Goodnight Guys
Goodnight neoo
Old 07-05-2017, 12:21 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Good night, Neoo. Sweet dreams.
Old 07-05-2017, 12:36 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Jo-You have me in tears because I could have written this myself. Today I chose food over having fun with my little guy. I am escaping with FB and tv and food, food food. Because I want to drink. Because I want to be thinner. Because I want to be happy in my marriage. Because I can't fix my life as quickly as I would like.
But you know what? We are sober. We are freaking changing the most important thing in the world for ourselves and for those we love. We are choosing to love ourselves after years of abuse. We are choosing life over death. We are choosing clarity over toxic, poisoned thinking.

I think the rest will slowly fall into place.
Let's give ourselves a little break. It's okay to have an "off" day filled with sugar and cigarettes. It's OKAY.

Hang in there, maybe tomorrow we will feel better. You are in no way a fraud- you are loving, caring and helpful towards others. And most importantly you are HERE because you want a better life. Let's try to go easy on ourselves for the rest of the day. It's going to be okay, a few extra calories and some wasted social media time and all. It's really going to be okay.
That's lovely sunflowerlife (((thank you))) and rationally I know I should give myself a break. That's another work I hate "should"......it creates expectations and standards I'm just not up to yet. Tell you what let's me and you take it easy for a few days and see how it goes.❤❤❤
Old 07-05-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I will take another 24 sober ones please!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome to the New
24 Hour Recovery Connection.

Please join others in making a commitment to stay
clean and sober for the next 24 Hours.

Check in once a day and every day by posting
your local time.
You may post a special message or song or image or your story.
Anyone can volunteer to do something
special for the group.

last part
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-265-a-17.html

D
A good sleep, Dee! Thank you!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:52 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timeforchange18 View Post
I'm back. Mentally and physically I need to stop drinking. Day 1. I will take 24hrs please.
Good to see you back!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Happy Wednesday that feels like Monday!! Short work week - woohoo!!

Have an awesome day, guys!!

24 more for me.

YAY For YOU! 1 Year and 1 month!!!!!
Old 07-05-2017, 12:59 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by erfra7 View Post
Good morning everyone

In a pity mode top with lots anger my foot still broken. Plus thinking Suicide why my brain go there.

But I don't I don't want to drink or drug over it. So here it goes please give me another 24:00 more............................

There are really only two ways to approach life--as victim or as gallant fighter-and you must decide if you want to act or react, deal your own cards or play with a stacked deck. And if you don't decide which way to play with life, it always plays with you.

—Merle Shain

Being the victim is, or was, uncomfortably familiar to many of us. Perhaps some of us are only now realizing we have choices, that we need not let life happen to us. Becoming responsible to ourselves, choosing behavior, beliefs, friends, activities, that please us, though unfamiliar at first, soon exhilarates us. The more choices we make, the more alive we feel. The more alive we feel, the healthier our choices.

Our aim is recovery. Recovering means participating fully in our lives. It means self-assessment and self-direction. It means trusting to move forward, step-by-step, choice-by-choice, knowing all the while that no thoughtful action can trouble us.

Many opportunities to make choices will present themselves today. The choices I make will satisfy me; they will move me toward my goal of recovery.
Time for a meeting? BIG Hugs for you Friend.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles666 View Post
Count me in for another 24 please.
Survived my partners Birthday lunch in pub. Drank lemon and lime.
Stay strong everyone.
We got this.
Love from Portsmouth, England. 5.36 pm. X.H.
GOOD Going!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:01 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Really struggling today.
I think yesterday was just too much for me- too much socialization, too much stress with the AV tempting me at the pool, and too much stress wondering how much my husband was going to drink (he only had 2 beers.)

I'm just in a bad place and I want this feeling to end.
Maybe some Meditation and prayer. Call a friend!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:02 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mystified View Post
another awesome day.

Life is just better sober. Period.

24 more please.
hugs!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Some days I feel like a big fat fraud. I mean what gives me the right to give anyone advice? The one and only thing I have managed to do is not drink alcohol for 77 days. Don't get me wrong that's amazing for me and I am happy and proud about it. But my brain is exactly the same. Except now it's sugar it's caffeine it's nicotine it's TV it's social media...... I could go on. Mood swings, anger, fear, lethargy...... all run rampant at times. It's like instead of just an AV my little voice wants to sabotage any progress I make in terms of my self esteem. Maybe it is just an AV trying other tactics to bring me back "see nothing is better yet plus you're moody and getting fatter by the day so might as well drink" I dont really know whats going on in my crazy mixed up head. All I do know is that I have a long way to go and I'm going to try my best
Take care all and hugs to anyone suffering. We are doing an amazing thing ❤❤❤
Ah Dear one. It's not a drinking problem. It's a me problem. I found I not only had to quit drinking, I had to change everything. It's slow to go but you'll find your authentic self. Believe it!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Not got much advice for you Jo only that you are doing great and do not give it up for anything..
This needs to be said again!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gregknight View Post
Good afternoon, SR peoples! Checking in from Idaho and am ready for another 24. I hope everyone had a safe, sober, and happy 4th!

p.s., a prayer for you today from me, efra. p.s. 2.0, I know exactly how you feel, Sunflower!

CONGRATULATIONS Gregknight on 1 Fantastic Year of Recovery in your Sobriety!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep Soaring!
Old 07-05-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Neoo View Post
Goodnight Guys
GOODnite, Neoooooo
Old 07-05-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
I'm in for another 24 please and thank you!

I had a wonderful fourth of July, but I must say that I'm glad it's over. Every house in our neighborhood was having a party and the fireworks were non-stop all night long. My poor dog was scared to death.

Congrats to all reaching a milestone today. Hope everyone has a terrific day. Much love to all.
Love to you, sweet Surrender.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hi Hevyn....................
Old 07-05-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone

In a pity mode top with lots anger my foot still broken. Plus thinking Suicide why my brain go there.

But I don't I don't want to drink or drug over it. So here it goes please give me another 24:00 more............................

There are really only two ways to approach life--as victim or as gallant fighter-and you must decide if you want to act or react, deal your own cards or play with a stacked deck. And if you don't decide which way to play with life, it always plays with you.

—Merle Shain

Being the victim is, or was, uncomfortably familiar to many of us. Perhaps some of us are only now realizing we have choices, that we need not let life happen to us. Becoming responsible to ourselves, choosing behavior, beliefs, friends, activities, that please us, though unfamiliar at first, soon exhilarates us. The more choices we make, the more alive we feel. The more alive we feel, the healthier our choices.

Our aim is recovery. Recovering means participating fully in our lives. It means self-assessment and self-direction. It means trusting to move forward, step-by-step, choice-by-choice, knowing all the while that no thoughtful action can trouble us.

Many opportunities to make choices will present themselves today. The choices I make will satisfy me; they will move me toward my goal of recovery.
I understand your discouragement, erfra.

Please call a Suicide Hotline or go to the ER if those thoughts continue.

We love you.
Old 07-05-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone

—Merle Shain

I understand your discouragement, erfra, but thoughts so suicide are not normal.

Please call a Suicide Hotline or go to the ER if those thoughts continue.

We love you.