Notices

Class of July 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 07-26-2017, 12:10 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Well done Wrigley, excellent news for me to wake up to.
Old 07-26-2017, 12:47 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Please let me join your class

Hello,
I have been here many times before but it's been nearly a year since I've reached out for help.

I'm hoping that I can be a member of the July 2017 class and have that be my last class.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:00 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Yay !!!! I made it to Day 4 - I managed to fight the craving yesterday. Day 3 is awful for me -This is where I have failed in the last few weeks but I've done it. I have an appointment with the counsellor this morning and not sure what I'm going to do when I come back. Will check in later X
Old 07-26-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

Morning all, feel great this morning although a bit emotional. No Av at the mo but im sure the sneaky sod is just round the corner!!! Hoping ur all feeling good!!!
Old 07-26-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Morning! Day 1 for me yesterday (25 July), day 2 today and for once, despite feeling terrible for much of yesterday and doing very little as a result, I managed to get a fairly decent night's sleep.

There's no cravings at the moment but they usually start to kick in for me after the third or fourth day so I need to make plans to do something to keep myself busy over the next few days.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:55 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Made it to day 21. More intense dreams last night but they were pleasant ones this time. Feeling pretty good, started eating better now too which is helping.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:08 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Day 6.
Old 07-26-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

2:30am and I can't sleep!!! Ugh. Trying to find a happy documentary (I love positive change sort of shows) or anything to lull me to sleep. Not sleeping is the most difficult part for me.
Old 07-26-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Good Morning, Everyone! Lots of accomplishments!
Great, Wrigley! You set a new record...FallingLeaves Day 6 is one day away from a week...Sean, 3 weeks is something we are all proud of...look how far we all have come! 60andbeyond, you have chosen an exceptional class to join. We are the champions!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Hey guys!

Wanted to introduce myself and say I'm glad to be here. Today makes 5 days and I'm pretty damn proud of myself. Someone asked me if I felt strong yesterday and I truly don't know yet. I don't want to get cocky because this disease can sweep me back up anytime. I just want to focus on the most important day, which is today and move forward!

I love it here and I look forward to coming back daily to check in!
Old 07-26-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Welcome tr4vionz, 5 days is great and you've got a great train of thought because it can come out of nowhere and get you, coming back to this thread helps me loads though
Old 07-26-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

Hello fellow Julyers..just got through day 3 and feeling great for it. I look forward to coming in here everyday to see all your posts. It's very encouraging. I have always felt alone and isolated in this problem of mine. Just one thing, no two..what does AV mean and what is "a plan" I thought my plan was don't drink..
Old 07-26-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Wow, wow, just wow! Our class is filling up quite nicely,and Im loving it! Great to see so many posts, so many doing well, so many returning.

Had a quiet anniversary, unfortunately, no dinner out. Thats ok tho. Hubs work schedule very bust atm.

Day four , bring it on!!!
Old 07-26-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Day 10 done and dusted. Have a bit of the AVs around 4pm but I ignored them
Old 07-26-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Dilly, the AV is your addictive voice. A plan is what you are going to do when the cravings hit. You can read about it all in the secular forums. Hope this helps ya.
Old 07-26-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Stubbs16 View Post
Dilly, the AV is your addictive voice. A plan is what you are going to do when the cravings hit. You can read about it all in the secular forums. Hope this helps ya.
Thanks Stubbs. Ok I get that. My AV will hit about 4.45pm tomorrow on my way home from work. I've been home the last 3 days so easy to not drink. My job is stressful and loads of pressure so tomorrow I need to make a plan on what I am going to do. I don't suppose just get in the car and don't stop until I get home would do it?
Old 07-26-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Welcome Dilly This post should help about a plan: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...very-plan.html
Old 07-26-2017, 04:52 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dillyboy View Post
My job is stressful and loads of pressure so tomorrow I need to make a plan on what I am going to do. I don't suppose just get in the car and don't stop until I get home would do it?
You could try what I did by accident a long time ago. Follow these steps:

1. Leave car lights on while at work to drain battery.
2. After finishing work, call professionals to come start your car.
3. When they jump start your car, your car alarm will go insane and your hazard lights will start flashing. This is excellent.
4. When professionals ask for the alarm key, say "Ahhhhh, I didn't know what that key did when I bought the car, so I left that key at home in a drawer".
5. Drive out the gates and head home as professional shakes his head at you in the rear view mirror.
6. Drive 20-25 minutes home along highways etc with car alarm blaring in multiple modes and hazard lights flashing. Occasionally your hazard lights will stop flashing for about 10 seconds. This is your chance to use your indicators and impress the other drivers on the road!

I promise you will not stop on your way home to buy alcohol.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:07 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rubaduck View Post
You could try what I did by accident a long time ago. Follow these steps:

1. Leave car lights on while at work to drain battery.
2. After finishing work, call professionals to come start your car.
3. When they jump start your car, your car alarm will go insane and your hazard lights will start flashing. This is excellent.
4. When professionals ask for the alarm key, say "Ahhhhh, I didn't know what that key did when I bought the car, so I left that key at home in a drawer".
5. Drive out the gates and head home as professional shakes his head at you in the rear view mirror.
6. Drive 20-25 minutes home along highways etc with car alarm blaring in multiple modes and hazard lights flashing. Occasionally your hazard lights will stop flashing for about 10 seconds. This is your chance to use your indicators and impress the other drivers on the road!

I promise you will not stop on your way home to buy alcohol.
Haha very funny. I'm in Melbourne (Australia not USA). It's the middle of winter so dark by 5.15pm. So can't see what you described working for me. I think your plan would definitely make me want to drink. No, I read every post here and see what I experience is what you all go through. I can do this..I want to do this..I will do this. Its after 10pm now so off to bed but I will be back in tomorrow night to let you know how I went. I'm about 11 hours ahead of you guys.
Old 07-26-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Good morning all. I'm on day 2 and am feeling well. I usually don't drink daily so I think my body doesn't know I quit yet lol. I'm waiting for mood swings but I actually woke up in a great mood so I'm going with it. There's a lot going on at work, a coworker passed away abd another has a new job starting next week so a lot of responsibility is falling to me. I'll check in later. Have a good day.