Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 13

Old 12-10-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Bandi - 2 years of working at recovery is an awesome achievement

D

Last edited by Dee74; 12-11-2017 at 03:24 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 05:02 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bandicoot2 View Post
Hi Jannies & Dee,
Since most of you check in on the 24-hr. thread I rarely visit our class thread.

Two years ago this month I was drowning. Our class and SR saved my life. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart! And for those who no longer check in but may read this....you know who you are. Thank you.

Love to all!
Can’t believe it’s almost 2 years that we all met on here.. even though I’m only almost 5 weeks sober again, I was at my absolute sickest when I joined this page and AA then too.. thankfully my drinking never got back to that level again, and I feel grateful for SR and all of you too.
Bandi and Delilah you’re both such an amazing inspiration!! (And Dee of course)
Hopefully everyone will eventually return to SR again and let us know how they’re doing.. xx
Old 12-24-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congratulations Bandi - 2 years of working at recovery is an awesome achievement

D
Thank you Dee. You've been such an integral part of my journey.
Your first words of "I was fairly certain I could stop pouring alcohol down my throat" encouraged me enough to keep at it. Once I stopped pouring alcohol down my throat and got through the physical addiction I could begin working on the 'Whys' and the 'Isms' I still work at it almost every day and SR is a huge part of my recovery.

Wishing everyone a blessed and sober Christmas and New Year.
Old 01-01-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Just wanted to say Happy New Year and congratulations Bandi and Delilah! I am so proud of both of you and so honored to know you both and be on this journey with you. I hope you have an amazing day filled with love, smiles, pride and maybe some celebratory treats- you deserve the world in your hands for what you have accomplished! Love you both!
Old 01-01-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats from me too Bandi and Delilah

D
Old 01-01-2018, 05:37 PM
  # 186 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Thank you Sunny!! So glad we're all together on the 24-hr. thread!! Much love to you girl, let's keep doing this.

Thank you Dee!!
Old 01-05-2018, 03:21 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 2 years of sobriety, Delilah and Bandi! You have both been so inspirational and supportive. Thank you so so much for your understanding and wonderful advice.

Happy New Year to my fellow Jannies. I wish you all a wonderful year.

I’m doing well. I made it through holiday celebrations no problem. I sipped on fancy mineral water and non-alcoholic “champagne”. I’m still surprised how little most people drink. My mineral water was the biggest hit at the party!!

Have a great year Jannies. 😃
Old 01-11-2018, 07:59 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Hello Jannies,

Happy New Year!!

Just checking in to send lots of love to all of you. I was reflecting on how important this group was to me finally achieving sobriety. I had bounced between a few classes, but with the support of each of you I was able to hit the two year mark, and I am now continuing in my third year with an incredible support system. Each and every one of you in this class helped me get where I am today.

I love seeing several of you in our 24 hour thread, and I miss those who no longercheck in. I hope you are sober, and doing fantastic in life.

Dee, you are an honorary member of every thread, and are such an integral part of my journey, and I know the journey of thousands of others, and that is pretty amazing.

Thank you Jannies, I love you all!!!!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-27-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by SandyO View Post
Congratulations on 2 years of sobriety, Delilah and Bandi! You have both been so inspirational and supportive. Thank you so so much for your understanding and wonderful advice.

Happy New Year to my fellow Jannies. I wish you all a wonderful year.

I’m doing well. I made it through holiday celebrations no problem. I sipped on fancy mineral water and non-alcoholic “champagne”. I’m still surprised how little most people drink. My mineral water was the biggest hit at the party!!

Have a great year Jannies. 😃
^^^Me too.

It's so good to see you Sandy and I'm glad you're doing well!
Old 01-27-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Hello Jannies,

Happy New Year!!

Just checking in to send lots of love to all of you. I was reflecting on how important this group was to me finally achieving sobriety. I had bounced between a few classes, but with the support of each of you I was able to hit the two year mark, and I am now continuing in my third year with an incredible support system. Each and every one of you in this class helped me get where I am today.

I love seeing several of you in our 24 hour thread, and I miss those who no longercheck in. I hope you are sober, and doing fantastic in life.

Dee, you are an honorary member of every thread, and are such an integral part of my journey, and I know the journey of thousands of others, and that is pretty amazing.

Thank you Jannies, I love you all!!!!

