Notices

Class of April 2017 Support Thread Part 2

Old 04-30-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Day 16, Everyday is a new adventure. I didn't sleep very well last night and I'm laying awake staring at the ceiling at 5am. Nonetheless, the sunshine should return here today. Hopefully it will be a more calm day instead of filled with urges. I still need to be very careful with my thoughts. It is easy to let my AV start chattering. I'll be on guard all day, no permission.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 7 dreams!
Old 04-30-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Good morning everyone. Day 6. Wife wants to go workout today. We failed on bike ride and exercise yesterday. But stayed the course otherwise!
Old 04-30-2017, 06:20 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Day 10 for me. Longest I've been sober since 2009.
Old 04-30-2017, 06:53 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by inplainview View Post
Day 10 for me. Longest I've been sober since 2009.
Right on, inplainview. Nice work!
Old 04-30-2017, 06:59 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Beginning of DAY 21 for me. Holy cow, that's 3 whole weeks! And to think of where I was 3 weeks ago today, waking up in a panic knowing I had behaved badly the day before, but not quite remembering what I did or said. Uggghhhh, never again, folks. Never again.

Today I have a lot of things planned:
  • Do laundry
  • Bake blueberry muffins
  • Sort out vitamins for next week
  • Make lunches for next week
  • Plant flowers that I bought yesterday
  • Make weekly phone call to Dad
  • Make weekly visit to Mom
  • Do whatever else I feel like doing - SOBER!!!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:35 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

I'm afraid it'll be a red line on the calendar today. Drinking's been on my mind all day. I just succumbed.
I don't want to be negative on here. I'll come back when I'm ready again. Good luck everyone.
Old 04-30-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Maladaptive

Originally Posted by taplow View Post
I'm afraid it'll be a red line on the calendar today. Drinking's been on my mind all day. I just succumbed.
I don't want to be negative on here. I'll come back when I'm ready again. Good luck everyone.

It's not to late to pour it out and go for a walk!
Old 04-30-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

Been a lovely sunny spring day. Had some nice walks outside. Biggest downside of the day was i gathered courage to look a bit into my finances, credit situation, and it's obviously a mess and i am stressed and I don't know how to get an upper hand. Took some stupid credit while drunk i barely remember, with insane conditions. Maybe it was too early, only 3rd day into recovery. I should just take one moment at a time, can't rebuild a broken life over night. Just feel so angry at myself and stressed about it
Old 04-30-2017, 12:55 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Nearly 9pm here - craving sweet food and very sleepy - can't seem to keep awake - end day 7 - doing lots of exercise, and I mean lots - got the time now. Hope all's OK with everyone though I know we're all facing our demons - sleep tight.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:09 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hi I'm new here and just quit the booze for the 1st time - had enough

So glad I found this site! Quit drinking 6 days ago, its been hard so far but going well. It's so great to see that other people are going through the same thing. It feels like a lonely road and these cravings are really getting to me but I'm going to give it a shot.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

taplow, please pour the rest out, get some sleep and check back in with us. We all understand how hard this is.

Day 7
I haven't felt too well for the last few days. I thought it was my new diet but then I thought it might be a slight case of the flu but now I think it might just be my body getting used to no alcohol. I slept most of yesterday and I've been up today but not really doing anything other than laundry and some other things that have to get done for this upcoming week. Last week was so stressful at work I hope this week is better. Someone quit and they aren't replacing her so I have more work than I can get done. The new work is something I haven't done for years and the process has changed so I am having to relearn everything, and I have my regular work still too. I can't get it all done and I'm just doing the best I can but it's stressful. Ok, enough complaining

Have a great new week everyone
Old 04-30-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Being so isolated, it is so helpful to be able to come here and read others stories. 5 days, feeling tired too. But have stopped the sugar intake and drinking water just like I used to swill the vodka. Although, with the water I use a glass! Thank you all for being here.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I have had terrible cravings, cider and beer used to be my drink, that would start Friday straight after work until Monday morning, 1st weekend sober in a long long time.

I have had terrible cravings and have drank my body weight in diet coke with ice in a pint glass over the weekend, can't stop eating too!

Feel happy one minute and terrible the next - what a journey so far.

This site is awesome
Old 04-30-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SIGuk View Post
Feel happy one minute and terrible the next
I can relate to this SIGuk
Old 04-30-2017, 01:55 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

SIGuk....been there.....recently!
Old 04-30-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

I just keep swaying from feeling free and can accomplish anything, get excited about waking up without a hangover and all the things I can do and buy, and the future looks so bright, then the next minute, literally the next minute I'm sat on the sofa full of dispair with a life without alcohol. Exhausted and too tired to do anything and all I have is that inner voice saying "see how you gave up for 5 days" your in control go and get some cold ciders.

Loose interest in everything, I feel like I'm no good, can't do this.

But then out the blue have a spurt of energy and dance around singing, have a shower, dress up smart and write all the things down I'm going to do.

Haven't got around to doing any of them yet but at least I'm thinking about it! haha
Old 04-30-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

That is how the battle is, but you get stronger and your AV gets weaker. You recognize it's lies, like "I'm in control"... your not...it's ok. But it is the reason you don't pick up the first drink! You feel emotional, mood swings all over the place, yep....normal. It will improve. I'm on day 15, it has been a difficult 15 days and worth every bit of the struggle. No guilt no shame, no lying to myself. I saved money and my self esteem. Stay strong! No regrets!!
Old 04-30-2017, 02:36 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

SIGuk - Hang in there, it is all part of withdrawal and will pass.

Day 4 for me and I am doing well, the other day I had a rough time with withdrawals. Headaches, cold chills, and ears ringing worse then normal but since then it has subsided to the point it is gone.

Keep it up every, strength coming everyone's way.

I am assuming our thread will be moved tomorrow since there will be a Class of May 2017.
Old 04-30-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I need help. Today is day 1 for me, I've been drinking to much and I need to put my family first.
Please spare me a thought as I struggle through today. My Wife has thankfully taken the day off to support me.
Unfortunately we are getting our pool resurfaced so theres going to be lots of noise at home