Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 40

Old 08-08-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I know....I could only get in if I went to Explorer first, and even then I got logged out so many times. Well, you know. Nice to be here for sure.
Frequent log outs have plagued me for quite a while but during this episode, I would login and be immediately logged out.
Old 08-08-2017, 10:53 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Back from a couple days at my moms place in the country. Was nice, but my daughter is still sick. Looks like the first antibiotics didn't work, and she's gotten worse, so we're trying a different one. This one carries some rather dramatic gastrointestinal consequences, so that's interesting. We just need her fixed up in time for the first day of school on Monday.

Tomorrow I'll meet my potential new therapist. I didn't have many options, but she looks good based on the internet info. She seems legit, modern, and not crazy. She doesn't seem like the type to make me lay down in the mud to become one with the earth spirit or anything like that. I'm looking forward to starting this new chapter. I'm ready to seriously tackle some issues that have been holding me back from healing.

Well, I hope everyone is having a good week so far!
Old 08-08-2017, 11:46 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope your daughter feels better soon Briar

D
Old 08-09-2017, 05:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I hope your sweet girl is feeling much better soon, Briar. I'll also be sending positive vibes your way for a good connection with the new therapist tomorrow. (However, becoming one with the earth in the mud does sound pretty tempting to try...lol)

Phoebe, I totally get your pain. It just isn't fair to be stuck in the house when you feel like you're doing all you can to get better. Huge hugs your way. Keep hanging in and trust that it will all be better in time. Because it certainly will!

(((((Suzeeeeeeee)))))

Unfortunately, it is nowhere close to feeling like fall here. It's just hot, muggy, and a bit miserable. It was a great summer, but I'm so ready for pumpkins, comfy sweatshirts, and football season. Bring it!

I hope everyone is doing well and have missed y'all this week! Work has had me super busy lately., so I'll need to rewind to catch up. Thankfully, I've got a quiet house tonight while the guys hit the lake for their final fishing trip of the summer. That means an early bedtime for me. I plan to watch the first preseason game, but I know I won't make it to halftime. Lol
Old 08-09-2017, 07:06 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

I'm sorry your little one is sick Briar love.
I hope they find the right antibiotic and she gets better fast.

Love love love to everyone....I can't think straight today.
My heart is with Kris....

Old 08-11-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning, friends! I'm off for a long weekend today. Woohoo! So my goal is to beat the back to school shoppers early this morning. I believe it's "tax-free weekend" and the crowds are a bit much for me. (Suze, just a friendly heads up... It can get pretty intense in the stores. Lol). Tomorrow we'll be at my folks for a birthday BBQ and then just relaxing on Sunday at home, hopefully. While Jr visits his mom this weekend, I plan to spruce up his room a bit with a new comforter and desk. What's everyone else got going on?

I hope the little one is feeling better, Briar!
And everyone else, too!
Old 08-11-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Damn.....lost a very long post. Sigh. Good morning lovely one.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:51 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I cannot believe I need to write all of that again....sigh.....save before I hit post this time....

We are going to look at rings this weekend. Yes, wedding rings.
I know what I/we want, but they are online, and I want to get sized and try on some similar rings to get an idea.

Now that Nick and I are back on track, actually we are on a much better track I think....we came out of our near-disaster a lot stronger, we are about to plan/have begun to plan our wedding. Just something small, but I have no clue what I'm doing, so it should be interesting.

I am not studying ~ I was really miserable about the course being four years rather than two. They misled me. Not to worry, I am going to work in aged care here as well as write, work on my photography (we have an awesome printer) and make jewellery with Nick.....he is teaching me. I have designed about 6 bracelets so far, and apparently I have a flare for it. I certainly LOVE it.

Nick is amazing...he makes beautiful stuff, including gorgeous things for me.
I will never have to buy another pair of earrings....nice, huh?

And it's time to look at cars. I need more practice, but I feel ready to drive on the wrong side of the road now. I want a Chevy Spark (Holden Barina), lime green. They are cute as.

Anyway.....long ramble over. For the second time. Please God let my post post.

phoebes ~ how are you feeling?

Briar ~ how is your sweet girl?

Hope the weather is lovely wherever you are and love to all of the Octsobers. ♥
Old 08-11-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Just looked it up Conquest, our tax-free weekend was last weekend. So that's good.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Suze - ring shopping! What an experience. I hope you find what you want. I remember it being a huge deal.

After 12 years, my original set doesn't fit, and the band he bought me for our five year is broken. Both of these problems could be fixed, but to keep my warranty I would have to mail them to the company and deal with a bunch of red tape shenanigans. Seeing as how I'm far too lazy for all that, my tastes have changed, and at this point I care very little anyway, my current ring is a titanium and CZ band from Amazon. Win. I also have silicone ones to wear when I'm climbing or bushwhacking through the wilderness.

