Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 1

Old 09-08-2017, 06:11 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back erratic

D
Old 09-08-2017, 07:48 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Good evening all. Winding down day 8. My days are much like a roller coaster, ready for them to smooth out if possible. I know it takes time.

Welcome newcomers and good on those checking out AA.
Old 09-08-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Wishing all a peaceful restful night

Badge
Old 09-08-2017, 08:29 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Finishing day 4. Not a great day, tomorrow will be better. Praying everyone in the path of Irma stays safe.

Have a good weekend
Old 09-08-2017, 09:22 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Wow, lots of posts since I was last on here. So glad to hear so many folks are doing well and really cool to see everyone's posts just starting and also those who started when I did starting to find and discover pathways to continued sobriety! Technically day 13 for me now that it is past midnight! For awhile I sat drunk after days, weeks, months of saying I'm starting tomorrow but couldn't even make it a whole day. Now that I've managed 13 of those days I am starting to feel some power. Truly is a struggle though to think "one day at a time" but it is for me the only way that I can fight the urges, cravings, and that stubborn AV that loves to tell me how much easier it would be to just give up and drink. I'm so thankful that I'm sitting here instead, Friday night, drinking Sprite Zero and reading and posting on SR. Thankful that tomorrow morning I will wake up to another sober day and another opportunity to forge my path in sober living. Thank you all once again as reading your posts has truly helped me so much!
Old 09-09-2017, 12:03 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Saturday to all whether day 1 or day 10001

Welcome to all newcomers Hats & Playstation

Think a group hug is in order

Stay safe everyone and stay sober x
Old 09-09-2017, 12:04 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Good Morning Everyone, and welcome to all newcomers, we are forming quite the group here!!
Thank you to everyone for their support following my hard day on Thursday, I'm pleased to say I have reached day 21! Although the cravings have by far been the strongest this past few days I am so proud of myself to be here.
Well done to all of you on your journeys, I truly believe now that every 24 hours is a blessing and we should be proud.
Thoughts with all those in the path of the hurricane. X
Old 09-09-2017, 12:07 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Great news Rebecca -well done on getting through the last few days did you have a good evening ? I try and remember what I once read on here

"no one ever woke up in the morning wishing they had drunk the night before"

How great does it feel to be sober on Saturday morning
Old 09-09-2017, 12:57 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

badgerden - glad you are getting some relief. Today was the first day you could actually open a window. There was so much ash falling it looked like snowfall. Still can't believe how much was on my car ... and the ground had enough that it looked like you were driving through fresh snow. I've never experienced anything like it - not being able to even go outside or open a window because it's like walking straight into an inferno. Thankful to have our clean air back today and I'll never take it for granted again. Thankful, also, that our historic landmarks were saved (for the most part). It was so crushing to see our gorge in flames. So many good memories there. And now I hope those in Florida are going to make it through okay. I have friends in Naples that are staying put and I will be a nervous wreck for them all weekend.

Day 12 for me.

I hope everyone has a nice weekend.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Morning everyone - a lovely, sunny autumnal day here in UK and start of day 9 for me. Friday night a bit strange without wine but lime and soda and cocoa did the job. Funnily enough, feel like a bad hangover this morning! Anyone else get this?
Old 09-09-2017, 04:13 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

My last drink I downed was on Monday, Sept. 4th (Labor Day) at 1 p.m.
Reason being it mid day was that every liquor and beer stores were closed due to the holiday. I had planned to stop days before, but it never came to, finally it was supposed to have been on Labor Day morning cuz I had a demanding week ahead of me, but I had beer left over, so forget Labor Day too, until I ran out and all shops were closed.
So here I am, on Day 5, hoping it sticks this time around.
Old 09-09-2017, 04:14 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Hello there,
I had joined the August group toward the end, however, I had the long weekend to myself and well you know!! Nothing bad happened but the lying is getting to me (as it should!). I would like to join the September group please, its day 5!!! Has anybody else had 2 sober dates one for friends and family and the real one?
Old 09-09-2017, 05:34 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Hi beache, yes I had two sober dates, living away from my family made that easy...
The cravings for me are the strongest they have ever been and I am fighting tooth and nail, trying to keep busy, eat well and drink lots of water, one hour at a time it seems today..
Old 09-09-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hi all ,checking in today crisp september staturday feeling well and happy to be sober .
Take care .
Old 09-09-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! I'd love to join this class. I was part of the July class and did not make it. Today I have 8 days. I recognize a few of you- Rubaduck, Chickchick, Sober81- wow am I happy to see you guys on here!! I think I missed a couple from our previous class. September is our month!

