Notices

Class of March 2016 part 55

Old 07-23-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Happy Shark Week, PR! That's really cool.....I was watching some of it earlier & saw that the race is coming up between Michael Phelps and a shark - I might have to watch that, LOL!
Old 07-23-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm such a brat....the boys retweeted a guy's picture of his 18yr old son about to crowd surf for the first time during their show.....And I'm all, what kind of parents are these? They should be making sure he's paying attention to what's going on onstage, dammit!

Good thing I'm not drinking, I may have started a Twitter war!

Sorry, I'm just cranky. I'll get over it.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sunday snuggles, anyone?

Old 07-23-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Cranky is okay - I try to be cheery, but I know there is no cheery without the occasional cranky. No need to apologize

I'm taking it slow today. DW is working, so I'm taking the opportunity to do a few things around the house and catch up on some podcasts. I know that this sobriety thing doesn't just happen, and it takes some work, but I get a little complacent. Just hoping to add a few tools to my recovery - one or two motivating thoughts from people in a similar situation and I feel like the podcast has been worthwhile.

Heading out shortly to get some human interaction, too. Kind of let myself hibernate most of the day ....

Hope everyone has had an awesome weekend!!
Old 07-23-2017, 04:37 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

MITA- be careful with humans, they are unpredictable.
Purp- I saw images recently (TED talks) about a young man (late teems) who was wheelchair bound at a rock concert. With the coordinated aid of the rock band (don't know who) - this guy in the wheelchair crowd surfed. Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about. Whatever that means.
Iwas talking to my counsellor, the one who is my son's age with the same first 2 names- but 'round the other way. This guy is a crewie cut (does self with number 3 clippers), clean shaven, conservative- vcery fit. Talking about ther metroman image of the bushranger beard, the weird hair and designer applique that goes with it- the rugged designer jeans with a the top button done up with no tie look. The tattoos- only covering one arm or leg- a badge of manly man-ness, with hair and beard product- glasses that are the cost of a small, used car.... So I drew a charicature (?) and sourced the various 'bits'.
These hipster dudes even have lots of web based advice sites in health, beauty and rugged apparel to make their walk from the car to the coffee shop in the inner city more bearable. Men can have a 'man-bun' for example, but to categorise all men as having such is incorrect - as there is also 'polybuns'.
The general outlay for the metro hipster, WITHOUT a jacket..is conservatively is $5000. Maintenance and running costs for your hipster will vary. It also just covers the absolute basics. It does not include manfume, scrotal waxing or dental implants.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Goodnight, Motor Mouths. Been a nice day here. Gonna go let the dogs out one more time tonight and then coming home and watching Game of Thrones.

I didn't drink today. Thanks to all of you for being here and helping me reach that goal.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:21 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

GOT was awesome, Casey.

Night, guys.
Old 07-23-2017, 07:28 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

A quiet day here as well. Kayaking in the AM. Sat on a rock and soaked my feet in the river this afternoon, watching some rather bold water snakes go by, talking with family members, thinking about stuff.

Have a good evening all, or morning as the case may be.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:54 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

THE FEW HOURS SLEEP I HAD- I HAD A DREAM THAT WHEN I WOKE UP I WAS GOING TO GET A MIRGAINE AND MY BURNS BIT WOULD BE ABOVE TOLERABLE PAIN LEVELS. tHAT USING cbt - IT WAS REASONABLE TO GET A CODIENE BASED (sorry, sore head- caps lock) aspirin pain reliever.
Woke up and head, predictably started getting sore. Went and bought new boots (planned, old ones were give-a-ways that I have to wear 2 pairs of socks to make fit), then got milk and biccies for the lunchtime meeting (I am sec).
By the end of the meeting, I had an aura..meaning I knew a migraine coming. Every visual, sound, movement becomes intensified by about (I think, 20 times) . I had to remove my glasses because the pressure on my nose causes a throbbing.no codeine- ever!
So I used CBT t'other way. I get 'seasonal asthma' or really bad hayfever. Some migrainey research peoples say to take a gram of aspirin before the migraine sets in works. I have not had a migraine for a long time- that at least was not got rid of by booze. So I bought some aspirin and an anti-histamine, with talking to the pharmacist. I therefore have made progress. The last time I felt a migraine coming at me with a rush...I had to my (then) GF take me to the GP for a pethidine shot- it lasted 7 days. I was not a heavy drinker then. Am just blessed with mig's. I did the mindful crap too btw. I think I got it in time. It is not so much the pain- but the inability to function. Everything just shuts down. The meeting went well. So made it through the day.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:35 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hey PJ. Great work short-circuiting that migraine. I don't get them, thankfully, but I know a few people that do. They can't function when they hit.

