Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 05-07-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Day 10, returned home from an amazing tentin g trip to the mountains, felt magical watching the sun set from the mountains, I also stopped by one of Norways amazing ancient wooden churches. Was so warm yesterday i could climb the mountain just in my t-shirt and jeans, even though i walked in deep snow. Woke up today in my tent to see the world covered in fog and rain, so got quite wet on my walk down to my car, but felt amazing getting home after a lovely trip. So much better than any nigtht out i ever had!

Old 05-07-2017, 11:18 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Day 18, hope everyone has been doing well! I have traveling for work and had internal battles but have remained alcohol free. Doing great during the day but anxiety late night.
Old 05-07-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Glorious photos, SoberTyger
Go well, Mitos and everybody, stay close to SR
Old 05-07-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thats an amazing part of the world ST - thanks for sharing

D
Old 05-07-2017, 05:29 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

DAY 28 for me. Had some new neighbors stop by to supposedly introduce themselves. At least that's how they started out the conversation, under that guise. Turns out they really only came over to complain about our trees. They're too tall, too many leaves, too many roots, cause too much shade in their yard, etc., etc. We've been in our house for 5 years and they just moved in over the winter. They started throwing around words like Home Owners Association and Home Owners Insurance, but were deflated when we told them we are not in the same subdivision as them (they are back neighbors), thus, different HOA. They then said they bought the house in the "dead of winter" and didn't look up to see the trees when they went into their backyard. Like that's our problem somehow. Ugghhh - JERKS! We have checked the laws and we are well within our rights and are under no obligation to trim or cut them to our neighbors' liking. We told them they are welcome to trim any branches hanging over into their yard up to the property line, and that goes for any roots growing in their yard. As far as cleaning up any dropped leaves, etc., oh well, welcome to adulthood! Anyway, instead of drinking over the situation, I ended up spending a couple of hours planting a bunch of flowers. That helped, but I'm still ticked off about it. Thanks for letting me vent.
Old 05-07-2017, 05:32 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberTyger View Post
Day 10, returned home from an amazing tentin g trip to the mountains, felt magical watching the sun set from the mountains, I also stopped by one of Norways amazing ancient wooden churches. Was so warm yesterday i could climb the mountain just in my t-shirt and jeans, even though i walked in deep snow. Woke up today in my tent to see the world covered in fog and rain, so got quite wet on my walk down to my car, but felt amazing getting home after a lovely trip. So much better than any nigtht out i ever had!
Incredible images - thank you for sharing!
Old 05-07-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Beautiful church ST, thanks for the picture
Old 05-07-2017, 06:30 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

PippoRossi - your newly-planted flowers will create something beautiful. Well done!
Old 05-07-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
PippoRossi - your newly-planted flowers will create something beautiful. Well done!
Awwww, thank you. You are sooo right!!!
Old 05-07-2017, 06:54 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Things continue to improve,especially with my teenagers. I'm being a better Dad. I've gotten back probably 6-9 evenings in the last 3 weeks that I would have just gone to sleep in the chair and woke up in the morning feeling ashamed and grumpy. But instead I've done what I should've been doing as a Dad. I still don't have an answer for anxieties and the waves of depression that cycle through, but I'll certainly live through it all. Stay strong all, thanks for being here.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:08 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

ST, my Norwegian relatives have a place near Flam. I wish I spoke Norwegian, my grandparents did and my aunts speak some, but my generation never learned it.
Old 05-07-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Things continue to improve,especially with my teenagers. I'm being a better Dad. I've gotten back probably 6-9 evenings in the last 3 weeks that I would have just gone to sleep in the chair and woke up in the morning feeling ashamed and grumpy. But instead I've done what I should've been doing as a Dad. I still don't have an answer for anxieties and the waves of depression that cycle through, but I'll certainly live through it all. Stay strong all, thanks for being here.
Amazing. Good on you!
Old 05-07-2017, 08:48 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

SimplyFree, you're doing a great job. I am going through similar with anxiety and struggles with my children and it isn't easy. I know things will only improve without alcohol.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:19 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Sober Tyger those are beautiful pics!
Pippo..the nerve of those neighbours! My gosh, I would never tell a neighbour to cutdown or trim their trees to anything else! People are just wow sometimes. Glad you planted some beautiful flowers to combat the negativity!
Old 05-08-2017, 03:59 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Pippin, I've been getting beds ready for about 250 gladiolus and some hostas that I ordered. My roses are getting ready to do the first blooming, so I'm always excited when that happens. Love making things colorful and smell nice.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Afternoon All.

Few busy days with little internet access. 15 days today for me and I'm feeling pretty human!!

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 05-08-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Yet another rainy day here, but I'm awake and looking forward to whatever comes along today. Waves of old guilt wash over me at times, but know that the only way is to remain sober and present. Guilt is always what sent me back to the bottle. Not anymore.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tertor View Post
Sober Tyger those are beautiful pics!
Pippo..the nerve of those neighbours! My gosh, I would never tell a neighbour to cutdown or trim their trees to anything else! People are just wow sometimes. Glad you planted some beautiful flowers to combat the negativity!
Yes, indeed! Before going to work this morning I opened up the shutters to the back patio and had a peek at the beautiful flowers. So joyful!!!

Old 05-08-2017, 09:33 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SimplyFree View Post
Pippin, I've been getting beds ready for about 250 gladiolus and some hostas that I ordered. My roses are getting ready to do the first blooming, so I'm always excited when that happens. Love making things colorful and smell nice.
Wonderful! Please promise to post pictures once they are in full bloom.
Old 05-08-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awake61 View Post
Waves of old guilt wash over me at times, but know that the only way is to remain sober and present. Guilt is always what sent me back to the bottle. Not anymore.
Same here. I'm determined to not let it get me this time around!