http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-12-a-20.html

D
Old 04-21-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee!!!
Old 04-21-2017, 11:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Jannies,

Thread number 13, we are pretty darn impressive. Sorry I haven't checked in as much on here, I've been checking in on the 24 hour thread.

I hope everyone is doing well. I had a great start to my weekend. The kids and I went out to dinner, and then my girls came with me to my school's talent show. When we got home my 12 year old and I watched Grease. I love that movie, and haven't seen it in forever. My throats actually hurts from singing.

I am so glad my weekends are filled with sober memories, I appreciate every single moment with my kids.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

❤Delilah
Old 04-22-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

thanks Delilah

D
Old 04-22-2017, 02:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's electrifyin' !
Old 04-22-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Yeah, I've just been busy myself. Work is moving me to another store come Monday, too, so I may well be scarce.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello dear friends,
Doing okay over here- finally feeling better after the bronchitis, pneumonia in my left lung and then a sinus infection! GAH! I don't know what I need to do to get my immune system up or how this happened to me all at once.

Still sober with no intentions or desires to drink again. We've been to 2 social events in the last week and managed with diet soda and water. It feels so good to be in control although I still have mornings I wake up and have to remind myself if I am hungover or not- I hate that feeling, that dread and am so glad I will never, ever have to experience it again.

We move into the new house on May 9th- very excited to settle in an get situated. I hope my Jannies are doing well- hope to hear from all of you soon!
Old 04-23-2017, 04:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep well, Sunflowerlife
Old 04-23-2017, 07:26 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Woo-hoo, Thump moved us along to a new thread!! Thank you Dee!

Good morning Sunflower - so good to hear from you and glad you're settling into your new home! That bronchitis/pneumonia is nasty stuff. Your body will continue to heal in sobriety.

Hi Caramel - love seeing you here. Hope you are well...Carry On, Carry On.

Best wishes Thump on transitioning to your new store.

"I got you, it's multiplying"......can't get that song out of my head. Thanks Delilah

Wishing everyone a good Sober day or night.....xxxx
Old 04-23-2017, 09:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's great to hear from everyone.
You sound very happy Sunflower. So pleased for you. Enjoy the change!

Being busy actually feels much better sober. Good luck on your new side business Thump. What a great yet simple idea. All the best with that.

I've been doing evening shifts this week and gardening in the morning. So happy spring is here. I love watching what plants come up after the snow. A spiritual woman once told me that my garden is a reflection of my life. It's so true. There's a huge difference between a sober garden and a drunk garden. The latter is full of weeds with productive but neglected veggies and flowers. So many veggies were wasted from my inactive.

I just rounded the corner on 5 weeks. Feeling good today. Finally got used to being on my feet all day.

Hope you are all doing well. Have a wonderful sober day everyone. 🤗
Old 04-23-2017, 10:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Gonna have to watch Grease again! I need to go to sleep but am now singing Grease songs and playing the video in my head!!! LOL!

Better Shape Up!
Old 04-23-2017, 10:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That John RAvolta can sure dance!!

On a serious note, I can't keep my act together. Gonna look into some professional help I guess. I need to do something and don't even know where to start. My husband can't understand why I can't stay stopped. I had a very scary health issue today. Calling doctor in the morning. Time for my physical anyway.

I read on here fairly often. Why can some ppl do it and others can't. My husband is four months+ in and our son and I keep messing up. I've never failed at anything in my life so you can imagine how I'm feeling. I'll still check in here tho if it's ok with everyone.

Carry on! Everyone sounds so good. My husband keeps telling I have to put my mind to it more and quit saying F it and having some wine.

Olivia
Old 04-25-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Olivia, so nice to hear from you. I totally understand what you mean about not being able to stop. I honestly thought I couldn't do it without professional help therefore why bother trying. I'm only 5 weeks in this time but I am worried about depression in the future like last time (although I gave up smoking then too and put on so much weight and looked horrible). This time a lot of guilt from my drinking wasn't there as most of it was done by myself and when I did go out I never got like I did before probably because I was most likely drinking all day and went home earlier than usual (not without buying a bottle for the following day).
That's one point that's different. I guess the most significant was my first time to read recovery books. I really wish I read some much earlier in life. And the number one reason why I am sober is that I never want to be drunk again. Someone said it's a game of Russian roulette and it's not a matter of if something will happen, but when. I don't want my legacy on my death to be "she was drinker" followed by say no more head shakes. Not to mention posting on SR more often.
I hope you find the strength to keep going with it. And it's so amazing that you keep posting on here.
As they say in the last song of grease "we go together".
Happy days all.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Olivia - the first step for me was admitting that I couldn't drink and be the person I wanted to be. I had to choose one or the other.

Once I chose my side, it was easier (not easy but easier) to do everything but drink.

You mentioned your son drinks too - do you kind of subliminally give in when you see him drinking?

D
Old 04-25-2017, 05:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Crap. I just lost a BIG post. Dog gone it! I wish there was a save button. I still work on my phone.

Lots of good stuff by Sandy and Dee.

Gonna have to be much shorter post. Recovery books and SR really do help me get to thinking. And wondering why I throw in the towel. I had 4.5 months from reading and trying. The legacy part is big for me too. That would be a terrible legacy. I think my son and I trigger each other. If one's doing it the other does. I don't really let him see me tho (separate houses). But I'm honest with him about it so he does know.

I can't be the person I want to be if I'm gonna continue drinking. Thanks Dee. And Dee said before someday I'd (we'd) wake up and want to be sober more than drunk. So true! I think the time is here. And I'm finally ready. I pray I am.

Today I worked all day and then hopped on my bike and road the Levee! These sober days are wonderful. I always think what kind of nut would put this crap in their body!

Gonna go before I hit a button and post!

I think my son and I both think the gun isn't gonna go off and we both know that it is gonna go off sooner than later!

I'm gonna keep reading and trying to post more. I just get to tired of electronics!

Getting the AVRT books this week also. Found the secular threads. Those are great. Another good one is concentrate on being sober and not on not drinking today.

Take care.

Olivia
Old 04-25-2017, 05:56 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Dee - I hit quick reply instead of post reply. Don't know where my message went. And besides that I lost my first post from using my darn phone!
Old 04-25-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well there was quite a delay before my big post hit the screen!
All good now. And no, no booze in me!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

9:08 and checking in for another 24. The work week is definitely resting my sanity so far, thank goodness I have a few incredible colleagues to keep me from going off the deep end.

There are only a few weeks left in the school year, which always brings hectic and crazy days. Tomorrow I am meeting up with a few other principals after work to hike away some of the end of year stress.

I have definitely been working long days, but the advantage is I feel good heading into the final stretch. I have about a million professional books I want to read right now, and I'm having a hard time figuring out which to start with!

Hope everyone is doing well.

❤Delilah
Old 04-28-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good morning! Hope you are all doing well. Good luck Olivia. I've been thinking of you. Just take it day by day and focus on the benefits of sobriety. We are not missing out on anything. yes, keep calm and carry on!
6 weeks today! Feeling good. I love being sober! I like feeling healthier, looking better and having my brain starting to return. However, the last couple of mornings I've woken up with vivid dreams again but I'm only tired for a short time.
Gotta get ready for some visitors for lunch. Seems like a good idea when we organize it but I can't be bothered now! Oh well, soldier on.
Take care everyone and enjoy your days. 😊
Old 05-02-2017, 05:26 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Morning Jannies & Dee

Thank you for sharing Sandy! You sound good and I'm glad your new job is working out for you. Take care....

Hi Thump -haven't heard from you since you moved to the new store.
How's that working out?

Wishing everyone a good Sober day or night......xxxx