Notices

Class of March 2016 part 55

Old 07-22-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Yep. Casey, that's him! I've met him a few times & hung out with his family. They are so nice! On his 25th bday he was pitching against the Yankees in Tampa & my friend and I were at the game, right behind home plate.....I was holding up a "Happy Birthday Jeremy" sign that I had made & we got on TV....next time we met him he nodded and said "I remember you guys"
Old 07-22-2017, 08:21 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Speaking of birthdays, someone very special has a birthday tomorrow......sharing the same day as the kickoff for Shark Week (PeacefulRain are you ready??!!) Lucky Sharks!

I also have the day off, which I probably have mentioned 100 times.....I'm so excited.....I may even get to sleep in till 6!
Old 07-23-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Well, where the frick is everyone? Oh, you all must be waiting for the birthday party......well, two years ago for his 50th, a fan page I follow on Twitter took up a collection for a present & card that she was able to personally give to Slash at a show. (She emailed pics to me as well and kept us all posted.) She put personal messages from all of us on his card, including our Twitter handles....a couple of days later this direct message popped up......best $10 I ever spent!

Old 07-23-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Morning Purplrks!! Guess the sleeping in until six thing didn't happen for you. Boo. I'm the same way though on days off. That is a very cool message! Wow! I remember when my youngest followed a drummer from Hedley (a Canadian band) on Twitter and then he followed her back....she cried!! Can't imagine what she would have done if she had gotten a message from him. Enjoy your free day!
Old 07-23-2017, 03:22 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Well I'm up and ready to face the day. Six days left in this diet and five day until I start a week of holidays. Not sure which I am looking forward to more. Lol

PJ - maybe you could move to Canada and be a Mountie. I've heard you get to take home your own horse. It's like a signing bonus.

Well I am off for a short jog. Happy Sunday!!
Old 07-23-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Nitey nite all. Major arguments with hubby tonite. Mish is not going to bed happy. But Mish is going to bed sober and that's all that matters. Love you guys xxx
Old 07-23-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. I'm the first one up (sober I always am) and have a cup of starting fluid beside me. Stellar's Jays are outside making a racket. Nice to hear because we don't have them back east.

Yesterday was lovely. Celebrated SIL's BD beside Lake Tahoe. Lovely meal and nobody got into the drinks very far. Around sunset, Coldplay's "Yellow" came on and I looked out across the lake and thought, "Yeah, it's better this way." Then I thought, "More than that I really like it this way." A wistful moment, peaceful.

There were a few drunk patrons around, sweaty, red faced, loud, and I just looked away.

I hope things go better for you MITA. My wife must have been in your shoes many many times. Take care.

Have a great, sober day everyone. It's just better this way.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:09 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Morning, guys! HBD Slash!

Sorry about your fight, Mish. Good job not drinking over it.

Pelagic- sounds nice. I'm happy for you.

Purple - I'll take what your having. I need to wake up.

Sam- enjoy your day. Too hot here for me to jog. I've seen one or two people jogging. They're diehards. I'd just die hard. (I crack myself up)

MITA- it reached 108 here yesterday. Felt like walking in a sauna.

Casey- have a good day at work.

Visit with Nathan went really well. Kamry was adorable. He seems better right now than he has for the past 7 years.

Have a great day everyone! Going to visit the youngest at camp and spend the day with her.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:24 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Wow Bobbie, I grew up in the Midwest but I can't remember 108! Stay cool. Good to hear Nathan is doing well. He's blessed to have you and he'll figure it out with your love and help.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:14 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 59. Prime number. Quick check-in. Already been awake way too long and heading to work now. Will catch up with everyone this evening. I'm not gonna drink today. That would not be a wise decision.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:22 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

It's weird being off work this morning but it's nice. I went to the gym earlier since I'm not sure how much exercise I'll really get during Goat Yoga....it's at 1:30 this afternoon but it's also really crappy outside ~ we'll see what happens! Glad to be here with you all!

You are so right, Pelagic....."It's just better this way" ~ I will be borrowing that one!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday all!

Day 7. This time last week I was feeling pretty miserable. Yes, it is much better this way. Off to the zoo this morning. Princess Ariel is making a guest appearance there today. Grateful for sobriety this morning and for you all. Will check back in later. Have a great day!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:44 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

“If you have ever had one single thought that you wanted something more for your life, please heed that thought. I believe it is the voice of your own heart asking you to become whole again.” - Tommy Rosen

Happy Sunday gang!
Old 07-23-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I am glad the stuff went well- is going well with fam. B.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I like the quote, MITA. After so long believing myself to be not being trustworthy to myself- the natural quiet voice of healing is hard to find sometimes.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:49 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Well, that's craptastic! Had to take a rain check for goat yoga.....stupid weather! At least I saw the email before driving all the way over there.....mindful crap.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Purp- it sounds like you need mindful crap yoga. ...and breath out...saying 'f u'.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:26 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Purps, if you search on YouTube for "An Honest Mediation", you'll find some funny stuff - some profanity, which is why I didn't post the link. I get a kick out of it though.

I could use some mindfulness myself lately - just feeling a little squirrelly, not sure where I am going sometimes.
Old 07-23-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Checking in. Leaving work now. My big boss is back from two weeks of holidays tomorrow so I figured I'd sneak out as early as possible today while I can.

Bobbie - so glad you're visit with Nathan went well. Enjoy the time with your daughter today ❤️

Mish - sorry about the fight with DH. Things always look better in the morning.

Purplrks - that sucks about Goat Yoga. I do have to say though that while goats are cute...they are probably less so when they smell like wet goat.

LB - seven days is awesome!!

MITA - I'm a work in progress when it comes to mindfulness too...heck I'm a work in progress when it comes to most things.

Casey - I hope work is fast and profitable!!

Pelagic - I love sober mornings...nothing quite like that peaceful feeling that is regret-free

Hi PJ!!

BBG - what are you up to today?

Well that's it for now....I will be back later.
Old 07-23-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

It's officially SHARK WEEK!!!!!! 🦈 🦈 🦈

I'm off to make my cupcakes. I made little shark fins as cupcake toppers. I have blue corn tortilla chips "shark fins" and homemade (red) salsa "slow swimmers" I won't explain that one to my kids 😂, blue punch "ocean water" and we are starting the night off with steak and lobster.