Stayed up later than I should. Looking forward to a hangover free Monday. Thanks everyone.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

BTW..the mattress is no more. Yesterday- after being redirected and ending up partially on the road, a council worker on a ride-on- street sweeper (little one) had to go around it. A truck picked it up with 2 very unhappy workers doing the work. Saved me a phone call- I was holding off, admittedly b-cause it had become a focal point for a group of local younger adults- perhaps some token of some bad history.
Migraine gone...just left with that jetlag feeling.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Phoenix I hope your headache stays away!

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
“If you have ever had one single thought that you wanted something more for your life, please heed that thought. I believe it is the voice of your own heart asking you to become whole again.” - Tommy Rosen
^^^This is SO true!^^^

I've had a lot of reflection going on lately.....funny how being sober allows that.
Old 07-24-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Morning!!!

PJ - so glad your migraine is gone. I get them every so often and man do they ever just knock you on your butt.

Purplrks - I agree. It's amazing what being sober makes possible isn't it? Are you working today? If so I hope it flies by for you!!

Watched some of the new Netflix show Ozark last night...it has Jason Bateman in it who I don't mind. Pretty decent if anyone is looking for something new to watch.

Well off I go. Happy Monday!
Old 07-24-2017, 04:17 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Day 60. Cool number. Getting very close to two months.

Up way too early. Tending to the dogs for the last time as my folks are supposed to be back home by mid-day. Soon as I leave here, going home and sleeping for another three hours. Then work. Don't know after that but probably involves a video game. And a nap.

Sorry about your migraine but glad you were able to somewhat avoid it, Phoenix. And thanks for the mattress update.

I'm not gonna drink today. How about you?
Old 07-24-2017, 05:36 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning/evening all.

Up early (5 AM, the usual). Glad you made it past your migraine, PJ. My wife used to get them and she had to just lie down to let them pass. They must be agony.

Not much time for reflection lately, meaning I'm overdue for some. MITA, I too like that quote you posted. Alcohol keeps us in a holding pattern, sobriety let's us grow again, listen to our heart again.

Made it past the Sunday morning mimosas yesterday. I think DW tipped off her sister, maybe others. If she did, well I don't care. It's nice not being pestered about drinks.

I hope everyone has a good and sober day. It's just better this way.
Old 07-24-2017, 05:38 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. Trying to get an early start. Need some startin' fluid to be sure!! How 'bout you BBG?!!

I am just back to day 8 after my last screw up, but I feel like it's been an eventful and positive period for me. And you guys have a way of making this Sobriety thing kind of fun!! Bring on shark week
Old 07-24-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Mornin' everybody. Got my startin' fluid MITA! LOL
Old 07-24-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Morning!! Have Starting fluid!

Good job heading off the migraine, Phoenix. Hope you can feel normal soon. Those totally kick my butt. I like your avatar!

MITA - I think you are due for a cheery day - so be cheery. I will try also.

Purple - those freaking puppies are so cute!

Casey - 60 days!! woohoo!! Way to be the good son and take care of your parent's dogs.

Samantha - I don't mind Jason Bateman either. I may check out that show.

BBG- Have a great day!

Pelagic - you are sounding so much more at peace in a short amount of time. Happy for you.

Time to have a sober Monday. I had a drinking dream last night. It was weird. I was crying because I didn't want to go back to day one. I woke up pretty upset.
Good thing it was a dream.

Someone used my company credit card over the weekend. Trying to get it cancelled. Weird stuff.

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 07-24-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Have you heard about the decline of yurts in Mongolia? It's intense.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I looked it up MITA. Sad story.

Speaking of sad - I guess it's sad Phelps didn't beat the shark yesterday. lol