# 161 (permalink)  

July 3, 2017
– NATIONAL EAT YOUR BEANS DAY
- NATIONAL FRIED CLAM DAY
– NATIONAL BARBECUED SPARERIBS DAY
– NATIONAL CHOCOLATE WAFER DAY
Old 07-03-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

BBG - I'm not hugging you if you eat your beans. Just saying.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:02 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I'll still hug you, BBG. I'm not a beanophobic.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:03 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

lol, Casey. Sorry your parents watch F@@ news. Kind of funny though. My husband and his mother get into it over politics at least once every time they talk. I don't see the point. No minds are going to be changed that way. You are sweet to fix their computer problems.

Have a good day at work.
Old 07-03-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

"Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you."
Old 07-03-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I don't fight them or even talk to them about politics. I made it very clear that couldn't happen. But I have spent at least 50% less time with them since the November elections. I definitely have a resentment there and just can't understand some of my parents' actions/justifications when they're such kind and compassionate people to those near them. It's made me not want to be around them as much. I still love them but I guess I don't necessarily trust them right now. Oh well, while this does affect my state of mind and thus has somewhat of an effect on my recovery, this isn't the place to get into this subject any deeper. My apologies to anyone on the other side of the fence. You're good people and I thank you for keeping that stuff out of here. Maybe getting this one post out of my head will help me move forward.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Re-Member

That took 30 seconds.
Old 07-03-2017, 08:59 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

It was still very nice of you. My parents don't own a computer so we don't have those issues. Every time I'm with my mom she says, can you fix my phone?
Old 07-03-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assurance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Our thought-life will be placed on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives.

And acceptance is the answer to all my problems today. When I am disturbed, it is because I find some person, place, thing, or situation-some fact of my life-unacceptable to me, and can find no serenity until I accept that person, place, thing or situation as being exactly the way it is supposed to be at this moment. Nothing, absolutely nothing, happens in God’s world by mistake.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:41 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

0500 Tuesday. Hope all are okay.
Old 07-03-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Just got home from work. How are you, Phoenix?
Old 07-03-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Home from work here too. Going to make a tea and wake up a little. May work from home tomorrow....I feel like staying in my pjs all day. Hope everyone one is enjoying their afternoon!
Old 07-03-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Hey there, hope everyone is doing well. Been a pretty busy day here, and now I'm hot, tired and thirsty. Waiting in the parking lot at the grocery store for the barbarian horde to finish sacking the place. As soon as we get back I need huge amounts of water to hopefully shut down this AV for the evening.

Happy almost 4th!!
Old 07-03-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend....what day is it again!? Not used to being off on a Monday....tomorrow will really throw me off 'cause I'll be going to work where I normally work on weekends ~ No complaints here, tho....I will be hangover-freeeeee!!

This time last year was when I first slipped after joining SR.....so guess who's gonna be staying close by?

Time to make a cup of tea and find a stupid movie
Old 07-03-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Checking in here. Been off work for a few hours. Running errands, etc. About to start a new playthrough of Fallout 4. Sobriety through video games, I guess.

All is good. Major lightning storm outside right now. Well, of course it's outside. It would be extra dangerous if it was inside, right?

Enjoy your water and poison-free night, MITA.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I'm not gonna drink tonight.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Hoping to head to bed soon after some laundry - tomorrow will be tough - long, hot, boating, swimming, smores, fireworks...! Will check in tomorrow AM. Sleep well, friends!

(Had a nasty dream I was sloppily pouring my 2nd glass of a wine from a pitcher. A pitcher?! Relieved to wake up hangover-free!!)
Old 07-03-2017, 07:50 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
Re-Member

I usually just poured my wine from boxes and skipped right past the carafe and pitcher stages.

Video gamed out for now. Going to bed. Long day at work tomorrow. Grateful to be going to bed sober. Sleep well, Motor Mouths!
Old 07-03-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

5k in the morning. Then BBQ and swimming at my brother's. Should be a pleasant day. Hope everyone is doing okay. Love you guys.
Old 07-04-2017, 12:28 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

B- I am tired ( nothing new), very sore (forced many hours of walking, to let out neg emotions)- cope with that, no response from ex- about if home/contents insured (I offered to pay my share)- expected, another move- date keeps changing (that's life), a promised white goods grant for a w'machine not happening because counsellor stuffed it up (that happens), faceless government gone back into red tape mode (diaappointing), most of what I need - re contents of a home- which I do not have like cutlery, linen....at family home 9once again ex never answers the most reasonable of asks- even if put through a senior counsellor), at the meeting- the Frank Burns guy was there- laughing at wrong times, answering phone, walking about- talking loudly to others, commenting when people sharing- etc,etc (annoying- but bearable), then the other 2 guys who shared may as well have been his bothers.... again never help set up, clean up- just talk to the people doing it (I was one). The art-g, I have been mustering the courage to go on a drawing tutored tour of an exhib. oVERCOMING SELF DOUBT. aDVERTISED, DOUBLE CHECKED- WENT IN, REFERRED TO 3 DIFFERENT SECTIONS, TOOK MY NAME, BUT NOT ENOUGH INTEREST SO PROBABLY (see- caps-l, distracted)will be cancelled- after being assured it was on.
So I am annoyed at myself for feeling belligerent.
Old 07-04-2017, 01:26 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Tomorrow will be tough - long, hot, boating, swimming, smores, fireworks...!
Have fun today, Apple You're right ~ that sounds just awful!

Wish I could join you in the 5k, Bobbie! Sounds like a good way to celebrate the fourth. I passed by the gym yesterday like Hey, that place looks familiar!

HUGS, Phoenix

First round of startin' fluid is underway ~ I'll check back in after work. I think it was Saoutchik in the weekender thread who mentioned that we are celebrating independence from alcohol as well. That is so true!