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well with Nick. I'm sure your bracelets are stunning!

Conquest - Yes! Fall needs to get here immediately! My sweaters and boots need me! Besides, now that the 90s are back in fashion, I've got some army jackets and combat boots that deserve to see the light of day.

My daughter is doing much better and is back to her usual busy little self. In fact, she has succeeded in interrupting me at least 20 times during the writing of this post. Last I saw, she was trotting off with my jar of sharpies, so I should probably go make sure everything is copasetic.
Old 08-11-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I don't know about stunning....but my bracelets are not bad....I will take pics and post them. If I am allowed....maybe I should email them.

Very glad to hear your not-so-little one is feeling better....but man, I hope you caught up to her before she redesigned the loungeroom wall like I did at her age. Actually, I was 2. And it was my brother's fault....he told me mummy would love it if I drew a picture on the wall for her. Yeah, right. I recall getting my bottom smacked.

We just want to check our ring sizes and try on different widths....I think we have chosen silver rings on Etsy that come from this lovely jeweller in Cyprus. Nothing expensive, just lovely and engravable.

I hope you get yours resized love.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Thank you Suze. I'd like to take the diamonds from all the rings and have them set in a whole new redesigned ring. I'd like something a little more unique than my original settings. But it would be costly to do so, and I don't feel compelled to do it right now. I'm really not into jewelry that much. I like stuff that I don't have to mess with every day. My earrings are just small gold rings and studs that stay in all the time. I don't wear necklaces very often. I do like bracelets though.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:22 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Last night I was the victim of a merciless tummy bug, and this morning I'm very dehydrated, headachy, tired, and sick. It feels exactly like a hangover, which is very upsetting. I know I'm sober, but waking up like this on a Sunday morning is too familiar. Pretty uncomfortable morning over here.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:30 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

(((Briar))) ♥

Oh love, I know that feeling. It is rather disorientating. And of course there's the whole feeling sick part which is not fun at all. Hope you can rehydrate and get your energy up a little. Gatorade maybe?

Huge hugs for you and all of the Octsobers. ♥
Old 08-13-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Thank you Suze, I'm doing better. I've graduated from diluted juice to chicken broth. Yay! Pot of white rice is on the stove for later. My husband has it too, so he's sacked out. School starts tomorrow, and this is not shaping up to be the most prepared first day of school ever. I've made a list of the essentials I need to get done for tomorrow: pack lunch, sharpen pencils, stuff backpack, wash her hair, give her medicine, pick a dress, find new shoes, boil some eggs for breakfast, figure out what time we are are supposed to be there (slightly important detail), find a sweater (harder than it sounds). I've hit up my friend to go buy the medicine I need for her, so that's covered. I feel really guilty for struggling as a parent today. I'm trying to tell myself that I'm doing my best and this isn't my fault, but even after 2.5 sober years, the guilt is so ingrained.
Old 08-13-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi gang,

I'm sorry about the unfortunate timing of the tummy bug Briar. I have to admit that my wife handles the vast majority of the back-to-school prep, so I don't know much about it other than that the school uniform code is quite strict and that I make breakfast. I know for a fact, though, that the payoff of this past 2.5 years will benefit your babe in the best of ways! Same for Arbor's boys. So much for you two to be proud of.

Congrats on the ring shopping Suze. Yet another big step for you!

Cheers to the rest of the Octsobers.
Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Looks like the first day of school will be cut slightly short because we are headed back to the doctor for a different issue. There was a fair bit of screaming and yelling in our house tonight as she refused to let me give her some necessary medicine. Then once I finally got her to bed, she had a coughing fit that jolted her into a sleepwalking episode where she wandered around crying and talking nonsense until I could get her back to into bed, and stay there. I'm so tired and sick and overwhelmed, and it just keeps getting harder. I'm trying to be a good parent and keep up with it all, but things keep going wrong.
Old 08-14-2017, 05:14 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

HI Mark.
Thank you love, gosh I've missed you guys....where is Arbor, can't wait to see him as well.

Oh Briar, I am so sorry love. Not fair. And no, not even the tiniest reflection on you as a parent. It's HARD when you are sick and your kid is sick at the same time.

Hopefully you are all asleep now, and that the doctor will help.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I'm around, V. Just don't have much of anything positive to say, so I won't.

Scary times we live in...everything goes down this Thursday. Family ripped apart. Oh, then we close on our new house the day after. Should be a happy, celebratory time, but it doesn't feel that way.

Bye for now.
Old 08-14-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

(((Arbor))) ♥

Just love and more love. And then some more.