Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 1

Old 08-30-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 1

Welcome Everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of

September 2017

come and join us!

last August thread is here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-3-a-8.html

D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-31-2017 at 03:30 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for all that you do .

September 1st marks 1 month without a drink .

Has it been easy ? yes and no . Yes: easy as I never craved a drink or wanted a drink , No: because I have had a rough ride with anxiety and moods .

I am going into September optomistic with 3 clear plans .

1 : I have started an online NHS run 8 week CBT course
2: I am going to a holistic practitioner on Tuesday with a view to losing weight and cleaning up my diet .
3: I am going to extend my activities further than the house and garden such as regular walking and more visits to some old relatives and old freinds .

I hope I am not too early in my post as there is still 6 1/2 hours of August left .

Thanks to Every one for taking time to respond to posts I made in August .
Old 08-31-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 1

I've been here before. I've managed to string together months and years once sober but went back to drinking. I'm so tired of this, I just want to feel better and stay that way.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello, I am on day 12 and was wondering if I could join this group?
Old 08-31-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 1 for me. Joining!
Old 08-31-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Learning to Live

I am with the August class but wanted to pop in and welcome the Sept class.

1 month ago while in the midst of a foggy headed, anxiety ridden, feeling shakey, nauseated, and weak detox I googled "alcohol withdrawal" and this site was one of the top hits. I started reading everyone's different stories and saw all the unbelievable support and immediately didn't feel so alone.
Needless to say, I decided to join the community and remain active and it's been one of the most helpful tools I have. Acknowledging the problem and deciding to take action are the first steps towards recovery. It's been a lot of work, with a lot of ups and downs, but the ups make the downs worth it.

Focus on a plan for change. Take the time to nurture yourself. That's my best piece of advice. Again welcome to SR and I am glad you are here
Old 08-31-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I'm on day 4 but would like to join this group too.

Thanks Dee for setting it up and for all you do for us,
Old 08-31-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Day 2

Joining the class! Day 2 and still horrible symptoms. Been here before and back again. I'm hoping one day I will kick this thing for good.

Wishing everyone best wishes with your journeys
Old 08-31-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Feel worse today than i did on days 1-3 which sounds crazy sticking around SR helps. thank you everyone
Old 08-31-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

September seems like a month that will be easier for me to have a decent go at this. A lot fewer triggers ...
Old 08-31-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i tell you what's quite nice: being able to type a message at quarter to one in the morning using both eyes, not having to close one to unblur the characters.

I've been lurking on this site since I gave up living like a ping pong ball bouncing from day to day with pain and sickness and the inability to do *anything* but drink through the day to level up, then keep drinking, then wake up sometimes thinking 'you know what, it would be better to just die right here in this bed right now than go through another day drinking myself closer to a slow alcoholic death. Just let me die right now'

I was drinking unfathomable amounts every single day, all day, because I could because I run a pub and am here surrounded by it for 55-70 hours a week.

Tonight though I managed it again and I'm safe in bed on my 13th day of no booze and finally feel ready to post.

Can I join the September gang?
Old 08-31-2017, 05:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Thomas Dazee, Rebecca, Healthy Goals, Squiz, Rubaduck., RAL and SigUK

thanks for posting Jezzi

Lets make this month a good one

D
Old 08-31-2017, 05:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

I always like to greet the September class. A daily drinker for 35 years, I quit drinking for the last time Sept 10, 2010. Joined SR about a week later. Been active in Sober Recovery ever since. And alcohol free.

Early recovery is tough. Don't despair. Don't view sobriety as a punishment. It isn't. My recovery has been a gift and blessing I give thanks for every day. I wish you all the same gift, freedom from alcohol. Freedom from the shame and depression of addiction.
Old 08-31-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Carl

D
Old 08-31-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Doggonecarl put it perfectly. Getting away from my addiction has been life altering. I'm still amazed that I was able to do it. Everyone joining can do it too. Take it seriously, be vigilant, and you'll start to see dramatic improvements physically, mentally, emotionally, financially. Everything gets better once you tell booze to shove off.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Day 5

Howdy All. I am just starting Day 5. I have been doing all I can to start right. I tried about a year ago for truly the first time after drinking almost daily for 5+ years but after a little over a month convinced myself I probably didn't have a problem (HA!). Took me less than 6 months to be right back where I was and the truth hit me like a rock that I cannot ever be a "normal" drinker. Another 6 months to build up my will to try again. I was fortunate to meet some awesome folks in AA last year during my attempt. I have reconnected and started going to meetings this week. I stumbled across the newbie class a couple days ago and couldn't wait to post here and join this class! I am excited, scared, but so glad to have finally started the journey again and hope to be able to meet some of y'all who are starting the journey as well!
Old 08-31-2017, 09:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Drinking is insidious I used to have a lot of friends I lost all of them. I'm alone I'm on my own.

I'm in.
Old 08-31-2017, 10:58 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, well it's morning here in the UK and just starting my 13th day AF, I've read all of your messages and there are so many different things I resonate with, I think this will be a really helpful forum where hopefully we can all post if we are struggling or just to check in and see how each other are doing. Rebecca
Old 08-31-2017, 11:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Welcome to all joining the September of 2017 class!! SR is an incredible support, read and post lots, especially if the thought of drinking crossed your mind, log in and post immediately someone will be by to remind you why you have decided to be sober.

Looking forward to seeing all of you here!
Old 09-01-2017, 12:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am on day 4 and I can't believe I've made it to day 4! Just making it past 1 took all I had. I'm so thankful I've made it to 4 and it fills me with new hope for this journey. I'd love to join the September class if you'll have me!