really good to see all the positives, and where there were negatives it's good to know dealing with it sober will make a massive difference!

To all you guys in the northern hemisphere, I hope you enjoy the crisp and cleansing feeling that I remember from the few times I visited Europe in winter.

Here it is a different story (very sunny with 13 degrees C overnight and 30 during the day). Sunrise at about 05:30am and good light until about 06:30pm. Everything is turning lush green, and waiting for the afternoon thunderstorms to arrive.

Have a great Tuesday all!