# 241 (permalink)  

Count me in for another 24 mx
Old 09-09-2017, 12:15 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Check in to commit to the next 24.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:34 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

24 more please...

Congratulations Mish....and everyone signing up for another sober day. Saturday is my trigger day but I'm not going back to that boof head pile of poo.
Love and hugs to all you guys. Stay safe everyone.
Xxxx Pebbles , London for today, England. Xxx 8.34am. Xxxx
Old 09-09-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Checking in for day 12 and another 24.
Old 09-09-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Mr

Nice to see you Martina
Old 09-09-2017, 01:31 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

in for 24
Old 09-09-2017, 01:40 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Administrator

Boofhead!!

Boofheads certainly not rude as far as I know - it means fool, or idiot but usually in a good natured way...kinda like doofus

Came from an character from Aussie cartoon strip of the 1950s.

D
Old 09-09-2017, 01:54 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

24 more clean and sober hours please. Thank you for being here!
Old 09-09-2017, 02:09 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24

Probably be around some alcohol today, so I need to be strong.
Old 09-09-2017, 02:18 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Checking in for another 24
Old 09-09-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Saturday mornings are my favourite. They are a little bit of me time marking another week done and another Friday night survived (you too I see Vman! ). At last I'm feeling content with my sobriety. Mood swings and anxiety are calming down and it feels a lot more.....oh I don't know.......normal?
I'm really happy about the fact that I've coped with the work situ so far without even the slightest urge to drink. That is mega for me.
It almost seems unbelievable the way I "lived" before. How did I allow that to happen? Yeah of course it's coz I was in the grips of an addiction to a poison that robbed me of my true self. I hate that ba$tard stuff. Sorry for using that word but that's how I feel about it.
Of course it's a life long commitment. Never getting complacent and always having a third eye open for triggers and risk.
Got to just put it out here that I'm having a reoccurance of the aches in my liver I had before. I am a little petrified. This worry has sent me back to the bottle in the past too. I'm not ready to get checked out yet. Pathetic isn't it? But I know I must and I've committed to myself that when (yes I said when not if) I get back to 100 days I'll book some blood works. The very idea of it puts me into blind fear now so I just can't do it yet. In the mean time of course I will stay sober, keep off the cigs, take my AD's and keep trying to eat a little better.
Oh and avoid Dr Google too!
All that being said I am filled with gratitude at being here and being free of the chains of active addiction. You guys are important to me in a way I can't even begin to explain ❤❤❤
Old 09-09-2017, 03:31 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

6:32 am and in for another 24

Prayers for all affected by Irma and any other difficult situations!
Old 09-09-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

24 more please, Dear God.

Congrats Milestoners!!

Congrats to all those sober today!!

Prayers for the sick or struggling.

Prayers for those in Florida and for those dealing with this Hurricane and the other disasters.

Praying........................

Stay safe.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jsm273 View Post
I believe the American translation for boofhead is putz.
Ah..."putz." What a great word as well. One of my exes used to say it all the time and I'd forgotten about it!
Old 09-09-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Day 1. Fridays are my trigger day. And I failed yesterday. 24 for me please.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Make this your day.

Do something different come Friday.

Love you.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

6:48 am Maryland

Enjoying the morning peace before the boys wake up.
Last night was an epic fail and I am at a loss with how to move forward with our son. He was fine when I picked him up from school, we went to the park for a bit and then walked home. But as soon as my friend came over for the evening he started with his unruly behavior, tantrum after tantrum, talking back and just being out of control (hubby is out of town so I was on my own.) I have zero control over him. I kept my cool until bedtime and then lost it. Cried myself to sleep yet again.

I am at a loss. I have read so many parenting books and just implemented a rewards system for good behavior. But his defiance continues. Last night he told me he wanted me to die. He's 5. I don't even know where he gets this stuff but it's an awful feeling when your child talks to you like that.

I am looking into new methods of discipline. I can't live like this anymore.
My Mom is coming to help me this morning and hubby returns at 5 pm. I also feel a lot of this is because my husband and I are not on good terms (no connection) and perhaps our son senses this. I don't know. I know it's a tough week with kindergarten starting but I need some relief and a light at the end of the tunnel. I am at the end of my rope with him.

Having said all of that, I am sober and will continue to be.
130 days and counting...
Old 09-09-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

I just met my first proper boofhead! Well, the first one since I learnt the word boofhead.

One of my sons won a certificate at school yesterday so as a reward I took him to a coffee shop this morning and said he could choose whatever cake or cookie he wanted. As we approached the shop, a woman barged in front of us and slammed the door in my son's face. This riled me but he wasn't hurt and I figured maybe she didn't see him so I let it go. Then as we waited in the queue, my son spent the time deciding what to choose and decided on the last marshmallow cake that looked like a mouse. He talked about it really excitedly. Door slamming woman then got served and ordered coffee and the last marshmallow mouse cake. Again, I felt riled but she was in front of us in the queue and can order what she likes. No big deal, my son chose another cake.

My son and I then sat down and he started telling me about his week at school and because he is 10 years old and thinks life is awesome and is exuberant and full of joy he committed the heinous crime of laughing out loud. Door slamming woman then said really loudly, "I wish they wouldn't allow children in here. It ruins it for everyone." My son immediately looked embarrassed like he'd done something wrong and I'm really angry now. I wanted to say, "No, actually it's door-slamming, cake-nabbing, miserable killers of joy that ruin it for everyone" but instead I say, "son, that is what you call a boofhead."

The great thing about the word boofhead is that it has an innocence to it so it doesn't sound like a rude insult. Plus, because it's unknown in the UK, door-slamming woman didn't know how to respond but several other people in the coffee shop found it quite amusing. After that my son finished his cake and I made sure I laughed extra loud at his stories because he needs to learn that there's nothing wrong with expressing happiness and joy and boofheads need to learn that too.

Congrats to everyone celebrating a milestone. 24 more hours please xxxx
Old 09-09-2017, 04:07 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

In for 24 more. I am going to be on the lookout for 'boofheads' today. I find them amusing.

Kenton,The coffee shop lady sounded more like a 'jerk'. Glad she didn't spoil your wonderful moment with your son. You handled it very well! You saw what was important...your boy!
Old 09-09-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Sorry you're having a tough time Sunflowerlife. My youngest son is 6 and he can have the worst tantrums after school. He's naturally boisterous and I think it's such an effort for him to behave all day at school, as soon as he sees me, he lets loose! Stay strong and huge congrats on 130 days - that's amazing xxx

Hugs and strength to you Lyddie.

Jo, great post, so happy you are sounding so happy.

Kris, I think of you often. Your strength is more inspiring than you will ever know xxx