Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 13

Old 06-20-2017, 06:13 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Morning Jannies, wishing everyone a good Sober day
Old 06-22-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hi Guys!
I had to skip the first six pages. Will read back later. Hope all good.

I can't get on the site with my Iphone 5s any more. It just spins circles and says I'm logged in. Then it says only logged in users can go where I'm trying to go.

Been doing good. Hope to keep it that way. I have to run. Taking my aunt to the doctor. Delilah (I think it was), is your mom doing ok? I dont have time right now to read the pages I've missed. That sure sounded sad.

We own a very profitable fall business. A cousin inherited 1/3 of the farm from his dad. Now we have a lawsuit Tenants in Common where he's suing us to buy him out or sell the land. This part of the farm is 27 acres. Appraisal is $140k an acre. We don't have a spare million to buy him out. The lawsuit as begun.
Where there is money there is greed as we all know. It's just so sad to get pushed out of business. And we are a St. Louis tradition. So many sad people. A very strange fall coming up too. B O R I N G

Take care all. If I could just get my phone to let me own. I miss this site. I'm at my other house that has the internet and I'm on my laptop now.

Olivia
Old 06-22-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry about the phone problems Olivia - last I heard the techs were trying to replicate the issue in order to fix it.

D
Old 06-22-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Great to hear from you Olivia. Glad to know you are doing well. How is your son going? Sorry to hear about the business troubles particularly with family. Money is the root of all evil but we still need it, right? I hope it gets sorted out soon for you.

How is your mother Delilah? And your brother? I know they have different issues but I hope they are both doing better. Still enjoying your holiday time?

Hi to all my Jannie friends. I'm doing so well with my sobriety this time. Sunny mentioned in a post on another thread about how we can learn and build from relapses each time. My past sobriety attempts do seem to have a cumulative effect each time. Not sure why I could so easily fall back into old habits in between, but alcohol is no longer an option for me now. The brain is becoming alive again. It feels good to be present in life.

Odelle, Thump and Nic please let us know how you are. Thinking of you and everyone on this thread. Have a great day friends 😊
Old 06-27-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi Sandy and Olivia,

It is great to hear from both of you, and of course it is always great to hear from Dee.

Olivia, I'm sorry about the money situation, it definitely seems to somehow bring out the worst in some.

My mom is doing okay, it not great. She ended up back in the hospital with sepsis in early June, and was there for 17 days. While there she wasn't. Wing properly taken care of by some of the aides, and ended up with an awful rash and sores, not good. She was moved to a nursing home last Wednesday, and will probably be there for a bit. Her hand still is not supposed to have any weight bearing, and she's still on the antibiotic drip, and feeling weak. They have started treating her platelets with a daily pill, and it seems to be working, however, it is very expensive, and insurance doesn't cover it, so her hematologist was able to get her a grant to pay for the medication. Health care can definitely turn into a nightmare. I talk to her every day, and I'm not going in with the kids this summer because it is very expensive for all of us to fly, and she wants to be able to enjoy them. I may try to go for the week of Thanksgiving, or during Christmas time. I will fly back if she needs surgery so she has someone there. All prayers are still greatly appreciated.

My brother is doing okay, he was very lucky to get a job with a friend after losing his license. His friend's dad owns a plumbing company, and knows my brother does good work, and also knows he screwed up and that not having a job would make it even worse, so he got very lucky. They pick him up and drop him off each day. He goes to court on July 19th, and the thing his lawyer is hoping is to avoid going to jail. So please pray that he is able to avoid jail so he can continue he working and taking care of his children, as well as helping my mom.

My break has been wonderful so far, I'm enjoying time with the kids, and we've been exercising each day, whether it is the gym, or walking, so I hope to be in a good pattern by the time I head back to work on July 20th. I am very excited to begin my new position. It is truly what I've wanted to do for a long time now, but didn't know if I was quite ready yet.

Sunny is doing well, she checks in on the 24 hour thread every day. Sandy, and Olivia, you might want to join us on there as well. Bandi also checks in there daily, and so do I.

Thump, Odelle, and Nic, it would be great to hear from all of you.

Sending lots of love to all Jannies.
❤️Delilah
Old 06-30-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Hi Jannnies,

Just checking in to say hello. Hope you are all gearing up for a wonderful long weekend.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-02-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Delilah! Hello Jannies & Dee

Not much to report here other than I'm very grateful to celebrate another sober long holiday weekend.

Wishing everyone a peaceful Sober Sunday (or Monday
Old 07-05-2017, 06:02 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

Hey friends- just wanted to say hello. Hope everyone enjoyed their 4th. I am tired, it was such a long day with the kids! I woke up wondering if I had drank- I can't wait for that to stop happening.
Going to chill at home and watch movies with the little guy today. Very grateful I can do that.

Much love to all of you!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:01 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

We seem to have lost many from our group, I hope they will decide to check back in at some point.

