Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 40

Old 08-18-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Thank you so much guys. It's the best Ive felt in over a month.

Briar, have you seen this dude? Insane.

https://www.facebook.com/NatGeoAdven...5339705259826/
OMG, Arbor! I an queasy after watching that and I actually could not even finish it! How on earth do people do that?!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Wipe the sad tears away guys. A miracle just happened. With less than an hour before departure at the airport their lawyer called. Guess his case went before the federal court this morning. He can stay! We don't know for how long or what the exact circumstances are, but he's going home today.

Thank you for all your continued support and prayers. Means so much.

Follow the story on FB @ #SaveJoelColindres
Our prayers have been answered!!!!!! Thank you, God, thank you!!!!!!

I am so very happy for you and your family, Arbor!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:39 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Ok, you guys know I'm originally from the country.

So today I sent my mother a cute pic of my daughter, and she sent me a picture of a giant rattlesnake she just killed.

She said "Midsection of a big ass rattlesnake I just caught out in the yard. Beautiful critter. My new hat band!"

Meanwhile, I made a cop kill a spider for me. This is why I don't live in the country.
Egads!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

And VENUS!! Congratulations to you and Nick!!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Ok, you guys know I'm originally from the country.

So today I sent my mother a cute pic of my daughter, and she sent me a picture of a giant rattlesnake she just killed.

She said "Midsection of a big ass rattlesnake I just caught out in the yard. Beautiful critter. My new hat band!"

Meanwhile, I made a cop kill a spider for me. This is why I don't live in the country.
Spiders, I can handle!!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:43 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
OMG, Arbor! I an queasy after watching that and I actually could not even finish it! How on earth do people do that?!
Couldn't watch it all, either scared:
Old 08-18-2017, 12:45 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Yes Dee, I've heard about your spiders. No thank you.

Arbor - I can't express enough how grateful I am that your family is together tonight. Our country feels toxic right now with such intense conflict. Without delving into the politics that precipitated this crisis, the fact is when we don't see good prevailing, we question whether it's there at all. But this miracle shows that we are still here, strong people fighting for what we value and uniting in solidarity. A lot of people have come together to protect a person who, regardless of any law, represents exactly what it means to be an American.
Amen!!!!!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Yikes, a cousin of mine killed a rattler last week. It had 15 buttons on its rattle. So that settles it, I'm gonna keep all my Taos-area hikes to the higher/cooler elevations next month. If I heard one of those wretched things rattling at me I'd melt straight away,

I'm hoping for a sense of peace to prevail for your family this weekend Arbor. Then for success in getting things settled once and for all.

TGIF and a busy day ahead......starting with gym time!
Yes, please, Mark, avoid those lower hot and dry areas! Yikes!!!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Briar ~ your poignant words express how I feel as well.

Waking up this morning and remembering this news made me so happy.
I imagine your family slept much better last night dearest Arbor. ♥

And, I kind of buried it yesterday because it didn't feel appropriate, but, I am getting married on September 23rd!!!

Just a small wedding by the river (Scioto River).....if I can't have the beach Dee, I can still have water and prettiness. This part of Columbus is as lovely as Melbourne.

Nick's parents are coming.....and his mum has vascular dementia, so that's a huge deal. I am so excited to see them again....I love them already.

Anyway, more details later, but obviously if any of you can come you are more than wanted. I would love it. I appreciate it's a bit of a trek though, particularly for Dee, so I do understand if you can't come.

It does appear that some SRs are going to come though.....wow.....I was worried it would be all boys and Nick's mum and me, but I think I have a few female SR buddies coming.

Love you all so much. ♥
Old 08-18-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Congratulations Suze!
So sweet, Briar.
Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Old 08-18-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Love to all.

Hope to be back later!!!!
Old 08-18-2017, 01:36 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Oh yes, Arbor, I am familiar with Alex Honnold. He is quite an icon in the climbing world. Except that nobody actually aspires to be like him because there's obviously something very wrong with him!

I love watching him climb, but it makes my hands and feet sweat like crazy!
Old 08-18-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Congrats Nick and Suze!!!

Much love.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:56 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Goodnight, all.

Arbor, I will fall asleep thanking God that your sister's family will sleep under one roof tonight.
Old 08-18-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Much love, Leigh. Thank you so much for thinking of us. We will too sleep well I think.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:51 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Wishing some peaceful sleep tonight for the Arbor family.

So Suze, about this hand cream, what kind is it, and where does one order it? I've been using my own home blend and some nice stuff I paid too much for at Whole Foods. Frankly, mine's better . I make it with whatever I've got in the fridge when I need it, which is usually shea butter, cocoa butter, coconut oil, beeswax, and whatever kind of oil is in front of me at the moment, usually olive oil. It gets the job done.

My daughter's party is tomorrow. Piņata is stuffed, food is purchased, cake is ordered, house is reasonably clean, husband is assembling the scooter. I voluntarily assumed the task of clearing out the corner of the backyard where all the old busted outside toys had accumulated and turned into a thriving spider metropolis. The neighbors got to enjoy a half hour of continuous swearing and screeching.

Looking forward to another birthday party where I'm proud to be a sober mom to my kid. Most of our guests have no idea how important these parties are to me, or why. It's when I feel the accomplishment of sobriety more than any other time. My own wonderful little secret.
Old 08-19-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Looking forward to another birthday party where I'm proud to be a sober mom to my kid. Most of our guests have no idea how important these parties are to me, or why. It's when I feel the accomplishment of sobriety more than any other time. My own wonderful little secret.
That's wonderful Briar! Enjoy

Last evening was dinner at another couple's place. Pre dinner drinks were served on the patio and I observed that each of the others had two. The conversation flowed nicely and everyone seemed so at ease. Tea was served with dinner and coffee with dessert. For the first time in a long time i found it moderately agitating to observe everyone enjoying a very reasonable consumption of alcohol. Also it agitates me that it agitated me. It's almost easier if I see folks acting like jackasses when they drink so I can sneer at the thought of being like that. Anyway, it was a mostly pleasant time but it caught me by surprise to feel some of the same old junk again. Thought I was past that. I'm rarely around alcohol so I guess I haven't worked through that aspect of it as well as some of y'all.

Suze, you got any cream for my crows feet?! 😉
Old 08-19-2017, 08:52 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Yes, it works on crows feet as well. Perfectly safe (and awesome) for your face.
Seriously, I will send you both some.

I understand how you feel Mark, and I have felt that way many times myself. Agitated, and agitated at feeling this way. Now, I see it a little differently. In the situation you were in, I find myself an amazed observer now....I am still stunned that it is possible for human beings to have two drinks, stop and continue happily with their evening. What is this creature? I am aware that I am not built this way. This is just not possible for me. And then I feel just so very grateful that I know this, truly know this now and I don't have to try anymore. Never again do I have to try to be a 'normal' drinker and join in with the others.

This makes me feel good. Really good.

I am so proud of you darling Briar, and WE know what this means to you....hope the party is absolutely awesome, but of course it will be.

Love you very much.

Old 08-19-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

I know what you mean, Mark. It's easy reject alcohol when we see it causing something we don't want. But sometimes it does bring about something we do want, that social ease others seem to get. Us sober folk have to be a little bit tougher. It doesn't seem fair, but then they don't know about the sense of accomplishment we enjoy when we wake up the next day with the kind of freedom others don't even understand. It's good to be different.

So, time to paint some pink and purple nail polish on my little princess!