Notices

Class of June 2017 Support Thread Part One

Old 06-01-2017, 09:08 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to everyone who is new! You have found a place where you always have support. And, welcome to those who are trying again. We must never give up.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

hello everyone i've not been around for a while, fell off quite bad drinking everyday for about a month and the first signs of it affecting my health are showing up so i need to stop. i've got myself into an addiction service going to group sessions two days a week for 2 hours so hopefully that helps thinking of going to aa too.
I haven't drank since saturday already but got some horrible cravings that keep popping up, doing my best to ignore them. hope everyone does well on staying sober today
Old 06-01-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Started my journey yesterday by reaching out to all recovering addicts I know. Also attended my first AA meeting. I am a third generation drunk who has been hard-charging for around 18 years. Recently separated from my spouse and kids. I have to get this right!!
Old 06-01-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Funny, it put down **** even though the word I used was not offensive - it was the 4 letter word for "pee pee" if you know what I mean.

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post
Put it in the corner - would **** off my hosts if I tossed it out.

But I am not going to touch it.

Thank you.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

I've been reading these forums for years and posted off and on. Been struggling with a drinking problem for a while and I'm finally ready to give this quitting thing a go! I'd love to join too along with others like me and have this daily support.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Yay, let's do it! Now we have at least 3 West Coasters!

Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Hello everyone!

I've been reading these forums for years and posted off and on. Been struggling with a drinking problem for a while and I'm finally ready to give this quitting thing a go! I'd love to join too along with others like me and have this daily support.
Old 06-01-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Yes! We're both in Northern CA!
Old 06-01-2017, 10:25 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Wow so many people already! Woo hoo! Welcome all! Day 5 begins. Slept ok I guess.
Blond how would your guests know whether u dump or drank it? Just dump it and if they somehow ask (I don't see why someone would) what u did with rest ...say u finished it off. Day 1 has to be more important than an open bottle of wine.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Although I technically quit in May, it was the end of and June 1st sounds like a nice start to a recovery date.

So here I am, Kairi, not gonna drink alcohol again. June 1st 2017 is the start of better sleep, more money, less dehydration and more ability to not fall over haha.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

More money, I love it! I don't want to think about all I've spent on alcohol in the past.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:31 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Congrats!! Day 5 is huge!!

Well, the bottle was in the middle of the dining room table when everyone got up, and they don't know I have this conviction now. But don't worry, I'm not touching it!

: )
Originally Posted by CuteNGayYay View Post
Wow so many people already! Woo hoo! Welcome all! Day 5 begins. Slept ok I guess.
Blond how would your guests know whether u dump or drank it? Just dump it and if they somehow ask (I don't see why someone would) what u did with rest ...say u finished it off. Day 1 has to be more important than an open bottle of wine.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Kairi -

Yeah to no falling over! And I've been getting numbness in my left arm . . . kinda scary, I know that's a sign it is effectinf my nervous and/or cardio system.

And Kats - it is a HUGE amount of money save, even if you stick to cheap California wine! There is way too much of that, part of my downfall . . .

Originally Posted by kairi View Post
Although I technically quit in May, it was the end of and June 1st sounds like a nice start to a recovery date.

So here I am, Kairi, not gonna drink alcohol again. June 1st 2017 is the start of better sleep, more money, less dehydration and more ability to not fall over haha.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:20 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

day 9 for me, fought the battle out for dinner last night and won. today planned a get together with kids and a friend. Sat in the sun chatting and she grabs a can of beer and offers me it, totally off guard, I wasn't expecting that. I said no thanks, she asked again, I said no, I really don't want it, but thank you. patting myself on the back for that one, as sitting in the sun with a cold beer would have been some sort of heaven last year. But not this year, not this time.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Morning all (my time)
Should be a straightforward Friday - into work and back home and avoiding is going to be pretty easy (I hope)
It is a holiday here on Monday so I'm looking forward to a nice long booze free weekend. Have a good day everyone .

T
Old 06-01-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello.....since joining last March I cut way back, but the whole moderation thing doesn't work for me. My last drink was March 8 of this year. Stay close to SR.....we've got an awesome group here......to me this site has made all the difference!
Old 06-01-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by blondsober View Post

And Kats - it is a HUGE amount of money save, even if you stick to cheap California wine! There is way too much of that, part of my downfall . . .
Yes, you're so right Blond! I used to buy the minis thinking I'm saving money and drinking "less". But at $2-3 per bottle and about 8-10 bottles, that didn't quite work out for me!
Old 06-01-2017, 02:58 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to stop by and say hello.....since joining last March I cut way back, but the whole moderation thing doesn't work for me. My last drink was March 8 of this year. Stay close to SR.....we've got an awesome group here......to me this site has made all the difference!
Thank you for the welcome, and so good to reiterate how important SR is. I've been reading it for years and have learned so much. It really does make a difference..
Old 06-01-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

The Owl, Trapeze Freak, Katsmeeyow, Kairi, Kel, PainInThe...- welcome!!!

D
Old 06-01-2017, 04:47 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Yep, and if you are doing that 6 days a week that is about:

SEVEN THOUSAND DOLLARS!!! $7000!!!! Per Year!!!
And that doesn't even count the $20 - $30 bottles you
drink when you go out to dinner . . .

Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Yes, you're so right Blond! I used to buy the minis thinking I'm saving money and drinking "less". But at $2-3 per bottle and about 8-10 bottles, that didn't quite work out for me!
Old 06-01-2017, 05:43 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

So glad to see everyone here and posting in June..lets do this!!!