Just wanted to share that I am starting my new job tomorrow. I am so incredibly excited, this isn't the job I have wanted for a long time, I've always been passionate about Curriculum since I started teaching, so this is a chance to do what I love full time, and impact student learning on a larger level. I have a few meetings tomorrow, and will spend some time with my boss. I am scheduled to be back next Thursday, but may end up working one or two other days after tomorrow once I see what needs to be done to get the school year under way.

I wouldn't have this job if it were December of 2015, and without the amazing support of all of you in this thread, and of course Dee. Thank you for being supportive and amazing. I love and appreciate each of you!

❤️Delilah
Old 07-11-2017, 11:18 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes Delilah

D
Old 07-12-2017, 04:44 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Good morning Jannie friends.

Good luck with your new job Delilah. Education is one ( if not the most) important job in the world. To be in a position to influence children's lives is amazing. Wishing you all the best.

Well, I've been sober now for four months! It seems much longer as my past life is now too hard to fathom. I won't get complacent though. This lifestyle is too wonderful to give up. It's true what has been said in the past. I don't miss it. Occasionally a thought may pop in but it's not entertained as anything but impossible. Such as I'd like to own a tropical island 🌴.
My brain and memory is functioning at a much higher level than I ever remember. Although I haven't been a everyday drinker for 20 years, I have been drunk hundreds of times more than the average person. It does physical damage to us and luckily I was able to stop before it was completely irreversible. Dealing with stress is actually much easier being sober. The key word is "dealing" with it. I can do something about the stresses in my life now instead of numbing them. I also find some things that used to stress me out, don't anymore. I used to get annoyed when my hubby came home early, now I greet him with open arms.

Work is good but insanely busy. Another thing not possible when I drank.

Would love to hear from everyone else too. Hope you are all doing well.

Have a great day 😊
Old 07-13-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Sandy, thanks for the update and Congratulations on your 4 months!! That is really something to be proud of and you are right about 'dealing' with life as a sober person. It IS easier to face everything head on without the numbing effects of alcohol.

Congratulations Delilah and best wishes as you begin your dream job!

Hi Sunny! It's so good to see you here and on the 24-hr. thread!

Delilah is right about our amazing class and I'm so grateful we all came together when we did! For those who still check in here and in other threads, it's wonderful to see you. For the missing, you will always be in my heart and I hope to see you again someday.

Wishing everyone a peaceful sober day or night.......
Old 07-14-2017, 11:27 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Sandy, you are so tight about the stress. I always thought drinking was my stress relief. Truthfully, it was an avoidance tactic, and whatever issue I was trying to escape from was still there in the morning, and now needed to be dealt with by me with a less than clear mind. Four months is excellent, that is one third of a year, you should be very proud!

I agree with Bandi about everyone from this thread always having a special place in my heart. I love seeing Bandi and Sunny on the 24 hour thread, Sandy, you have checked in over there a few times as well.

Dee is all over this place, every time I respond to a thread Dee has already posted a supportive message. I really think he might be the true Santa Claus, and perhaps has little SR elves to help deliver messages of support and inspiration.:

Dee and his elves bringing joy to everyone on SR 12 months a year.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-25-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Hope everyone is doing well. For those who haven't checked in for a while, you are missed.

❤️Delilah
Old 07-25-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hi Jannies,

Hope everyone is doing well. For those who haven't checked in for a while, you are missed.

❤️Delilah
What Delilah said! Love to all!
Old 07-27-2017, 02:53 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Oh, my post didn't post! Typical of my day today 😴
I'm a bit grumpy and down lately, but sober!!
Have a great day everyone
Old 07-27-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Sandy - good to see you!

I'm a bit grumpy too. It's okay though. We're both living life on life's terms.
We're sober and experiencing emotions full throttle.
I used sugar & carbs to get through a stressful and anxious day yesterday and woke up with a sugar hangover. I'm so glad it's not an alcohol induced hangover!

How's your 'new' job coming along?

Take care.....
Old 07-27-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone.
My job is busy! Really busy and I'm working long hours. Also starting to feel the pressure of being the boss's wife and dealing with lazy young people who think it's ok to call in "sick" via text! In my day we had to put on a fake sickly voice!!
I most certainly put way too much pressure on myself and try to please everyone which doesn't seem appreciated.
I started a morning meditation to set myself up for a positive day.
And yes, Bandy you're so right. It's just a matter of living life on life's terms. The good and the bad which I am so lucky to be able to experience.
We'll be busy for another month or so then I'll have to deal with the surplus staff!
Love and positive thoughts for everyone.
Have a good day 😊
Old 07-27-2017, 09:50 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Thought I had better come and say hello as I've been stalking these rooms a little! Sending love to everyone. I am mid-struggle right now but I think I'm getting there. Love and miss you all heaps xxx
Old 07-28-2017, 04:14 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Hello dear Nic! So wonderful to hear from you. You will get there! We are here for you as you have been there for us. You have the tools - just pull one out at time then sobriety will start rebuilding itself. Thinking of you. Take care 🤗