Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 40

Old 08-24-2017, 05:50 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

Thank you Leigh!

I've been wondering about Conquest too. Where are you girl?
Old 08-24-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Nighty-night!
Old 08-24-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Love and Peace!
Old 08-24-2017, 07:19 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Holy mackerel, this climber is delightful:

https://youtu.be/CmY1DHiHEjs
Old 08-24-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Happy b'day Briar!

And tgif (almost)

Have a great weekend all.
Old 08-24-2017, 09:03 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Hi guys!

Happy bday Briar!!! I hope your day and year are absolutely fantastic!!!

And thanks for thinking of me, sweet friends. I've been working some cray hours and have had zero time to chill with my iPad lately. It should all simmer down soon...once this hurricane passes! We're not expected to get a direct hit, but...Good grief!!! I hate this stuff.
Growing up near the Gulf of Mexico, I've experienced and survived several tropical storms and hurricanes. However, it's still a bit alarming and unfortunately super stressful for me. Cowboy isn't sweating a bit though, making sure our generator is running well and that everything is tucked up into the garage. (I'm choosing to be more focused on the water and snacks, of course. Lol.) There've been tons of drinking jokes around the office... Everyone laughing about putting booze first on their hurricane shopping lists. Thankfully, I've learned my lesson from experience. It only makes it all more miserable. A quick laugh and a smile is all that's needed to quiet the topic and the AV.

I'd read back now but I've got get up super early to make an insanely early meeting. Looking forward to catching up very soon!
Old 08-25-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Stay safe, Conquest!!

Up here, the thing is to stock up on booze for blizzards...because shoveling snow i so much more fun with a hangover? NOT!!

I have finally had about 2 days where I actually feel normal!! This, for the first time since April 4th, but who's counting? Me!! I was up with the birds to go with hubby to an appointment, and he got good news there. Whew. Some watchful waiting, but no imminent surgery or cancer treatment in the near future. We went out to breakfast, and then I took my son back to school shopping and went to Trader Joe's with him. It may not sound like much, but I have not been able to be at all spontaneous about leaving the house for even a run to the grocery store. Fingers crossed this is it, and I am over the hump!

I need to go back and read the latest posts, but I did want to pop in because I was thinking about the hurricane and Conquest. Of course, thinking of anyone in its path and hoping there is not much damage.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry I missed your bday briar - I hope it was a good one!

D
Old 08-25-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Thanks for the birthday wishes! It was a good week, but it's seriously time for some healthy food!
Old 08-25-2017, 05:45 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Stay safe Conquest! Thanks for checking in!
Old 08-25-2017, 10:26 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Conquest- I hope you all are okay. Looks gnarly down there!

Oh man, I busted my knee so bad on the wall tonight. This is the first time I'm actually reduced to limping around and laying on the couch with an ice pack. Not lookin too badass right now, haha! It was totally worth it though.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

i watched an episode on Netflix last night (Rock the Park, S1 E15) and thought of you Briar. At the end they climb Moro Rock in Sequoia park. I've climbed the stairs to the top of that rock numerous times and seen the view looking down. The climb looked fun but I just don't think I could overcome my fear of heights and do something like that. Sorry about the knee.

I hope everyone is well and/or recuperating nicely.

Gym time!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:22 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Happy b'day Briar!

And tgif (almost)

Have a great weekend all.
You, too, Mark!!!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:25 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Conquest View Post
Hi guys!

Happy bday Briar!!! I hope your day and year are absolutely fantastic!!!

And thanks for thinking of me, sweet friends. I've been working some cray hours and have had zero time to chill with my iPad lately. It should all simmer down soon...once this hurricane passes! We're not expected to get a direct hit, but...Good grief!!! I hate this stuff.
Growing up near the Gulf of Mexico, I've experienced and survived several tropical storms and hurricanes. However, it's still a bit alarming and unfortunately super stressful for me. Cowboy isn't sweating a bit though, making sure our generator is running well and that everything is tucked up into the garage. (I'm choosing to be more focused on the water and snacks, of course. Lol.) There've been tons of drinking jokes around the office... Everyone laughing about putting booze first on their hurricane shopping lists. Thankfully, I've learned my lesson from experience. It only makes it all more miserable. A quick laugh and a smile is all that's needed to quiet the topic and the AV.

I'd read back now but I've got get up super early to make an insanely early meeting. Looking forward to catching up very soon!
Very Good to hear from you, Conquest, and to hear that you are ready for Harvey!!!!!

Stocking up on the booze for blizzards and hurricanes was always the norm (top priority) in our area, too. The thought makes me nauseous.

Stay safe, dear one.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
i watched an episode on Netflix last night (Rock the Park, S1 E15) and thought of you Briar. At the end they climb Moro Rock in Sequoia park. I've climbed the stairs to the top of that rock numerous times and seen the view looking down. The climb looked fun but I just don't think I could overcome my fear of heights and do something like that. Sorry about the knee.

I hope everyone is well and/or recuperating nicely.

Gym time!
The thought sends shivers down my spine - no way, Ray!!!!!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:27 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Briar View Post
Conquest- I hope you all are okay. Looks gnarly down there!

Oh man, I busted my knee so bad on the wall tonight. This is the first time I'm actually reduced to limping around and laying on the couch with an ice pack. Not lookin too badass right now, haha! It was totally worth it though.
Oh no!!!!! Keep icing!!!!!!

Ouch!

Hugs.
Old 08-26-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by phoebe64 View Post
Stay safe, Conquest!!

Up here, the thing is to stock up on booze for blizzards...because shoveling snow i so much more fun with a hangover? NOT!!

I have finally had about 2 days where I actually feel normal!! This, for the first time since April 4th, but who's counting? Me!! I was up with the birds to go with hubby to an appointment, and he got good news there. Whew. Some watchful waiting, but no imminent surgery or cancer treatment in the near future. We went out to breakfast, and then I took my son back to school shopping and went to Trader Joe's with him. It may not sound like much, but I have not been able to be at all spontaneous about leaving the house for even a run to the grocery store. Fingers crossed this is it, and I am over the hump!

I need to go back and read the latest posts, but I did want to pop in because I was thinking about the hurricane and Conquest. Of course, thinking of anyone in its path and hoping there is not much damage.
Somehow I missed the news that there was some concern for your husband, phoebe.

I will add him to my prayers.

So very good to hear that you are feeling better!!!!! Yippeeeeeeeeee!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Arbor View Post
Stay safe Conquest! Thanks for checking in!
Hi, Arbor! How is the unpacking going?
Old 08-26-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hello and Love to the Octsobers!!!!!!
Old 08-26-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

Have a lovely day, all.

Sleep well, Dee!

Be back later!