Notices

24 Hour Recovery Connection Part 266

Old 07-05-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Count me in for another 24 please.
Survived my partners Birthday lunch in pub. Drank lemon and lime.
Stay strong everyone.
We got this.
Love from Portsmouth, England. 5.36 pm. X.H.
Onward, together, Pebbles
Old 07-05-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Keep the faith lovely. We are all with you. If I could I would give you the biggest hug. Take it one hour at a time if you have to. Chill with some music. The subliminals on YouTube are very good..they cover everything from drink/drugs / depression / anger. They have helped me so , so much .I just stick my headphones on and escape the World.
You are not alone.
Xxx pebbles xx

Pebbles
I accept th hug.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

, Lost

Originally Posted by Lostmyoffswitch View Post
In for 24
Old 07-05-2017, 01:19 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PurpleKnight View Post
In for another 24hrs!!
PurpleKnight
Old 07-05-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
I'm sorry you are having those thoughts, I go there sometimes as well and I know how exhausting it is. I like your affirmation at the end about choice- I need to remind myself of the multitude of choices in front of me today and how each one takes me towards or away from my goals..
Old 07-05-2017, 01:20 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Really struggling today.
I think yesterday was just too much for me- too much socialization, too much stress with the AV tempting me at the pool, and too much stress wondering how much my husband was going to drink (he only had 2 beers.)

I'm just in a bad place and I want this feeling to end.
It's going to get much easier as time goes on, I promise, Sunflowerlife.

Stay close.

We are always here for you.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
10:44 in California and checking in for another 24. Heading to the beach with the kids for a few hours, and then heading to Hatha yoga tonight at 6:00. The class is an hour and a half, and always puts my mind in a good place.

Thank you to all of you who offered positive comment and suggestions on my post last night. First, it is nice to know that others have had those pesky thoughts after a good amount of sober time. Second, it was nice to just have your support.

I'm glad I was never tempted to act on the thought, and also suppose the awareness is good, and will just ensure I continue to work on the things that have really helped me in recovery. That is why I combining two of my favorite things today: the beach for the day to relax by the waves of the ocean, and then yoga tonight to relax, reset, and recharge.

Hope everyone is having a great day.

❤️Delilah
,,Delilah.

Enjoy the beach.

Will you catch the sunset?
Old 07-05-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
Another awesome day.

Life is just better sober. Period.

24 more please.
Amen!!!!!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Some days I feel like a big fat fraud. I mean what gives me the right to give anyone advice? The one and only thing I have managed to do is not drink alcohol for 77 days. Don't get me wrong that's amazing for me and I am happy and proud about it. But my brain is exactly the same. Except now it's sugar it's caffeine it's nicotine it's TV it's social media...... I could go on. Mood swings, anger, fear, lethargy...... all run rampant at times. It's like instead of just an AV my little voice wants to sabotage any progress I make in terms of my self esteem. Maybe it is just an AV trying other tactics to bring me back "see nothing is better yet plus you're moody and getting fatter by the day so might as well drink" I dont really know whats going on in my crazy mixed up head. All I do know is that I have a long way to go and I'm going to try my best
Take care all and hugs to anyone suffering. We are doing an amazing thing ❤❤❤
Have you ever looked into mindfulness, jo.

I will look for a good link.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Here is a link, jo:

https://www.mindful.org/meditation/m...tting-started/
Old 07-05-2017, 01:27 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Some days I feel like a big fat fraud. I mean what gives me the right to give anyone advice? The one and only thing I have managed to do is not drink alcohol for 77 days. Don't get me wrong that's amazing for me and I am happy and proud about it. But my brain is exactly the same. Except now it's sugar it's caffeine it's nicotine it's TV it's social media...... I could go on. Mood swings, anger, fear, lethargy...... all run rampant at times. It's like instead of just an AV my little voice wants to sabotage any progress I make in terms of my self esteem. Maybe it is just an AV trying other tactics to bring me back "see nothing is better yet plus you're moody and getting fatter by the day so might as well drink" I dont really know whats going on in my crazy mixed up head. All I do know is that I have a long way to go and I'm going to try my best
Take care all and hugs to anyone suffering. We are doing an amazing thing ❤❤❤

Thanks for sharing with honesty. You are doing good 77 days is a great time in sobriety, I'm in the same place at the moment, but I know getting drunk will NOT fix it.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
Thanks Leigh I'll check it out ❤❤❤
Old 07-05-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Not got much advice for you Jo only that you are doing great and do not give it up for anything..
Amen!!!!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gregknight View Post
Good afternoon, SR peoples! Checking in from Idaho and am ready for another 24. I hope everyone had a safe, sober, and happy 4th!

p.s., a prayer for you today from me, efra. p.s. 2.0, I know exactly how you feel, Sunflower!
Congrats, again, on your Milestone, gregknight
Old 07-05-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post
Ah Dear one. It's not a drinking problem. It's a me problem. I found I not only had to quit drinking, I had to change everything. It's slow to go but you'll find your authentic self. Believe it!
That's the scary part Kris. The realisation that putting down the bottle is just the start is quite overwhelming but I WON'T give in I've come too far now. Thank you sweetheart. I hope you and your husband are okay ❤❤❤
Old 07-05-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Keep walking the walk, Jo. You are doing a fantastic job and I am so grateful you are part of my recovery. Get out of your head. Go for a walk, read a good book. You are amazing.
Congrats, again, on your Milestone, Bobbieka
Old 07-05-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Celebration time!

Today we Celebrate 3 Terrific People! BringingBackB has 7 Superb Months of Sobriety, Bobbieka has 1 Year and 1 Month and Gregknight has One Amazing Year of Recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serving a Chocolate Celebration Cake and Vanilla Bean Ice Cream! How Beautiful is this?! Stay the course!

Old 07-05-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Jo-You have me in tears because I could have written this myself. Today I chose food over having fun with my little guy. I am escaping with FB and tv and food, food food. Because I want to drink. Because I want to be thinner. Because I want to be happy in my marriage. Because I can't fix my life as quickly as I would like.
But you know what? We are sober. We are freaking changing the most important thing in the world for ourselves and for those we love. We are choosing to love ourselves after years of abuse. We are choosing life over death. We are choosing clarity over toxic, poisoned thinking.

I think the rest will slowly fall into place.
Let's give ourselves a little break. It's okay to have an "off" day filled with sugar and cigarettes. It's OKAY.

Hang in there, maybe tomorrow we will feel better. You are in no way a fraud- you are loving, caring and helpful towards others. And most importantly you are HERE because you want a better life. Let's try to go easy on ourselves for the rest of the day. It's going to be okay, a few extra calories and some wasted social media time and all. It's really going to be okay.

Wow
Old 07-05-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Goodnight Guys
Pleasant dreams, Neo.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
I will take another 24 sober ones please!
Hev, your avatar is adorable