Notices

Class of September 2017 Support Thread Part 1

Old 09-17-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Thanks Badge, Dee and 60+

You're all right and I know it. Getting used to all these new emotions is interesting eh? I realise now I was just tired and worn out from the day and having a little freak out instead of being to numb to every thought process.

Also right about this morning. Had a great nine (!) hour sleep and now wondering whether to go to ALL the galleries or try walking up the massive hill instead of holding my head and my stomach and beginning to worry about how I'd manage to get home tomorrow.

This is a different life 🌈
Old 09-17-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Great news Squid-that's fantastic. what other people think of you is none of your business. If they have a problem with the new you it's their problem. though in my experience, they might talk about you for 10 seconds then move onto something else. How good will you feel this morning

Morning here in the UK. Just spent the morning making changes to my upcoming holiday. We were supposed to be going to Cuba but changed it. I was quite worried tbh, all inlusive, rum beach, sunsets etc etc so early on. We're still going on hols but to somewhere we've been before which isn't a party place and I feel very comfortable with it. I will take Jr RAL to the water park, join in, read many books and drink many non alcoholic cocktails and sleep soundly every night. Plus it was £1500 cheaper so got a nice refund so win win all round.

Happy Sober Sunday everyone.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:15 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Quick check in on n day 5. Busy weekend with the family, which is good.

Feel okay so far..cravings but I won't give in!!!!

Enjoy the day xo
Old 09-17-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

good morning all , 5:15 here in eastern oregon, one hour down, 9 more to go and my work day is done.

60 did you get your rain? I hope so, I lived on the central coast for a gazillion years and I always hated how once the rain started it never seemed to stop. Any word on what they are going to do to the kids that started the fire?

I still cant believe how wonderful yesterday was, weather wise, hopefully it will be like that when I get off work, take the dogs for a walk, maybe get some more bulbs in the ground.

enjoy your day everyone!

Badge
Old 09-17-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good morning all.

Checking in on day 18.

Nice sober weekend going on, bought myself some new business attire for work, looking forward to heading back to the office tomorrow. The old vodka me would have NEVER felt that way!

Read everyone's posts, nice to see the sober days increasing!

Have a great day and stay sober. We can do this!
Old 09-17-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Good morning all.
Checking in on day 9.
All is well.
Praying for lots of rain for Oregon.
Hope everyone has a peaceful sober day.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:18 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I'll have two weeks tomorrow. Actually looking forward to getting Sunday out of the way and moving into a new week.
Old 09-17-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, day 16 check in! The days seem to be flying by right now. The memory of the depth of despair I felt while drinking still hasn't left in the slightest so I haven't had cravings yet. I've been keeping super busy between my kids and family, meetings, counseling, and planning a couple of trips that our family has coming up.

General, good luck on your ultra and I'm looking forward to hearing how you did! Yesterday I ran the Tough Mudder (11 miles + 24 obstacles) and it was hard. I had to walk the last mile because I think I sprained my knee (MCL). I'm debating going into the doctor or just icing and wrapping it at home. It's pretty swollen, bruised and difficult to walk on today, but my fear is that the doctor will offer pain killers and I won't be able to turn them down.

Also, the smoke was terrible during the race! 60 and Badge- I hope we get our rain soon! It's difficult for me to even be outside right now, let alone run a race in it.

Anyway, I want to respond to every one but I'm going to go nurse this knee and all of the cuts and scrapes I got yesterday. So happy to see those that have come back after drinking again, and those continuing to rack those days up! I think I'll be super lazy today and watch netflix all day
Old 09-17-2017, 07:51 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone. Joining the September 2017 class. I am on Day 2. Everyone have a great day.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:28 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouraging posts for my ultra run. I did actually finish it - 73 miles in 23 hrs 31 mins. came 31st out of 65 - well-pleased to be in the top half of the field at my age (58) only one guy in the field older than me. I'm sure it helped that I hadn't been drinking for the two weeks prior as I felt much better than I usually do. First thing I got when I crossed the line was a bottle of the sponsor's beer put into my hand! I'll give it my son.

Day 17 - please keep posting - great to know we're in it together.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Hi all, checking on Day 6. I have felt somewhat melancholy all weekend - not exactly sure why. Probably a number of contributing factors (the #1 being my Mom has not been well). I'm sure it will pass (my mood). I have not felt like drinking. Strangely, sadness is not a trigger for me to drink. When I'm feeling sad I just want to curl up in a blanket and stay there. Happiness and/or stress are more triggers for me.

Anyway, to cheer myself up a little I decided to decorate for Halloween a little early. Last night I went to Home Goods and picked up a few new Halloween decorations. Today I'm cleaning up and setting up the living room a little earlier than usual for me. Why not - no one said you have to wait until October to decorate, right? The cute new decorations should cheer my spirits.

Well, back to work for me - laundry, cleaning, organizing and decorating!
Old 09-17-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Welcome LoveHateWhine - love your screen name!!
Old 09-17-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by General View Post
Thanks for the encouraging posts for my ultra run. I did actually finish it - 73 miles in 23 hrs 31 mins. came 31st out of 65 - well-pleased to be in the top half of the field at my age (58) only one guy in the field older than me. I'm sure it helped that I hadn't been drinking for the two weeks prior as I felt much better than I usually do. First thing I got when I crossed the line was a bottle of the sponsor's beer put into my hand! I'll give it my son.

Day 17 - please keep posting - great to know we're in it together.
That is soooooo impressive!! How in the world did you do that? I ran a marathon (26.2 miles) in my early 30's and that was enough for me!!
Old 09-17-2017, 11:42 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Great job General on going that far. One of my goals is to get in better shape and lose some weight.

I've started walking for now, until I can build up some endurance. I've got a gym membership that I haven't used in months.

Day 18. Watching some NFL and gonna hit the library to pick up a couple of books. May look for one on drinking.

Carry on folks!
Old 09-17-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Here we go again. Day 1. I feel terrible. The withdrawal has gotten so bad and lasts days. Glad to be here.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:57 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Slipped on Friday and binged after about two weeks sober. This weekend has been a bust. I've spent most of Saturday and today sleeping, trying to overcome this pounding headache that's stuck around. I want to try again...so this is day 1 (I was drinking into the wee hours Friday night/Saturday morning).

The end of a long week and the urge to relax with friends and drink became a bit too overwhelming on Friday afternoon. I was pretty set on just going home and catching up on reading, until the switched flipped.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:10 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome LoveHateWhine zoos and offthemast

it's hard to change our lives and to make different decisions a little foreplanning it can be easier:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

if you only have one thing you can remember it's to reach out here for help first - before you drink

You really can do this

D
Old 09-17-2017, 05:17 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  
Administrator

When a thread hits 500 posts or so we close it and start another part - keep things from getting too unwieldy

Join us here for part 2 of this thread:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-part-2-a.html

D