❤️Delilah
I'm so glad we're traveling together on our sobriety journey!
Life is better sober. At times it's not easy, but it's definitely better.
Love you dear friend!
Old 01-27-2018, 07:25 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good morning SR world

Ready for Saturday Work 4 hrs need the money raining lots

24 more please

When men are rightfully occupied, then their amusement grows out of their work as the color petals out of a fruitful garden.

—John Ruskin

What do we need most in order to be happy? Certainly we all need to be loved. Yet we need even more than that. The spirit also wishes to be needed. When we are needed, no matter what age we are, we serve a purpose for others. When we are needed, we will be loved, as well as respected, imitated, and rewarded with gratitude. Our needs are not great empty pits to be filled any way we can. They are the couplings by which we connect to those we love. Our needs also tell us what others want, and how to enrich their lives--which also enriches ours. How do we become needed? We have only to look at our own needs and give what we need to others--love, respect, kindness, and generosity. When we realize we are needed, we realize we also need others.

What do I need that I can give to another person today?
Old 03-28-2018, 01:07 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hello my dear Jannies- how is life treating you these days?
I am doing well and excited about approaching my 11 month mark in April. I really can't believe sometimes how many years I wasted on drugs and alcohol- especially now that I see how easy it is just to live a sober life. Don't get me wrong, the first 6 months sucked bigtime but at this point the thought of drinking doesn't even cross my mind. I am not tempted by any stretch of the imagination. Drinking just doesn't align with who I am as a person anymore.

Anyway, I was hoping to see an update but I know you guys use the 24 hour thread too. I wanted to send my love here and let you all know I was thinking of you...
Old 03-31-2018, 06:12 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I thought I’d come back and post in here, great to see a recent post Sunny xx well done on 11 months, everyone is going so well.
I’m struggling today...not with drinking, just with life. I thought I was coping alright but I’ve not slept a wink and thought I was having a heart attack (anxiety).. I just want this **** to be over with.. maybe it’s just hit me but hopefully I’m just feeling lousy because I’ve had so little sleep
Anyway didn’t want to come on to moan ..
Sending love to all.. wonder how the rest of our class is doing?
Old 04-01-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
Hi guys, I thought I’d come back and post in here, great to see a recent post Sunny xx well done on 11 months, everyone is going so well.
I’m struggling today...not with drinking, just with life. I thought I was coping alright but I’ve not slept a wink and thought I was having a heart attack (anxiety).. I just want this **** to be over with.. maybe it’s just hit me but hopefully I’m just feeling lousy because I’ve had so little sleep
Anyway didn’t want to come on to moan ..
Sending love to all.. wonder how the rest of our class is doing?
Hi sweet Nic. I know this is a difficult time for you- I wish I could help you somehow. Are you just waiting on results at this point and if so when do you expect them?
Please don't ever feeling like you are moaning.
I hope you can find a way to get some rest. Maybe even some herbal tea made for sleep will help relax you a bit.
Thinking of you as always...
Old 04-01-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Hi sweet Nic. I know this is a difficult time for you- I wish I could help you somehow. Are you just waiting on results at this point and if so when do you expect them?
Please don't ever feeling like you are moaning.
I hope you can find a way to get some rest. Maybe even some herbal tea made for sleep will help relax you a bit.
Thinking of you as always...
My results came in last week. It was confirmed as bowel cancer.. was feeling positive but I’ve fallen in a heap today..
I’ll try getting an early night and bounce back hopefully x
Old 04-01-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
My results came in last week. It was confirmed as bowel cancer.. was feeling positive but I’ve fallen in a heap today..
I’ll try getting an early night and bounce back hopefully x
Oh Nic, my heart goes out to you.
This wait period before a treatment protocol must be incredibly stressful and of course you're struggling. Who wouldn't?

The positive in all of this is that you listened to your body and caught it early. By getting and staying sober, You've given yourself the best possible chance to fight this.

We're with you every step of the way and I know each of us wish we could be there in person as well.
Old 04-06-2018, 09:52 PM
  # 197 (permalink)  

I love you all so much
Old 04-07-2018, 12:20 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you holding up Nic?

D
Old 04-07-2018, 05:19 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
How are you holding up Nic?

D
I’m ok thanks for checking Dee . it’s just been a tough few weeks..I’m sure I’ll have another few meltdowns but for now I’m trying to stay positive.. A lot of what I’ve read says that patients do better when they have a good attitude so that’s my own mission for now- can’t control much else!
How are you Dee?
Old 04-07-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm fine thanks Nic

D