I actually checked myself into a hospital detox facility for 4 days last week because I was so afraid of going through the withdrawals at home. I tried to taper with no success. It was not a great experience but I believe it was the one that I needed to really hit home. I want to be sober and I NEVER want to end up back in that position.

I'm still feeling pretty raw. The month of August was a crap show (not sure if we can swear on here) and I spent most of my days and nights drinking. I am so done. I want the freedom and happiness that I had during my longest term of sobriety- 3 years back from 2011-2014. I KNOW it's possible because I've done it before and I know I can get there again.

I'm doing everything different this time around compared to when I got sober in July. I'm actually going to meetings even though they still make me really uncomfortable. I'm going to a new counselor and my husband and I decided to start seeing a family counselor as well. I'm realizing that I cannot do this journey alone.

Being part of the July class helped me a lot, accountability to check in with you guys every day so I'm really looking forward to doing that with you all. I have not had time to carefully read everyone's posts so later today that's my plan, to get caught up on what's going on with everyone.

I'm so happy to be here and so happy to have a handful of sober days again. This drinking addiction is no joke and I think the weight of that hit me full force this time. Looking forward to getting to know all of you
Old 09-09-2017, 08:12 AM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hi all, just checking in. Many positives, many negatives. Positives outweighing negatives because that's the kind of person I am and the way I focus. I internalize any pain (tiredness, headaches, anything that might affect anyone else). Life is good for me and those around me, but it will be nice (soon!) to stop living in the shadows.

There's a few things going on in my life. Not as bad as other people on this site have had to deal with though. But even though I'm having drinks almost every day, the numbers are down. This is an improvement.

Every day I think about not drinking, instead of thinking about drinking. Even when I buy beer, I'm trying to buy the minimum. It's a very different thought process, and I'm happy about it. I got invited out for drinks tonight but declined. As far as all friends know, I'm on the wagon.

Anyway, good luck with the weekend all. I hope the sun is shining wherever you are.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:04 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Woke up this morning in a horrible mood. I think I had a dream about drinking again but the one I remember seemed like it lasted hours. I was trying to board a flight to Canada (not sure why ha!) but they said I had a bill from a doctor visit back in 1996 that I never paid so for some reason I couldn't get on the plane. I was so upset and pleading with everyone, saying I could pay but no luck. I know, very weird. Dreams these days seem to be like that for me. BUT, I stepped outside, nice cool day and hit up a morning meeting and now feeling really good. About to go workout with some sober friends and later going on a hike with a friend I haven't seen in some time. So thankful despite the weird night that my mind is clear and it's a bright, sunny day. Sending out thoughts and prayers to everyone in Florida, I have some friends and family that may still be in the Tampa area so I'm hoping they remain safe.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:09 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Day 1 ...... many mixed feelings but know it is the right thing to do
Old 09-09-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

It's been one week, and I feel great today. I woke up around 5:45 (???) and got caught up on a bunch of work. Now, I have the rest of the day to relax.

Normally I would be waking up around 11, feeling terrible all day and laying on the couch. The question is: how does one keep this going? I've gone a month sober in the past, but I can't seem to pass that threshold. I tend to get alcoholic amnesia and forget all the reasons I decided to stop drinking in the first place.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
Welcome to everyone new

Rebecc, great job on day 21! I hope the cravings have eased up. If not, keep posting here, reading, go for a walk, take a shower, anything but drink.

Starting Day 5. I woke up in a much better mood today. I have to go and take my dog in for a bordatella vaccine. She hates the vet. I am not looking forward to it. They had me give it to her once because she gets really nervous. It's just an oral med that you squirt into her mouth. I am hoping it goes well and quick.

This afternoon I am going up to the hospital to watch football with my parents and my brother and sister in law. It would be more fun at home, but you take what life gives you some times.

Have a good day everyone