Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-02-2017, 04:40 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

General - Congrats on your qualification and as well not falling when "that" thought entered your head. I am starting day 6 today and for the first time I was in my last hour at work and said to myself, I can use a drink. I brushed it off as you did but still, it is annoying .

SIGuk - I get what you are saying. I am lucky. the routine in life is where life is but hey, instead of dealing with a headache, dehydration, or just feeling extremely tired I have a clean car to walk out to in a 1/2 hour and I go back to work.

I am not online as much this week. This is because I am working from the office and with company proxies and internet monitoring I am not comfortable hitting the SR website. Sad, but a fact of life.

PM
Old 05-02-2017, 08:58 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

had my first day of work since i stopped drinking, i was worried because my lastest bender made me miss days at work, but nobody raised questions, and i had a good day at work. Sun is shining so bright here, so went for a lovely lemonade by the riverside after work where i normally would have gone for a cold beer. Day 5 sober and life is pretty decent
Old 05-02-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Evening of day 9 .. can't stop crying ... grrr!! AV is NOT going to take over!!!
Old 05-02-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Day 9 for me, too - just coming to a close. Goodnight everyone, sleep tight.
Old 05-02-2017, 04:59 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Hang in there dreams. It will pass. Each time you win your AV losses more control. Stay strong!
Old 05-02-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Sober Tyler and General.....nice job!! Keep at it, thing improve as you go along!
Old 05-02-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

General, congratulations on getting that qualification! Nothing to say you can't still celebrate in another way..a special dinner, buying your self something you have always wanted, sending your self flowers or balloons, buying a big frame for the certificate and hanging it on your wall...do something special for your self that isn't drinking and you will remember your pride in that for years to come! ,
Old 05-02-2017, 10:21 PM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

Congrats to you General! Wish you all a great sober Wednesday! Day 13 for me... Still working on trying to come up with things to do when evening anxiety/cravings hit. I even started playing soccer with my kids after dinner lol, they're really good, I suck at ballgames but am having a lot of fun :-)
Old 05-02-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the congratulations. It's a lovely and sunny start to day 10 here - double figures - got my Illy coffee - best coffee ever, IMO
Old 05-03-2017, 12:42 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Good Morning All,

Hope you are all well this morning. Morning of day 10 for me & first counselling appointment since my relapse .. not looking forward to it

Hope everyone has a good day!

DOF
Old 05-03-2017, 01:01 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Day 51 for me and i had a great time at the gardening place where ive joined a group who helps me back on my feet. Spent 4hrs in the sunshine!!! would never of done that if drinking or hangover.

Have great wed all xx keep up the hard work.
Old 05-03-2017, 04:06 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Day 7

I made it a week today. I know I am within the period of physical withdrawal but I do not notice anything outside of fatigue, I have not been sleeping my best.

DOF - hope your counseling session goes wells. I know emotions can go wild at the early stages of recovery and I the crying stage will pass. Think of it as tears of happiness. Maybe you are going through alot right now but your liver is jumping for joy !!

Stay strong everyone...

PM
Old 05-03-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Well done to all and I'm checking in here on day 7. I'm doing well. I was a once or twice a week binge drinker. Nothing extreme so I didn't have withdrawals to worry about and it was always at home once kids in bed. Bottle of wine at least but always looking for more. I don't know when to stop. After a few attempts to give up over the last couple of yrs I'd fail as soon as a big event came up like a night out or Christmas or anything really. I've let my husband down. I've let myself down. There's something different this time. I feel like I can fully see there is no benefit to me drinking alcohol. Sure I'd like to be able to enjoy a glass or two of wine with my husband. But the problem is while he always has enough with 1. I dont. I'd stop but the craving and desire would be there for more. That's no fun. So alcohol isn't an option for me anymore. It has no benefits and plenty of negatives. I feel positive about this. First challenge will be this weekend. Going to a party that there probably will be alcohol offered at. But most people will have 1 or two. I'll be having none thanks. A nice fizzy drink maybe instead. I never have those so it will be a treat. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:08 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

day 6. another lovely day at work, so sunny and summer temperatures here in Norway - makes me happy i work an outdoors job - I am a landscaper.
SO much talking about beers all around me and i didn't even get cravings - collegues talking about drinking beer, the company makes a party on friday, with beers, even on the radio so many songs about drinking beer, like that is what you have to do when the sun is shining. I just got home from work, eating melon and drinking lemonade and i am happy i wont have to ruin this lovely spring weather by getting wasted
Old 05-03-2017, 12:28 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

DAY 23 and feeling good. Over my lunch hour I went on a 30 minute hike on the trails behind my office building. It's a wonderful 69 degrees F here and I was happy for the warmer weather and that I didn't need my sweatshirt. Sure, everyone else was wearing shorts and tank tops, but I'm so fair skinned that usually it doesn't feel warm to me unless it's at least 75 degrees F.
Old 05-03-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Pianoman61 View Post
Day 7

I made it a week today. I know I am within the period of physical withdrawal but I do not notice anything outside of fatigue, I have not been sleeping my best.

DOF - hope your counseling session goes wells. I know emotions can go wild at the early stages of recovery and I the crying stage will pass. Think of it as tears of happiness. Maybe you are going through alot right now but your liver is jumping for joy !!

Stay strong everyone...

PM
Good job on one week! Us Boiseans need to stay strong together!
Old 05-03-2017, 12:47 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  

8:45pm and off to bed to read - can't stay awake - cocoa is lovely - sleep tight everyone, Day 10 coming to a close here.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Hi All,
Today I saw my 20 th day. My AV was going nuts so I went to AA for the very first time. I said out loud that I was an alcoholic for the very first time. It was all a good experience and I conquered the AV one more day. Onward....
Old 05-03-2017, 08:17 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

I am posting here on day 16. I last drank on 4-17. It was the Monday after Easter. I was feeling tense and a bit down. I just wanted to relax. I did so many stupid and dangerous things that night. I am calling it quits before I kill myself or someone else.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:19 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Nice to read everyones stories and acheivements over the last couple of days.

Day 10 for me. Double figures. Feeling much better than the first week.
Getting stronger but also very mindful of the AV and any temptations.

Wish the weather herw in England would warm up a bit as it was so cold yesterday.

Well done to everyone