View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Sunflowerlife

6:48 am Maryland

Enjoying the morning peace before the boys wake up.
Last night was an epic fail and I am at a loss with how to move forward with our son. He was fine when I picked him up from school, we went to the park for a bit and then walked home. But as soon as my friend came over for the evening he started with his unruly behavior, tantrum after tantrum, talking back and just being out of control (hubby is out of town so I was on my own.) I have zero control over him. I kept my cool until bedtime and then lost it. Cried myself to sleep yet again.

I am at a loss. I have read so many parenting books and just implemented a rewards system for good behavior. But his defiance continues. Last night he told me he wanted me to die. He's 5. I don't even know where he gets this stuff but it's an awful feeling when your child talks to you like that.

I am looking into new methods of discipline. I can't live like this anymore.
My Mom is coming to help me this morning and hubby returns at 5 pm. I also feel a lot of this is because my husband and I are not on good terms (no connection) and perhaps our son senses this. I don't know. I know it's a tough week with kindergarten starting but I need some relief and a light at the end of the tunnel. I am at the end of my rope with him.

Having said all of that, I am sober and will continue to be.
130 days and counting...